A couple of Video game movies coming out that I'm somewhat excited for: Ratchet and Clank and Heavenly Sword

If you can't see that video, click the grey shield in chrome and click Load unsafe scripts. 

I'm kinda psyched for this. ... The fact it is in CG makes me happy. A normal movie would've been weird, I think. Why didn't I hear about this sooner?

Also:

This one... I have less optimism about. Heavenly Sword is more action oriented and has enough "open-ness" to be made into a movie successfully imo. Ratchet and Clank has been going on long enough that... I dunno. I'm just uncertain about it. 

What do you guys think? I know video games -> movies tend to be questionable at best, but I think these could do well.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Heavenly Sword.. looks like a Flop

Ratchet and Clank could do as good as any other animated film

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Heavenly Sword.. looks like a Flop

Ratchet and Clank could do as good as any other animated film

No Andy Serkis, which is the whole reason King Bohan was any good. Still, that game has the best voice acting I have ever heard, and also the best final boss fight... I'll watch it.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I can only see Ratchet and Clank being a successful film.

Heavenly Sword sounds like it will flop.

WoW movie all day err day :I

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

WoW movie all day err day :I

this.

And i kinda still want a halo Movie.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

oooh ratchet and clank.. been a long time since i played the originals on ps2.. think its time I dust my ps2 and play those games again.

Looking forward to seeing the ratchet and clank movie!

The way to make a video game movie successful is to make it appeal to people who aren't gamers.  Most video game movies have been action movies and have never worked out so well.  Making a rachet and clank movie that would appeal more as a kids animated movie than a video game movie could possibly work.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

this.

And i kinda still want a halo Movie.

I suppose you don't count this then?

I get that it isn't a movie by itself (more like several short movies), but still. Kinda fits. Or did you mean live action?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I suppose you don't count this then?

I get that it isn't a movie by itself (more like several short movies), but still. Kinda fits. Or did you mean live action?

The halo legends short Movies were alright. but yeah.. live action^^

But im hoping for something more along the lines of the books. like "Contact: harvest" or "The cole protocol". (First strike and Ghosts of onyx would be cool too)

Or ODST as a live action Movie.

And i'd love to see the "lord of the Clans" World of warcraft book as a cgi movie 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"