sholud i wait for amd zen????

yes

FX is NOT WORTH IT (anymore)

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

there's also daily "480 vs 1060?!??" followed by "which 480" or "which 1060" or "which cpu to get" or "which gpu to get"

Cant have a master thread for everything.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

3 minutes ago, prathameshCr7 said:

what difference will it  make to that of fx8370

Alot.

You'd cry if you bought an FX now and then compared it to a Zen when they're released.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

The issue with fx is they are really outdated and the sockets are not going to be used on the new CPU

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 hours ago, Strike105X said:

Last if you do got a hefty budget aren't fixated on amd then just go with an intel i5-i7 build if you performance is your concern and want a new pc as quickly as possible.

I got an fx recently, i didn't cried then, i didn't cried now when seeing zen's showcase, and i sure won't cry when its launched, because nobody hands this down for free, hardware costs money, at launch it will be expensive, the hardware (motherboards mainly) will have most certainly bugs to iron out. In contrast i got this fx with to of the line mobo for scrap change, and it does great, no zen of course, but for its value, incredible.

Comparing AMD to AMD, a newer one will always be better especially now since this is the biggest jump for AMD for a decade. I have an i5-6600K system and I'm considering selling this system to get a new Zen one. Add a few cash here and there and hopefully I get to jump in on the 8C/16T bandwagon if I decide to sell this.

Saying you're happy with a product doesn't mean other people will be especially now a new product is on the horizon. Budget-wise, an old intel i5/i7 would still do better than most of the FXs but considering that AMD always has a product for those who want good performance and are on a budget it is still better to wait. Regrets are always made in the end. And OP is not gonna lose out just in case he waits for Zen, since if he decides he doesn't like Zen, he can buy the FX.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Wait for ZEN obviously,

FX chips sucks and performs very badly.

If you need to buy now, buy intel

4 hours ago, Strike105X said:

TL

I read it. I get your point. But I think you may have been misunderstanding some things in my post my post. A couple of things to clarify -

When I said "Regrets are made in the end" I mean it as a general statement to all and not really that OP will not waiting. So how does that contradict what I said when people have their opinions, especially since regrets are subjective in the first place?

I live in a country where even Ivy Bridge CPUs still get priced close to their launch price in some stores, some are priced correctly - that is if you can still find any, some 1150 Xeons get priced almost double, even the old ones, and a some GTX 750Tis have the same price as an RX 480 8GB. AMD has been giving the most budget friendly products for a long time now even here where I live, no denying that.

OP asking if he should wait for Zen means he has the option to wait for Zen.

Also, Zen, to be competitive will also launch in multiple configurations and not just 8C/16T. Additionally, that "Ryzen Summit Ridge" seems to be AMD's "FX" if you get what I mean. AMD will launch some newer budget friendly APUs too after the market introduction of their first Zen products.

To be fair, Skylake is the best "now" option if you have like a ~$500 and/or above budget. But even so, it is not good to make present day decisions without considering the future. The best solution is still to wait for more news (like pricing) about Zen.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

11 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Alot.

You'd cry if you bought an FX now and then compared it to a Zen when they're released.

Just because they are focus on Multithread and caches... yet...

1 minute ago, Anker_by said:

Just because they are focus on Multithread and caches... yet...

Not quite sure what you mean by that but uh, okay.

If you want to go with AMD obviously you should wait for Zen release but if you just want to build a pc and wants it before the new years evening the Skylake is still a good pick.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

At a minimum wait until we get pricing on Ryzen. Even then though, the competition is Ryzen or one of the Broadwell-E line.

At least unless Ryzen (the one that was just announced) is priced very aggressively (around 500 bucks), in which case it probably starts competing with Skylake and Kabylake.

2 hours ago, Strike105X said:

Again, TL

Yup, you actually don't need to explain yourself much. Sorry if there was a different interpretation to my original post that I didn't mean. Happy holidays :P

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler