Where can I buy Kimi no Na wa?

Cookiecrumbles222

Hay guys I watched Kimi no Na wa recently and absolutely loved it, so I wanted to get a physical copy of it. Does anyone know where the cheapest place would be to pick up a physical copy of the English subbed version. Thanks for any help.

3 hours ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

Hay guys I watched Kimi no Na wa recently and absolutely loved it, so I wanted to get a physical copy of it. Does anyone know where the cheapest place would be to pick up a physical copy of the English subbed version. Thanks for any help.

Why people still covert physical copies of digital data these days amazes me.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

3 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Why people still covert physical copies of digital data these days amazes me.

The reason I want the physical copy is because there is something just cool about owning it, yes it's simpler to just watch it online and  always have it at your finger tips, but I truly loved this anime and it's just cool to see that box on the shelf. 

5 minutes ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

The reason I want the physical copy is because there is something just cool about owning it, yes it's simpler to just watch it online and  always have it at your finger tips, but I truly loved this anime and it's just cool to see that box on the shelf. 

There's this thing called NAS that can hold TBs worth of data... It also has the advantage of being available cross platform/device and synchronously even.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

4 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

There's this thing called NAS that can hold TBs worth of data... It also has the advantage of being available cross platform/device and synchronously even.

Yes, and unfortunately a NAS doesn't have cool sleeve art, bonus physical goodies, and any potential included art-books books or audio CDs.  And you're still essentially stuck at being able to locate the content online which can be fairly difficult for older and out of print anime that predate... uhhh... "online sharing."  Then you can argue over compression of audio and video.  Also a lot of anime successes are decided upon sales of merch.  I have no qualms about supporting my favorite shows, studios, or directors. From what I hear Makoto Shinkai is worth it. 

As for buying physical dubbed media.  You might have to wait for either Toho to release a US localization, or pray that a localization company such as Funimation pick it up.  

55 minutes ago, Monte_Carlo said:

Yes, and unfortunately a NAS doesn't have cool sleeve art, bonus physical goodies, and any potential included art-books books or audio CDs.  And you're still essentially stuck at being able to locate the content online which can be fairly difficult for older and out of print anime that predate... uhhh... "online sharing."

Do you even know what you're talking about? O.o

40 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Do you even know what you're talking about? O.o

Which part confused you?  Physical media often arrives with extra stuff such as cool box art, art books, nifty sleeves, and the joys of displaying your nerdery on a shelf.  These things are not part of the digital experience last time I checked.   As for digital acquisitions... many people are simply not willing to deal with it for various reasons.  OP seems to fall into the first category here.  His posts mention something about "just cool about owning it."  Sometimes it's not about convenience, but a matter of preference. 

You also seem to be ignoring the specific wishes of the OP who has asked where the movie can be bought.  Since he appears to be in the United States, his best bet is to either import it which isn't cheap or subbed/dubbed, or wait for Toho to bring it over to the US, or have a different company localize it.  

2 hours ago, Monte_Carlo said:

Which part confused you?  Physical media often arrives with extra stuff such as cool box art, art books, nifty sleeves, and the joys of displaying your nerdery on a shelf.  These things are not part of the digital experience last time I checked.   As for digital acquisitions... many people are simply not willing to deal with it for various reasons.  OP seems to fall into the first category here.  His posts mention something about "just cool about owning it."  Sometimes it's not about convenience, but a matter of preference. 

You also seem to be ignoring the specific wishes of the OP who has asked where the movie can be bought.  Since he appears to be in the United States, his best bet is to either import it which isn't cheap or subbed/dubbed, or wait for Toho to bring it over to the US, or have a different company localize it.  

Thanks for the help, do you know when it should come to the United States?

Didn't it just air fairly recently theatrically? It'll probably take some time for them to turn it around.

This is why I disliked when discountanimedvd.com got shut down. Place was awesome for imports, and each series had other products linked like figures, pictures, etc... Got a few cool ones, and like an Initial D wall scroll and stuff. I've never been a fan of regional licensing, and the product they deliver; this is why imports were a good option.

And I agree with owning certain physical media. I have 17 series of anime on my computer (those I deem worth keeping digitally, and I should get some more), but I only own 3 physical versions of those 17. Same goes for movies.

They're not going to start the dubbing process for at least five months, so don't expect a physical release until the mid to later part of 2017.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Mop said:

I realize this thread is quite old but I found a site that sells it if you're still interested:
http://www.playtech-asia.com/kimi-no-na-wa-your-name-dvd-movie.html

This is a bootleg. The Japanese Blu-Ray (And the UHD Blu-Ray, yes, UHD) won't be released until July and other regions are coming later.  If someone wants a physical copy, sure they want the REAL physical copy and not some pirated torrent baked into a disc, right?

45 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This is a bootleg. The Japanese Blu-Ray (And the UHD Blu-Ray, yes, UHD) won't be released until July and other regions are coming later.  If someone wants a physical copy, sure they want the REAL physical copy and not some pirated torrent baked into a disc, right?

I wonder which would be a greater insult. Downloading the torrent, or paying actual money for a bootleg which is probably an even worse encode to fit on a DVD?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…