i7 4790 Max temperature

Hello, I've been quite worried about my intel i7 4790 temperatures, while idle for roughly 1 hour it gets to 50c and when stressing the cores in cinebench R15 multiple times it even reaches 100c. I am using the stock cooler, and no overclocking exists on the CPU. I know the 50c is not much of an issue, but the 100c that's quite hot! During gaming I only get usually a max of 80c. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfenite said:

Hello, I've been quite worried about my intel i7 4790 temperatures, while idle for roughly 1 hour it gets to 50c and when stressing the cores in cinebench R15 multiple times it even reaches 100c. I am using the stock cooler, and no overclocking exists on the CPU. I know the 50c is not much of an issue, but the 100c that's quite hot! During gaming I only get usually a max of 80c. 

Try remounting it that quite hot you will want to keep it below 85C. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfenite said:

if your using the stock cpu cooler, i would get a hyper 212 evo for better performance.  the 4790 does have a really good resistance to thermal throtling but still thats really hot

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

5 minutes ago, Wolfenite said:

Try applying some new thermal paste, and if nothing effective happens invest into a new cooler.

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7-6700K

-GPU- 

Gigabyte RX 5600XT OC 6GB

-STORAGE- 

1x Western Digital 1TB HDD

1x Samsung M.2 1TB SSD

1x Crucial 275GB MX300 SSD

-RAM- 

Team Group 2 x 8GB DDR4 2400mHZ

-PSU- 

Corsair CX-M Series CX650M 

-MOBO- 

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6

-CASE-

Phanteks P400S Satin Black TG Edition

-PERIPHERALS-

Logitech g502 RGB and Blackwidow Elite.

-PART PICKER URL-

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Jf9tbj

Have a Nice Day, Give us a Thumbs up if I helped you, Why Not?

28 minutes ago, Wolfenite said:

First off, try taking your cooler off, cleaning the thermal paste off of the cooler baseplate and the CPU, the reapply the cooler with new paste. Couldn't hurt to open up the PC and check to see what state of cleanliness it's in. If you do have dust and/or fur jamming up fans or heatsinks, now's a good time to clean it out.

After you've done that, let the CPU sit idle for a while, then stress it. Open up a program like HWMonitor or SpeedFan so you can keep track of the stock cooler's RPM. The Haswell stock cooler maxes out right around 2500 RPM, if I'm remembering that correctly. If you're stressing the PC and the cooler isn't getting up to at least 2,200-2,400 RPM, it's possible that the motor on your stock cooler's fan is going bad. Depending on the OEM of the fan on your cooler, it might be something well-built that will last forever (Delta) or it might be utter garbage that burns itself out in a year (Foxconn). If your cooler's fan is dying, you can get a replacement Intel stock cooler from eBay for $5-7, or you can get a better aftermarket downdraft cooler for $7-15 on Newegg, Amazon, eBay, etc. Tower coolers will be a bit more expensive and, imo, are totally unnecessary for a 4790.

24 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

if your using the stock cpu cooler, i would get a hyper 212 evo for better performance.  the 4790 does have a really good resistance to thermal throtling but still thats really hot

It's a 4790, not a 4790K. The stock cooler is perfectly capable of keeping it cool. A 212 (or any tower cooler in that class) would be a waste of money.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I also tried the temperature test on a friends computer, they have the same specifications. They're also getting 100c while running Cinebench and 60c idle, instead of my 50 idle. His computer is slightly older though. ( Same stock cooler )