Show Help 
: 59.4 ms
 4k @ 60Hz + HDR 
Show Help 
: N/A
 4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 + HDR 
Show Help 

60 ms is somewhat high, but not that bad. People get confused because they're comparing it with response time numbers which are typically 1 ms, 5 ms, or something like that. Yes, 60 ms would be very high for a response time, but we're talking about input lag, not response time. A typical monitor has 10-30 ms of input lag which is basically instantaneous as far as humans are concerned. Maybe the higher end of that (25+) might be noticeable for very competitive gamers but it will be very small. 60 ms will be a moderate amount of latency.

I got an lg 49 inch Uf7700, I was looking either that one or the UH6500, and now i found this: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/uf7700

Which says that the UH6500 has a response time of 20ms while the uf7700 has 60ms

I'm not going to game that much, and probably not pvp games, but for more casual games like payday, warframe, cities skylanes, terraria etc etc, is it really that big of a deal?

that's like 4 frames of input lag, not a huge deal for casual games, but it would be noticeable.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

60ms is LOADS. its verry noticable. for casual games maybe not so much but anything competative or that requres you to react to anything quickly it will be horrible. 20ms is also pretty bad tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

It's not the end of the world.  I have my pc connected to a vizio p50-c1, response time ranges from 20 to 65ms. For battlefield I can definetly tell a difference between 65 and 20 as well as on my 1ms monitor.  However on payday I haven't ever really noticed a difference. 

6 minutes ago, Niko_2142 said:

I got an lg 49 inch Uf7700, I was looking either that one or the UH6500, and now i found this: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/uf7700

Which says that the UH6500 has a response time of 20ms while the uf7700 has 60ms

I'm not going to game that much, and probably not pvp games, but for more casual games like payday, warframe, cities skylanes, terraria etc etc, is it really that big of a deal?

if your calling payday and warframe casual your playing them wrong.

4 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

that's like 4 frames of input lag, not a huge deal for casual games, but it would be noticeable.

I'd like to know what ''noticeable'' is, I've never had the opportunity to play in such a display, I just want to ask if it's really that bad compared to 20ms, the point is that i want to know if the other monitor was a better choise

1 minute ago, Alaradia said:

if your calling payday and warframe casual your playing them wrong.

Why?

1 minute ago, Niko_2142 said:

Why?

because there not casual and frame timing is quite important to them especially in warframe when your moving fast 

3 minutes ago, COUPER MILLAR said:

It's not the end of the world.  I have my pc connected to a vizio p50-c1, response time ranges from 20 to 65ms. For battlefield I can definetly tell a difference between 65 and 20 as well as on my 1ms monitor.  However on payday I haven't ever really noticed a difference. 

I was looking for this kind of answers, thanks

Just now, Alaradia said:

because there not casual and frame timing is quite important to them especially in warframe when your moving fast 

Interesting, recently all I do is spam E near to objectives, but for something like bullet jumping I imagine refresh rate / blur matters more, which regarding the link i posted the tv I bought is a bit better at.

60ms of response time combined with whatever input lag the tv may have will be extremely noticeable. What would be noticeable is a ghosting effect when playing fast paced games.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

60ms is HORRIFIC for gaming, or really for any video watching of any kind.

Considering 100ms is a tenth of a second, 60ms is just over a 20th of a second.  Think about that in terms of your perception:  Gamers, martial artists, or anyone who plays sports should know that 1 second can be a really long time.  A lot can happen in 1 second.  

Now consider that 60ms response range allows for 17 frames a second (1/ 0.06seconds) to be displayed without any distortion.  Now think of playing games, or doing the activities above at 17fps.  Now increase the frame rate, and have pieces of the last frame, or last few frames still displayed in some way on the screen.  

60 fps means that one frame is displayed for 17ms (1/60frames).  That means that the pixels will still be still finishing up changing what they displayed 4 frames ago.

You're not talking about response time. It says right on the page you linked:

Response Time: 17.6 ms

You're talking about input lag/latency.

Input Lag 
Show Help
 1080p @ 60Hz 
Show Help 
 1080p With Interpolation 
Show Help 
: 113.6 ms
 1080p @ 60Hz Outside Game Mode 
Show Help 
:59.4 ms
 1080p @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 
Show Help 
 4k @ 60Hz + HDR 
Show Help 
 4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 + HDR 
Show Help 

60 ms is somewhat high, but not that bad. People get confused because they're comparing it with response time numbers which are typically 1 ms, 5 ms, or something like that. Yes, 60 ms would be very high for a response time, but we're talking about input lag, not response time. A typical monitor has 10-30 ms of input lag which is basically instantaneous as far as humans are concerned. Maybe the higher end of that (25+) might be noticeable for very competitive gamers but it will be very small. 60 ms will be a moderate amount of latency.