Health Advice?

AniJan

This is a bit personal, but whatever. I need advice.

So currently, I am 12 years old and at 75 lbs, and I'm skinny. I'm also small at height for my age. I've been eating everything that's given to me, but I understand that alone cannot improve my weight.

So. Any advice on how I can improve my weight and height?

Additional information:

I drink milk everyday

Actually. That's it. lol

15 hours ago, AniJan said:

I'm also small at height for my age.

and race?

Shit sorry I double posted below, I wanted to edit this post and add the post below. Asian people are very small. My 8 yr old son is taller then some asians. His heel hits the floor. I laugh about how my 8 year old son is taller then them. My younger daughter is taller then some too. They are average height for their race and age and sex.

I've been eating everything that's given to me, but I understand that alone cannot improve my weight.

Additional information:

I drink milk everyday

Actually. That's it. lol

You need to eat healthy, not unhealthy foods. You need to get outside and be active to gain muscle and flexibility.

I am not a doctor or a nutriutionist, so you should talk to your parents, doctor or nutritionist about your thoughts. This could deform into a problem very easily. Body image problems. You are young and at the crucial age of development. This is where problems will occur and be exaggerated later in life. You may laugh or scoff at that, others may as well, buts its the absolute truth. Puberty sets in and you gain weight, or get lots of pimples then your self esteem lowers. Its a viscous cycle.

Ask you parents to bring you to a pediatrician or an endocrinologist for a consult. You're a minor and you probably can't do intensive resistance training just yet.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

You don' need to worry about those things , at least don't need to take it "that seriously". When I was 16,17 years old, I was so thin, if now I look back I would not believe that was me. After 20 or so, I started to gain weight. My face become rounder, and just generally become more "fluffy".  If you are 12, and you want to gain weight, I think you should do some kind of sports, or exercise. And you are definitely too young to work out in the gym, and don't get into all those "who took what kind of new supplement and gain how much muscle " traps. 

Go out play basketball or soccer or any type of games will do. That's it. Unless when you see doctor the doctor actually gave you a warning, because you are under weight, you don't have to worry about it. Once you hit puberty or a certain age, for me was 20, your look and body will develop itself. Don't worry and be happy. LOL. That is an advice. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

2 hours ago, AniJan said:

So currently, I am 12 years old and at 75 lbs, and I'm skinny. I'm also small at height for my age. I've been eating everything that's given to me, but I understand that alone cannot improve my weight.

Additional information:

I drink milk everyday

Actually. That's it. lol

Take human growth hormone or something that's legal and easier to get mk677.

Nothing you can do about your height, that's genetic. Also, milk aint all that:

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

5 minutes ago, Urishima said:

Nothing you can do about your height, that's genetic. Also, milk aint all that:

Read my comment.

3 minutes ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

Read my comment.

Sure, let's fuck with the lad's hormones without knowing anything about him.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

5 hours ago, AniJan said:

Additional information:

I drink milk everyday

Actually. That's it. lol

Stop typing 'lol'.

It may not improve your health but it will make you look a lot smarter.

I don't know what part of the world you're in but if you're in a civilised part of the world, you might like to see a doctor to see what options are available to you. On the other hand, if you live in the USA, I wouldn't seek a doctor's advise as they have little interest beyond raping your (or you parents') wallet.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Okay. For reference I'm just some dumbass that burns food for a living. Besides the obvious exercise and protein diets there's things that actually influence how you grow as you grow.

The big thing is protien. The vikings were massive and won battles because as a culture they had a protein rich diet, and grew bigger as they bred.

The other thing is chicken. I'm not sure if it's still a thing, but as I was growing up, most stock was fed a protein enhanced stockfeed that was far more readily absorbed into white meat. This resulted in the average height at an old school fishing village being about 5'10" despite the previous village being about 5'6".

I was a skinny child. I ate everything I was given and didn't put on weight and I ate a lot. Thing is that you've probably got a fast metabolism which is fine, if your body doesn't think it's getting enough nutrients then it will absorb more from the food you're eating. Maybe 75 lb is the healthy weight for your body and there's no need to conform to society's expectations of how you should be, both in terms of weight and height. Don't worry, puberty will come and you'll be a striking 6ft with muscles that purple aki would want to squeeze (ooft, let's see if anyone gets that joke).

2 hours ago, Urishima said:

Sure, let's fuck with the lad's hormones without knowing anything about him.

If his father and mother or one of them is short then he'll probably be too and after he growthe plates fuse he'ol he stuck short. 

More likely to be fat from that, less dating prospects, less strength and etc.

