cant attach motherboard to case

ChaseKayzer

have red dragon powercolor radeon rx 480 and i cant click it in all the way to my motherboard h11om-a m.2

this is my first time building a pc and im getting frustrated is there anything im missing? im 100% sure its lined up

I don't know shit but i'm here anyways.

1 minute ago, ChaseKayzer said:

have red dragon powercolor radeon rx 480 and i cant click it in all the way to my motherboard h11om-a m.2

this is my first time building a pc and im getting frustrated is there anything im missing? im 100% sure its lined up

make sure you have the tab on the right side pushed all the way to the right, then slowly apply more and more pressure. It can take a good bit of pressure which can be scary

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

It requires a little force to push it in as the slot has a locking mechanism. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, grayblizzard said:

make sure you have the tab on the right side pushed all the way to the right, then slowly apply more and more pressure. It can take a good bit of pressure which can be scary

i have my motherboard laying on my desk so when i push the bottom parts of the motherboard feel like there scratching which is scary lol.. let me try

Very simple but..

Did you remove the pci slot covers on the back of your case?
Remove the little plastic tab covering the graphics cards pci connector (if it even had one) ?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, ChaseKayzer said:

i have my motherboard laying on my desk so when i push the bottom parts of the motherboard feel like there scratching which is scary lol.. let me try

alright i understand as motherboards seem flimsy and are not rigid

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Just now, ChaseKayzer said:

The board might bend a little from the tension, which might be what you're hearing - the board creaking.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

i got it in guys, it was weird because i was pushing really hard and it wasnt going in but once i put a lot of pressure on the right of it that side went in then the rest followed, I also have memory that i thought was all the way in but the lock part is not locking, its staying unlocked while the memory looks stable. do i still need to push this or is it good?

thanks for the fast answers guys i might ask more as i go through this process... i been doing this for an hour lol

7 minutes ago, ChaseKayzer said:

Yea it can be a little like that, you'll learn the difference between the right amount of pressure and a little too much. I used to scare clients in studio installing avid hd cards into mac pros when pushing the pci-e cards in, good for a giggle but bad or business.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

10 minutes ago, ChaseKayzer said:

i got it in guys, it was weird because i was pushing really hard and it wasnt going in but once i put a lot of pressure on the right of it that side went in then the rest followed, I also have memory that i thought was all the way in but the lock part is not locking, its staying unlocked while the memory looks stable. do i still need to push this or is it good?

Everything should be fully secured in its respective location.

Edited by Godlygamer23

4 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Yea it can be a little like that, you'll learn the difference between the right amount of pressure and a little too much. I used to scare clients in studio installing avid hd cards into mac pros when pushing the pci-e cards in, good for a giggle but bad or business.

You're likely scratching/scraping the solder points of the mobo with the table. Try a more smooth surface like your motherboard's box if that's a problem.

7 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

You're likely scratching/scraping the solder points of the mobo with the table. Try a more smooth surface like your motherboard's box if that's a problem.

quoting the wrong bloke bub

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

im trying to attach my motherboard to my case, it wont go through the i/o panel correctly. I feel like im pushing so hard to get it to almost go in and to be able to get the screws in the right holes but they dont line up, even pushing this hard the i/o panel is starting to bend. what am i doing wrong?

6 minutes ago, ChaseKayzer said:

im trying to attach my motherboard to my case, it wont go through the i/o panel correctly. I feel like im pushing so hard to get it to almost go in and to be able to get the screws in the right holes but they dont line up, even pushing this hard the i/o panel is starting to bend. what am i doing wrong?

Pictures? What case and motherboard?

All four corners are pushed in, I have to push against the IO Shield in order for the holes to match up with the screws and it just doesnt fit the way it should. also the golden screws are already in and they dont go through the holes, am I supposed to take them out and put them back in? maby thats the reasoning but im following a tutorial and the guy im watching doesnt seem to do that

29 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

The panel isn't upside down is it?  Shouldn't really take any force.

its not

First time building pc, in the process of wiring. If I wire incorrectly and start the PC is there any chance of permanent damage or will I be fine? Im guessing where everything goes basically right now and I dont want to ruin my pc forever.

Technically yes you can wreck something in the PC by plugging things in incorrectly, but most things are keyed to go in one way, so it's actually fairly difficult to do it. Power supplies are an issue, but pay attention to the manual and how you're plugging things into it, and you should be fine. The front panel wires can be connected incorrectly as well, but nothing will happen if you connect them wrong. 

If you orient the power button/reset button wires "incorrectly" on their respective connectors, they'll still work because their job is to short the two pins together.