GTX 670 or wait for 700 series?

Cs342

what about a 3GB GTX 660Ti? MSI has one.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I got a Galaxy 660ti, great card, great overclocking. Have beaten the benchmarks of some 670's. And running 73 max C at 99% load.

Yes, this is what I was referring to, Nvidia forced MSI to stop overvolting .

That's why MSI 660 Ti power edition cards sold right now have capped voltage like all other 660 Ti cards.

I'd get a 7950 and call it a day, the 3GB 660 Ti cards are a waste of money, since the memory buss on the 660 Ti is way too narrow to take advantage of the extra RAM.

Framerate%201920x1080%20Percent.png

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-memory-bandwidth-anti-aliasing,3283-13.html

Giving the GeForce GTX 660 Ti another gigabyte of memory, totaling 3 GB, is pointless, though. Even games that are modified to support huge textures demonstrate worse performance with 3 GB compared to 2 GB.

problem is the 7950 costs pretty much the same as 7970 over here, but theres a HUGE price difference between the 660ti and 7950, and the 660ti and the 670.
Where do you live? do you shop online ?

If you shop online give us some of the websites you shop on and we'll point out good deals.

I thought the 7970 was better...

The 7970 is in fact better.

Tom's Hardware, Anandtech, Techpowerup & Hardware Canucks all show the 7970 beating out the 670 at stock and the 680 @ GHz Edition clocks.

You also get superior AA & 2560x1440 performance + 3GB of RAM .

And currently you get Crysis 3 + Bioshock Infinite for free.

I doubt anyone would buy a 670 right now unless they were either miss-informed or a die hard Nvidia fan.

Use your 460 for physx, AMD has Dynamic V-Sync.

And it's not "extra" performance, you will definitely need this performance in current games like Crysis 3 & Far Cry 3 also with upcoming games especially now that we are in the beginning of a new console cycle, games will become incredibly more demanding, not to mention that most if not all future console ports (which make up the majority of PC games) will be AMD optimized since all next gen consoles have AMD GPUs and CPUs, it's also what developers use to design games for next gen.

I read a review that a 7950 running at 7970 clock speeds will perform pretty much the same as a stock 7970, so it seems wise to save a bit of money and get a 7950, overclock it and enjoy better performance. So my final decision is to get a 7950 :) Still bummed about losing PhysX, but hopefully we'll see more games running Havok and TressFX this year. Thanks for all the help :)

The 700 series Kepler refresh Gk-110 core GPUs wil becoming out in the middle of 2013, of course they will utilize pci 3.0, why wouldnt they? Your only other 2 options would be to wait for the 800 Maxwell series, supposedly coming toward december of this year, or get the 670....I would personally get a 700 series card. Kind of like intel, I'd stick with the Tock...Not the Tick....The 700 series, seems like the tock, for Nvidia, as it doesn't have a die shrink(nm shrink) from 28, but its a better gpu with new architecture. 800 Maxwell would have the new architecture but a new die shrink(20nm Maxwell), but I would get a 700 series card as of now from what I know.

So this is the best deal I could find for the 7950...

http://www.linkecomputer.com/products/1020163/21196-00-20G/SAPPHIRE/

the cooler looks far from promising though

Yea this cooler should cool your gpu pretty good. If you want a better cooler, I would get the SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB OC edition which features a dual fan heatsink.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

So this is the best deal I could find for the 7950...

http://www.linkecomputer.com/products/1020163/21196-00-20G/SAPPHIRE/

the cooler looks far from promising though

The problem is that that website only has this particular 7950. If it's not going to support high overclocks due to temps or noise then I might as well get a 660Ti, or order this from NCIX and pay for the extra shipping:

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=67546&vpn=GV-R795WF3-3GD&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1334

• 2 months later...

Wait for the 700 series

oh wait...

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

• 1 year later...

That is the age old question. Do you know when the 700 cards are even coming out yet ?

And here I am waiting for the 980ti two years later