OP if shortness is in your family get a hold of some HGH now! Those growthe plates will fuse at some point and as it stands currently you'll be short for the rest of your life.

Just now, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

If his father and mother or one of them is short then he'll probably be too and after he growthe plates fuse he'ol he stuck short. 

More likely to be fat from that, less dating prospects, less strength and etc.

OP if shortness is in your family get a hold of some HGH now! Those growthe plates will fuse at some point and as it stands currently you'll be short for the rest of your life.

I just gotta say this. If we haven't F'ed with his self esteem before, we've really done it now.

Fact is, if you were genetically predestined to be short, then there isn't much you can do. the advantage is that anyone that gives you shit about your height, a quick knee to the nuts drops their height by half.

12 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

I just gotta say this. If we haven't F'ed with his self esteem before, we've really done it now.

Fact is, if you were genetically predestined to be short, then there isn't much you can do. the advantage is that anyone that gives you shit about your height, a quick knee to the nuts drops their height by half.

If shortness is a genetic reality for him then using HGH will definitely help but ONLY before the growth plates fuse. 

Another thing what I said Is true. 

Women like taller men. 

Less tall means lower BMR means easy to get fat.

less height means less muscle and less strength and speed.

being tall is a definite advantage.

4 minutes ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

If shortness is a genetic reality for him then using HGH will definitely help but ONLY before the growth plates fuse. 

Another thing what I said Is true. 

Women like taller men. 

Less tall means lower BMR means easy to get fat.

less height means less muscle and less strength and speed.

being tall is a definite advantage.

Yeah, I spent 3 years on italian fishing boats. Being tall is not always an advantage. I'm 6'2" I have the same metabolism as the OP and spent most of my young life at 70 KG. I'm also the dumbass who went to uni for chem and physics before I became a chef.

Back in the late 90's the stockfeed included human growth hormone. which was absorbed into white meat far more than red meat (And I was thankful for the effect on breast tissue).

The only thing I can think of in all the time I've been exposed to food that has a noticeable effect on height is human growth hormone, which is why it's prescribed to people who suffer from or are predisposed to dwarfism. Anything else, I'd make sure to double check the product disclaimers.

You're 12 years old: At most you can be just starting puberty. You just need to wait for testosterone to fully kick in i.e. I grew up like almost 25 cm between age 13 and age 15. In fact most of it was between 14 and 15 even I went from being the smallest kid in school to the tallest very rapidly.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I recommend  https://www.muscleforlife.com/

First because the guy knows his stuff and won't steer you down a path that is worthless or flat out harmful for your health.  I take it by bigger you mean more muscular and stronger, and you aren't looking to do that via drugs.  Height is a combo of genetics and nutrition, so eating nutritious food can only help with that.  Also assume you are male, although info is still applicable for females. 

At 12 you still have about a year before growth hormones and what not start to kick into gear. So take any recommendations with your age in mind.  Good news is that over the next 5-6 years you will see a ton of progress provided you have the right plan and put in the work.

At the same time, if you're looking at pictures of fitness models and The Rock, please realize you will probably never reach that level because most do that via drugs or the time and effort required is more than you could reasonably afford.  So don't let the visuals reach unreasonable expectations or lead you down the path of drugs, stress or just really bad decisions. 

Well first consider that you're 12 years old. You're only beginning your adolescent days, and starting puberty. Over the years, your shoulders are going to broaden, giving you a more masculine look. Stand up straight, and stick out your chest. It will improve your posture, and make you look confident - people will notice, girls/boys will notice. Your metabolism could go in any way throughout your life, therefore, enjoy your fast metabolism, it might slow down drastically in the far future. Your height is all generic, I advise you to not worry about it. Right now you're young, so many of your peers aren't very mature, but later on in life, you'll start to see a lot of people that look pass those frivolous things. There's always going to be girls/boys that are shallow, don't let them get to you, look confident and show that it doesn't phase you. Make a statement that you're mature, you might even get them to reflect on their prejudice.

For diets, refer to the food pyramid. The best thing you could do if you're worried about an unbalanced diet is to make a habit of not drinking sodas (high corn fructose), drink plenty of fluids (water, or non-sugary) throughout the day, and eat fruit every day to get the vitamins you need.  Make sure you eat tons of protein and carbohydrates if you want to build up the fat that can turn to muscle. Having said that, due to your fast metabolism, if you plan to workout/exercise (which you should), you're going to need to do so after an hour or two after eating.

