how bad is a razer product?

ferdzxc

just saw a pretty good deal on the razer blackwidow chroma so i pulled the trigger.

considering i did not pay for the so called "overpriced razer product" 

is it not that bad? or am i just hopping on the mainstream train.. 

ps. never owned any razer product

YMMV. Their quality significantly went down after 2014 from my experience, and it wasn't that great to begin with.

Not bad at all. I've had issues with their software, but nothing that can't be remedied. 

I just don't like their products and would prefer Logitech's offerings over Razer.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

razer isnt bad, they are just overprice for what they are. Blackwidow chroma is one of there better decent priced products. the software is not like any other (like corsair), really easy to use, u can pair it to games like ow (really cool) the build quality is good, switches or ok(i like cherry blues, greens doesnt seem consistant and doesnt feel as good). if u bought the one with macros for 120$, its not that bad of a deal nor product.

My friend has some Razer Keyboard that is RGB. He has it for about a year now and the B-LED on one key does not light up anymore. He also has a Razer mouse that he got the same time as the keyboard and going 6 months with it, he has problems with it not inputting anything to the computer, which is a nightmare when playing Rainbow Six Siege and not being able to aim at an enemy. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Their keys were totally shite, which were made by Kailh or smth. Now they're manufactured by Greetech and they're 10 times better. Now they're actually really good quality (Granted they're still mostly plastic though). The razer green switches feel very nice, but personally i use a Corsair Cherry MX Silent Strafe RGB keyboard

ive had razer producs for over 6 years now and i never had any problems with them. running a mamba TE and blackwidow chroma X now, best keyboard and mouse i ever had(had a proteus core and a razer deathadder before this)

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.

They're generally fine (just overpriced), but the quality can be a bit hit or miss as of late. I had to return a set of Razer headphones twice due to a design flaw last year. I'm not a huge fan of their new keyboard switches but that's down to personal preference more than anything.

The software can be a pain sometimes as well but I've never had any serious issues with it, nothing a restart couldn't fix anyways.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

i've seen razer products fail consistently, but i'd rather attest that to the people using them than to bad manufacturing.

now... the price of some of their stuff... i aint even gonna get into that one.. (logitech user here :ph34r:)

Razer products get the job done, but are just overpriced for what they are. Mid-tier product for a high-end price. Same with Beats and a bunch of other "name brand" stuff.

"Rawr XD"

They aren't bad at all, just overpriced, quality has gone up significantly in the last months too, they had a real bad downfall in 2014 to 2016, happens to all brands (even amd had a 6 year downfall, maybe it will change with the ryzen), although you can get the same quality from other brands at a lower price, no #PcMasterRace bragging rights tho jk, but the best player in the world of LoL (faker) only uses razer products, and most MOBA korean pros do too, the problem is in fps games, they get pricy at that point, 130$ for the mamba that can be used as an fps mouse, and in MMORPG's many players get the tartarous or the orbweaver with the naga, one of the best RPG mouses out there.