How mad at life you need to be to DDos the extra-life.org event

thebestnewbie

Hi,

Just went back to the site to see how how much they acheived to get for kids (a whopping 3.8 M$) and then i see + 4 DDoS attacks.

My question : How mad at life you need to be to attack a foundation that save children?

Yeh, its pretty sad.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

ooh come on guys, people are better than that! 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

From what I've heard a couple days ago ExtraLife was not attacked themselves but there data centres. So anything else could have been the targeted that has there site on the same data centre.

Still not an ok reason what so ever, I personally feel that a DoS attack should be illegal. But it makes me feel better knowing that they didn't go directly after the site but only the servers, so maybe it was a causality for something else.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I think you have to be sick to do this, some people in this world.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

The Battlefield Charity Stream (and countless charitable streams I've watched) have been numerous DDoS'd in the past 12 months. It's not something new, but people who do it should still go die in a fire. (maybe not to that extent, but seriously reconsider their priorities).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I absolutely hate life and wish I was dead but I would never do something like that.  In fact I did the opposite and donated money while watching the GameSpot feed for at least 16 hours and in that time I won a Witcher 3 shirt. :)

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

From what I've heard a couple days ago ExtraLife was not attacked themselves but there data centres. So anything else could have been the targeted that has there site on the same data centre.

Still not an ok reason what so ever, I personally feel that a DoS attack should be illegal. But it makes me feel better knowing that they didn't go directly after the site but only the servers, so maybe it was a causality for something else.

DDOS-ing somebody is illegal but very hard to trace if done properly.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!