Why are websites telling me that my IP address is somewhere in California?

Kitten of the Broccoli

I live in Florida, first off, and I have Xfinity. I unplugged my modem last night, and only plugged it back in an hour ago. I immediately noticed that everything has been taking FOREVER to load. So, naturally, I go to Speedtest.net and see if there's anything wrong on my side. As soon as it loads up, ST tells me that my IP is coming from somewhere in California! For reference, the IP address I'm supposed to have starts with 174, while this new one starts with 66. I tried restarting my router, but it's still not fixed.

And no, I don't have any VPNs active, or even installed. I've checked on my desktop, laptop, and even my phone, and all are giving me the IP from California. Is there just something wrong at Comcast or something? I'm supposed to be getting 100Mbps download speeds, but I'm barely breaking 30 right now.

GEO-IPs aren't exactly the most accurate things... Some websites think I live in America, other get my province wrong, and others get my city wrong. Just call your ISP.

If you're using speedtest.net, you can change the testing server.

The RIPE database is used for the location value set on an IP.  It doesn't matter at all as IP blocks change hands so often that the RIPE database is not always up to date on the location an IP address belongs to.

I would suggest speaking with your ISP about your speed, it has absolutely nothing to do with the IP's location output from a cached RIPE database.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

What browser are you using?

OK, so, taking Jed's advice, I make Speedtest ping off of the closest server to me, Miami, and I'm now getting the speeds I'm supposed to. I think the issues I've been having have only been happening with one website.

However, when I go and use Xfinity's own speed test utility, that's where I'm getting the 30Mpbs down, even when I set the location to Miami.

Oh my gosh I'm such an idiot...

The reason I'm seeing a different than usual IP address is because I have Google Data Saver installed in Chrome. I opened WhatsmyIP.org into Edge, and it's showing me the correct IP. 

Yup browsers can do that.

Opera for example has a built in VPN that you can turn on and off with the press of a button. It's not that fast but it's pretty handy to go over region restrictions very easily easy.