iPhone 5s beats Lumia 1020 in Camera Shootout

solosdk

Pretty impressive on Apple's part for the color quality. I mean who in the right mind will need so much pixels for selfies?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Can you please stop fanboying over Apple products? Those are the only threads you make almost. It's sickening.

I know its auto mode but tell me which average joe is going to change all those settings in order to take just a quick snap?

This...

The average joe isn't going to get a Lumia 1020, the only people who will buy are camera geniuses

Personally I find that auto mode is crappy... In most situations the sets somekinda weird lightning modes and picture is blue or too yellowish(HTC One S)

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

I know its auto mode but tell me which average joe is going to change all those settings in order to take just a quick snap?

The 1020 is not meant for the average Joe, that is what their 900 phones are for.

tbh I feel from there photos its at least a draw imo if not lumia, even if on auto. plus u get tbe added bonus of a 41mp image to edit later if ya wish. id ti mer with a settings till I got a good setup for most situations and test it against its auto

Just a guy with a beard

I clicked on the link and all i see was an Iphone 5S ads.

I gotta admit though, the iPhone really takes some nice photos. The color is natural and Apple didn't hop onto the Megapixel train.

144Hz goodness

iPhone 5s camera is better than the 5 IMO. The s4s camera was bad for me. Never focused right. Most picture were blurry.

But I'd love a 41mp camera.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

That site is completely unbiased and legit. /sarcasm

That review is such BS... how on earth would such a little camera beat a giant sensor with real optics, OIS and whatnot? As if someone claimed a point-and-shoot can beat a DSLR.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Sony made the best camera Sensor which is in the iPhone 5S FYI... Other device with the same or similar sensor from Sony will most likely get the same kind of quality of the camera on the iPhone 5S.. Color accuracy is something most people wont care about because no one is going to edit their picture on their computer with a phone that took picture. In my opinion, smartphone's camera don't really matter if it's higher than 8MP with good color but if you dare compare photo then what's the point of having to take picture with a smartphone? Digital camera is and will perform better than smartphone. No one uses photo from their smartphone for their desktop nor for their picture around the house... After everyday use, you wont notice that the color on your phone is very bad nor very good...

Kids ... with a small lens like the ones used in smartphones, picture quality will always suck. No matter how many MP are behind it. (Did you ever consider, that a 4K-image is only ~8 MP?)

Sincerely, a DSLR user.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

They are smartphones, they take decent shots at best. I rarely use the camera on my phone, but when I do its for meaningless shots that go on instagram or something. When I want to do even a little bit of photography then I pull out my Canon 6D.

it would be nice to have 41MP for all my photos, i have a 5S and the color accuracy is really good, but i just wished they would have higher resolution by now.

im not too sure about the true-tone flash vs the xenon flash though

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

No, the iphone 5s camera is the better one hands down. Changing the aperture or iso will not change the color and detail the lumia takes in. The way that the lumia processes the photo is the main problem.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.