Some Serverside stuff

Blarg21

So I got a question for all yall web programmers and server programmers. I am trying to make a website that offers a person the ability to start a server for X game within a gaming group. I have 3 Dell poweredge r610's running Proxmox VE. I have yet to figure out how to write a specific code be it a chron job or javascript or what not that would tell my servers to create a LXC with x game x server and spit out an address along with doing the appropriate port forwarding. Any help would be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Blarg21 said:

I am trying to make a website that offers a person the ability to start a server for X game

Bad Idea. 

Your don't have great uptime, your ISP will complain if you start making money from this. 

For the question, there are scripting guides online https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_API

Id make a template for each game you were hosting, have it make a container or vm when needed, and then power off when idle. You can have it fetch a hostname and get a config file from a local http server.

My ISP doesn't really have room to complain since im paying them 300 a month for their business fibre

How I would personally do it is by either a mysql database and some sort of application that can react to the database as well as the server side or have a set of batch or shell scripts that you can utilise in php to setup a server by copying ready made game server files and modifying them however you need. You would also need to setup permissions properly for these game servers. I'd do this over a virtual environment if it's just for game servers.