How to make money as a kid

Flatnose321

Well i'm trying to save for a new graphics card(AMD RX480 or Nvidia 1060). But i cant get any money. I've tried getting a paper round but the waiting list is two long to be efficient. Any recommendations for what i should do to get my cash. I have a decent PC so something using a computer is plausible.

5 minutes ago, Flatnose321 said:

Well i'm trying to save for a new graphics card(AMD RX480 or Nvidia 1060). But i cant get any money. I've tried getting a paper round but the waiting list is two long to be efficient. Any recommendations for what i should do to get my cash. I have a decent PC so something using a computer is plausible.

Mow lawns, shovel snow, babysit(depending on age and other variables). There's loads you could do.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Just now, Doggy McDogface said:

Work online. Beware of scammers though 

What kind of work?

17 minutes ago, Flatnose321 said:

The easiest way I found was working during the summer. At age 15 and over you could make about 700 euros or more by working for 3-8 weeks.

I live in Sweden, so maybe it easier for the youth to find work here? I haven't really looked at how other countries have it. Maybe ask your parents or neighbours if they need any help in exchange for some money. If you explained why maybe they were more willing, most grown ups I have met likes seeing the younger generation working for their money.

Delivering the newspaper, doing gardening work, or taking care of pets/small kids might be plausible work for your neighbours.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Youtube ?! , Help out your family and their friends if possible, spread the word around so they know you want to help. 

Legally you cant ask any employers so it really only depends on people you and your family knows in your local area.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

7 minutes ago, Brian Boucher said:

Weather permitting, wash neighbor's cars.....

washing cars is a good idea, however expect some people to be very picky and others to not even let you touch it. I wouldn't let some random neighborhood kid touch any of my cars, xD but thats just me. like @c0d0ps said, just ask if there is any work you could do in exchange for a few bucks, expect manual labor without much return, we have all been there :P I personally would avoid trying to make any real money online, its very unreliable if you can get anything at all.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

7 minutes ago, Flatnose321 said:

What kind of work?

Surveys, website/product opinion, watching videos. 

But there is 90% of scammers in this field so I would advise you to stay away from it unless someone you know is already doings something like this and can recommend you a reliable website to sing up with (you will need to be of legal age or just use your parents information with their permission !)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Linus has a couple of videos on this very subject.

The "mowing lawns" route was acceptable, whilst selling fruit wasn't.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

what's one strength/advantage that you currently have or can cultivate some more?  (hint:  an understanding of tech, used tech, and what that used tech is worth).

Scour your local craigslist, for sale forums, deal sites, etc. You'll need to start with some seed capital so maybe your parents will loan you some.

Keep an eye out for crazy deals and part outs  ( I find that setting craigslist search alerts is good for this), go to estate sales and garage sales.   Buy stuff that you think you can flip for a profit.   $20 here, $40 there.   Sell on ebay where the selling price is more predictable and reliable.

I had a friend that would go to garage sales in wealthy neighborhoods and buy used purses and clothing that she would flip for 10x the value on ebay.  more and more people are doing that now, so you'll have to choose what products you want to flip carefully.

Rinse and repeat.

I'm not an expert! In fact I'm usually just 1 google search ahead of you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2016 at 6:46 PM, NoCarrier said:

what's one strength/advantage that you currently have or can cultivate some more?  (hint:  an understanding of tech, used tech, and what that used tech is worth).

Scour your local craigslist, for sale forums, deal sites, etc. You'll need to start with some seed capital so maybe your parents will loan you some.

Keep an eye out for crazy deals and part outs  ( I find that setting craigslist search alerts is good for this), go to estate sales and garage sales.   Buy stuff that you think you can flip for a profit.   $20 here, $40 there.   Sell on ebay where the selling price is more predictable and reliable.

I had a friend that would go to garage sales in wealthy neighborhoods and buy used purses and clothing that she would flip for 10x the value on ebay.  more and more people are doing that now, so you'll have to choose what products you want to flip carefully.

Rinse and repeat.

i am pretty good at using tech and I used to jail break iPhone and provide kodi boxes for my neighbours. Well news spread and I kinda ran out of costumers. Craigslist is literally never used in UK and i looked but I only found like a few listings.

On 20/12/2016 at 2:21 PM, Flatnose321 said:

What kind of work?

Stocks and shares...

I worked from 11 onward in a scummy garage cleaning cars for cash. Go find someone who is willing to pay you off of the books perhaps but be careful that you don't get your teeth knocked down your throat for your trouble. 

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

If you can code programing for a server on a game you play could make you alot of money