What is the best lighter for paracord and heatshrink?

megadarkwood

I don't want to use a heatgun, I am thinking of picking up one of these: http://www.sotooutdoors.com/products/item/PT-14SB.html

I want a lighter so I am looking at one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Zippo-Black-Matte-Pocket-Lighter/dp/B000B5H5SE/ref=sr_1_16?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1383701005&sr=1-16

Would it be good for paracord/heatshink? It stays on when you light it right? until you close the lid?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Just buy a disposable bic lighter...

too mainstream, I would like to be able to put the lighter on the table while it is "on" so that I can use both hands on the cable .etc

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

too mainstream, I would like to be able to put the lighter on the table while it is "on" so that I can use both hands on the cable .etc

Have you watched how to sleeve before? You can do just fine without that ability.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

I'm pretty sure they stay lit. TV say it does so it must be true.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

You could tape it down (safety first). I would buy one of the long candle lighters and just tape the "trigger" down and have some more tape on the other switch so you can toggle the flame. You could also use an unscented candle without wax surrounding it.

Spoiler

I used a zippo and it worked just fine tbh i dont think it much matters which lighter you use.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

You could tape it down (safety first). I would buy one of the long candle lighters and just tape the "trigger" down and have some more tape on the other switch so you can toggle the flame.

Have you watched how to sleeve before? You can do just fine without that ability.

I am going to be doing some other things not just sleeving where I would like to be able to do it

I used a zippo and it worked just fine tbh i dont think it much matters which lighter you use.

Zippo's have a very wide flame that can get wafted around everywhere. They also become incredibly hot if you leave them on.

A standard lighter is better for sleeving.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Zippo's have a very wide flame that can get wafted around everywhere. They also become incredibly hot if you leave them on.

A standard lighter is better for sleeving.

I wont leave it on for too long, so that is not a problem. Thanks.

Why the hell you need heatshrink for a paracord? Its like Government wanting justice...

Buy some BiC or other cheap one and fire it up...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

NONONONNONONON GET A JET LIGHTER IT HAS A HOT AND VERY THIN FLAME TRUST ME ON THIS THIS IS THE BEST LIGHER YOU CAN USE ANY JET LIGHTER like this

http://www.amazon.com/Windproof-Triple-Lighter-Assorted-Keychain/dp/B004B40OXO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1383702433&sr=8-3&keywords=jet+lighter

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Butane is the only fuel that burns hot enough to burn DNA. The more you know...

This knowledge should not be used for illegal or illicit activities...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

1650CandlesAndRoses432.jpg

Do it old school

and sensual

Needs moar rose petals

As per request

237% increased rose petals

Edited by helping

Error: 410

NONONONNONONON GET A JET LIGHTER IT HAS A HOT AND VERY THIN FLAME TRUST ME ON THIS THIS IS THE BEST LIGHER YOU CAN USE ANY JET LIGHTER like this

http://www.amazon.com/Windproof-Triple-Lighter-Assorted-Keychain/dp/B004B40OXO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1383702433&sr=8-3&keywords=jet+lighter

I need one that stays on

I am going to be doing some other things not just sleeving where I would like to be able to do it

Smoking? I don't endorse it.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Smoking? I don't endorse it.

no, things that use paracord, not just sleeving.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I used to cut HEAPs of rope ... best thing to use is a hot knife because it cuts and seals at the same time

a hot knife wont do heat shrink though.

Its all about those volumetric clouds