Looking for a way to prove that the internet connection was not suspended for a period of 3 months like my ISP claims it was.

Hi Linus,

I'm sending this message as it is very important.

Would like to ask you if you know of a way i can pull some kind of record of my internet activity ( actually just that fact that the internet worked will be enough ) for a period of 3 months: May - July of this year.

It seems like my ISP ( Fastweb Italy ) is trying to scam my into paying over 20euro for reconnecting my internet after being disconected for 3 months .... in witch time i did USE IT.

They said it was disconected from may to jully but they just placed "the cost" in the bill this month...

Please help if you can.

I use torrnets, Skype and play a wide variety of MMO's

''Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.''
''For every idiot proof system devised, a new, improved idiot will arise to overcome it.''

Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today.

You can by law phone your ISP up and demand records for those three months, that includes all activity and every single URL visited on each month. I know a few people that ask for it every month to see what there kids are up to.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You can by law phone your ISP up and demand records for those three months, that includes all activity and every single URL visited on each month. I know a few people that ask for it every month to see what there kids are up to.

Allready tried that with no success.

At first glanse it would seem there is no low in Italy for this sort of thing.

EDIT: According to them the connection was suspended from may to july.

They can't even tell me the exact dates.

Edited by Xyed

''Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.''
''For every idiot proof system devised, a new, improved idiot will arise to overcome it.''

Why go through so much hassle over 20euro? Even you can prove, what if they deny and refer you to their legal department? Are you willing to hire a lawyer to help you with processing the mistake? If not there's pretty much nothing else you can do about it until your contract ends. 

Send an email to the websites' support you most frequent (MMO's, email, youtube, wtv) and request that any time logged on your IP be sent to you from May to July.

You probably don't have a static IP address, but at the same time, if you can prove you accessed it via a certain IP address during that time, and your ISP owns that address, well... yeah. You win.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Show them your internet history?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Send an email to the websites' support you most frequent (MMO's, email, youtube, wtv) and request that any time logged on your IP be sent to you from May to July.

You probably don't have a static IP address, but at the same time, if you can prove you accessed it via a certain IP address during that time, and your ISP owns that address, well... yeah. You win.

CCP should be able to help me with that.

And yes i do have a static IP ( allways demand it ).

Will give it a try.

Show them your internet history?

That would only prove that he accessed the internet. Not that he did so through their services.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hi Linus,

I'm sending this message as it is very important.

Would like to ask you if you know of a way i can pull some kind of record of my internet activity ( actually just that fact that the internet worked will be enough ) for a period of 3 months: May - July of this year.

It seems like my ISP ( Fastweb Italy ) is trying to scam my into paying over 20euro for reconnecting my internet after being disconected for 3 months .... in witch time i did USE IT.

They said it was disconected from may to jully but they just placed "the cost" in the bill this month...

Please help if you can.

I use torrnets, Skype and play a wide variety of MMO's

Did you get billed for those 3 months? I wouldn't worry over 20 euro as it seems like more hassle than it is worth.