NVIDIA 780 GHz Edition

MrSuperb

NVIDIA 780 GHz Edition

For those who thought the 780Ti is only a higher clocked 780, wrong you are.

The so called GTX 780 GHz (Edition) is based on B1 revision of GK110-300 GPU. This is more efficient variant of A1 stepping, clocked at 1006/1046 MHz. The new GPU is said to provide better overclocking potential and, at the same time, lower power consumption.

source: http://videocardz.com/47420/nvidia-updates-geforce-gtx-780-ghz-edition

I am sorry R9 290x, but you are only faster in synthetics:

(Note on the left side ist the 780 GHz edition, although it says R9 290x)

aXPPsHf.png

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | ASUS STRIX 970 | MSI Z77A-G43 | 16GB Corsair Vengenace 1600Mhz | 128GB/256GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2x 240GB Intel 335 Series | 1TB WD Black | Corsair 650TX | CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced (Ghost White) | Win 10 Pro

Interesting...........

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Heh. This is fun. But I'm running out of patience with "waiting for whatever has just been announced". Never actually end up buying anything because just as I'm half-cocking my wallet something pops out like a rabbit out of a hat. Release shit at once, damnit.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Wow really nivida 780 ti now 780 ghz edition and they also stole the ghz edition name from AMD which is not a smart move.

Can't wait until this is official, is it only me or is this gpu war going to crazy I don't even know what to buy.

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Maybe it's because it's late, but I don't understand the chart you put in there at all. Why do both columns say 290X and have different numbers?

Nevermind.

Maybe it's because it's late, but I don't understand the chart you put in there at all. Why do both columns say 290X and have different numbers?

The left one is the 780 GHz Edition ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Wow really nivida 780 ti now 780 ghz edition and they also stole the ghz edition name from AMD which is not a smart move.

Can't wait until this is official, is it only me or is this gpu war going to crazy I don't even know what to buy.

it is the 780ti the op is just calling it ghz edition cause essentially thats what it is however i think those benches are fake.. the 780ti is supposedly only gonna have 3gb vram not 4 like that chart says

Edit: my mistake they are seperate cards, interesting 

$600 Price Point i assume? Temperatures & Fan Speed on that behemoth cooler looks extremely promising

gtx 780ti or gtfo
ghz edition is just lower power and faster clocks and thats it, not worth it

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

*gasp* A difference of 5 ~ 10 FPS? That's amazing! Notice my sarcasm? 

Oh+my+god+You+re+right+1+any+sized+drink

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Isn't videocardz.com that dodgy website that reports rumours? Or is that a different one, I can't remember.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

It almost looks like were seeing the 1Q 800 series rebrand/refresh sooner than everybody thought? maybe nvidia underestimated amds big chip and are worried about custom pcb 290x. Good Job amd.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Great but... most of 780 owners are already playing at 1.1 or 1.2 Ghz.... This is what I meant everytime I've recommend a 780 or 780SC over a R290x, in performance is better than 290X, it simply overclock much better.

I own 2 780SC and both are running at 1200mhz core speed.

Isn't videocardz.com that dodgy website that reports rumours? Or is that a different one, I can't remember.

The dodgy site that posts rumors that for some reason everyone believes even though there is zero proof. You'd think the "leaked slide" for the 290x would be proof enough of them not being trustworthy, not to mention them covering their ass by claiming a delay happened.

It almost looks like were seeing the 1Q 800 series rebrand/refresh sooner than everybody thought? maybe nvidia underestimated amds big chip and are worried about custom pcb 290x. Good Job amd.

Nvidia, worried? Funny guy.

Even if it is an early 800 series, doesn't the mere fact that Nvidia can release it so early prove that AMD is way behind the curve? Don't get me wrong, I want AMD to be competitive so us end users can benefit, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Wasn't that GPUBoss.Com?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

wccftech is the dodgy/shady one

The card is coming on November 7, so keep your pants on and just wait for proper benchmarks.
I wouldn't trust a chart that literally compares an R9 290X to an R9 290X.