Make sure you exercise daily. It can be light stuff or more active stuff, so long as its something then you're doing it right. If you're not very athletic or sports oriented, I recommend going into track or cross country. It'll keep you fit and lean. E.I., my friend has lost 95lbs in a course of 2 months, and all he did was run 3 miles in around 35 minutes every day. 

The last thing is skin care. Your body will only be and look as healthy as you treat it. Don't touch your face, your hands carry a lot of germs and oils, touching your face too much will lead to acne you could've avoided. The best thing you could do for your skin is to wear sunscreen - make a habit of it, use a cleanser whenever you was your face (CeraVe 10$), and don't take too many or too hot showers. Hot water can and will damage your skin (make it dry, sensitive, breakouts, or etc.), steam opens up your pores, and cold water closes your pores.

You're already taking the right steps into a healthy life. Knowing is half the battle. Look into sub-reddits for more information on whatever subject you need. I recommend taking a look at r/fitness and r/skincareaddiction.

Cheers.

Additional information:

I drink milk everyday

Actually. That's it. lol

It has to be one of these two things: either you have an endocrine issue (specifically thyroid related) or you don't eat enough to gain weight. 

There's no such thing as healthy people who can't gain weight on a caloric surplus.

It's almost like some fatties who eat an immense caloric surplus and then blame it on genetics.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Damn Im a year older than you and double your weight. How tall are you right now?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Sometimes its genetic, if ure certain its not genetic, then improve your diet, eat some carbs and a good amount of fat. 

While also exercising, make sure u rack up on calcium, and Omega fish-oils also helps.

SOurce: I'm in the medical line

---UtterMayhem

Ask me About the Signature 

Spoiler

It's a new Comic Series my team and I are working on.

Here are Sneak Peaks of it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qk86iyvbp2wce6/AABFjOL1Yp2bQG7xruxuVToTa?dl=0

1 hour ago, RocketFarmer said:

I recommend  https://www.muscleforlife.com/

First because the guy knows his stuff and won't steer you down a path that is worthless or flat out harmful for your health.  I take it by bigger you mean more muscular and stronger, and you aren't looking to do that via drugs.  Height is a combo of genetics and nutrition, so eating nutritious food can only help with that.  Also assume you are male, although info is still applicable for females. 

At 12 you still have about a year before growth hormones and what not start to kick into gear. So take any recommendations with your age in mind.  Good news is that over the next 5-6 years you will see a ton of progress provided you have the right plan and put in the work.

At the same time, if you're looking at pictures of fitness models and The Rock, please realize you will probably never reach that level because most do that via drugs or the time and effort required is more than you could reasonably afford.  So don't let the visuals reach unreasonable expectations or lead you down the path of drugs, stress or just really bad decisions. 

When I was his age I was already 5'10

if he's like 5 feet now or like 5'4 (going based off weight) then it's safe to say he'll be short in which case he'll have to use HGH to get taller. 

Fat does not turn into muscle.  Calories absorbed from food, along with proteins, convert to blood sugar and amino acids that provide your cells (specifically muscle cells) the energy and substance to replicate and grow.  Since you're coming from the small side to begin with, you don't have the issue of having to lose excess fat and build muscle mass.  That means you can get into a bulk-mode of training.  When someone says "turn fat to muscle" they really mean what I just described above (at least I certainly hope so).

You're best options for developing strength, and thereby muscle mass, is compound strength training.  Talking barbell training working multiple major muscle groups (deadlift, squat, bench press, military press, etc.).  Your goal is to provide your body with enough stimulus to grow muscle.  Typically lifting three times a week for about an hour is sufficient, at least to start.  It has been recommended in the past not to start heavy resistance training until the age of 13, but I don't know if that's backed by real, current science or just bro science or outright myth.  Right now you can do body weight training, pushups, pull-ups, sit-ups, etc. with very little risk and start your journey well ahead of 95% of the other kids.  If you want to be athletic and participate in sports requiring either endurance of performance, you'll want to train that way as well.  Distance runners are generally leaner because of how they train, so if you don't want to be skinny, then that's probably not the sport you want.  High intensity interval training (HIIT) is a very good way of building performance without undoing the work you put into strength training, and you only need to do it a few times a week.  Your goal, if you want to get bigger, is to maximize your production of natural testosterone and minimize the production of cortisol.  Cortisol production can occur by over training and doing heavy cardio at the expense of strength training.  HIIT creates less risk of upping cortisol production.  It's also a good idea to split your strength training workouts from your cardio/performance workouts so as not to undo the hormonal benefits each provide (typically at least 3-4 hours between workouts).  And sufficient rest is one of the most overlooked things.  Cortisol is also triggered by stress, so keep your overall stress levels down as best your can.