LGA 1150/1151 questions

Go to solution Solved by kelvinhall05,
2 minutes ago, stevemenendez said:

With the i7 7700 announced while i am planing to build a new pc, i need to wait for the 7700 to be released to build my computer, i do not wish to be on the previous generation, I had the idea to take the i7 4790 out of my current system (alienware x51 R2) and mount it into the motherboard on the system i am planing to build as more of a holdover until the 7700 is released. My only concern is the socket. My 4790 is LGA 1150 while the 7700 would be LGA 1151 I understand that these are different sockets and I am wondering if there is any way i could make this work?

No. Just no.

Well, it is possible, but it would be too hard and/or expensive, you're better off waiting, or just buying a new motherboard.

With the i7 7700 announced while i am planing to build a new pc, i need to wait for the 7700 to be released to build my computer, i do not wish to be on the previous generation, I had the idea to take the i7 4790 out of my current system (alienware x51 R2) and mount it into the motherboard on the system i am planing to build as more of a holdover until the 7700 is released. My only concern is the socket. My 4790 is LGA 1150 while the 7700 would be LGA 1151 I understand that these are different sockets and I am wondering if there is any way i could make this work?

Intel 7700k @stock// Asus rog strix GeForce GTX 1080// Asus rog Z-270E// Phantels Enthoo Evolv// 32gb (2x16) Corsair Vengance LPX// Corsair H100i V2// Samsung 850 Evo 250gb// Seagate BarraCuda 3tb// Corsair RM750i

2 minutes ago, stevemenendez said:

No. Just no.

Well, it is possible, but it would be too hard and/or expensive, you're better off waiting, or just buying a new motherboard.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