you wanna tell me win8 boost bf4 fps?

lhikary

well then
shit just got serious
what you guys think?
bf4_windows_m.png

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

What!? Seriously? Damn, now I need to buy a copy a of Windows 8. That improvement is huge!

That's slightly insane...

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

so an OS could give 20fps more? care to explain further?.. not really convinced that this graph is accurate.

7RdLC8f_zpsff8f6a7e.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Not surprised. It's base on windows NT 6.3, four-five series of build numbers after the Windows 7. So there's alot of features been turn off which the users doesn't need. 

DigitalFoundry should make a video on this, see if it's true.

Time to test.. love having dual booting abilities ;)

SHOWS US WHAT YOU GET :D

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

I predict that there will be improvement, but in the range of 5 percent maximum.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

This seems accurate.

Most of the performance issues people complained about with the beta turned out to be caused by Windows 7. It seems that Battlefield 4 is the first game to get a truly meaningful performance boost from Windows 8.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Don't really trust that site. 

This seems accurate.

Most of the performance issues people complained about with the beta turned out to be caused by Windows 7. It seems that Battlefield 4 is the first game to get a truly meaningful performance boost from Windows 8.

bf4 is wors than the beta now"

read the fourms

Don't really trust that site. 

besides bf4 is still in it's early ish stages? so id give it a fair abit more time to optimise and get everything sorted out.

honestly though, if more graphs like this show up and actually prove theres a huge difference beetwen windows 7 and 8 i might actually have to upgrade .. even though i love my windows 7, and literally had no interest in windows 8 at all.

i will indeed :) although im having to go to bed now cause i work in 6 hours :/ ill report back early tomorrow

I'm excited to hear your results

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

What the hell is a KL./s?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If this graph is true, it might push me into getting Windows 8, even though I hate it with a passion.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I'm excited to hear your results

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Based off my first few runs this graph holds true.. ill come back with full out numbers after some more testing

Just installed Windows 8.1 an hour ago I was getting about the same performance as on that picture. I will update after I get everything installed stay tuned my BF 4 is still downloading.

Also have same specs so we'll see

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Just installed Windows 8.1 an hour ago I was getting about the same performance as on that picture. I will update after I get everything installed stay tuned my BF 4 is still downloading.

Also have same specs so we'll see

Dammit! }:(

well then

shit just got serious

what you guys think?

bf4_windows_m.png

AHHHH! no!!! Microsoft Has something up their sleeve!! I freaking know it!!! :(  I also know that this should be able to be done in windows 7 too, by turning off effects and stuff. 

To all I am a HUGE Windows 7 fan but the graphs are 100% correct I went in this expecting nothing. I went from a laggy 45fps to a frame drops in the low 20's (not ULTRA settings Meds and Highs only no AA 1080P) in Windows 7. I installed Windows 8.1 and on ULTRA I am getting a solid 60FPS V Sync on and around 60-75 with it off. Windows 8.1 just saved me 350$ I was about to SLI but with the gains I just got I don't need another GFX card. Take it how you will all I'm saying is that the graph wasn't lying 8.1 did improve the performance in BF4 by A LOT.

For those of you who need a copy of Windows 8.1 Microsoft has a 90 Day free trial its an ISO download it burn it to a DVD and your set. If you can in 90days save up 120$ and get it.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

There's a reason behind this you guys...

It's not that Windows 8 is magically faster in comparison to Windows 7 when in comes to games, well it does provide higher Min FPS, but the average should be the same, if not a tiny bit lower vs Windows 7.

The reason Battlefield 4 runs so much better on Windows 8+, is that Battlefield 4 is the 1st game to natively use DirectX11.1.

DirectX11.1 brought some much needed CPU performance improvements vs older DirectX APIs (according to DICE's rendering architect), so people running DirectX11.1 enabled OSes (Windows 8 and Windows 8.1) should definitely see increased performance.

Having that said, I can't wait for Battlefield 4 to get updated for Mantle (:

update: ULTRA with AA = OFF 135FPShigh with 100FPSmin