NVIDIA 780 GHz Edition

MrSuperb

Lol, Nvidia isn't even trying.

Doesn't have to, AMD cannot threaten them.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

So they are just cherry picked 780's.

I wonder how much that'll cost then.

Everyone remembers 9590 right?

$550 vs $700. Take your fanboyism outside where it belongs.

Only after the recent price drop the 780 is cheaper than the R9 290x ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Damnit, this forum software shows quotes from people I have on my ignore list :(

This isn't something from nvidia, it's from the card manufacturer right?

Was wondering that myself... I would guess it's from Nvidia.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Is this the same thing? 2880 Core'd GK110 Geforce GTX leaked...

http://wccftech.com/gtx-780-ti-specifications-leaked-full-blown-gk110-core-2880-sp/#ixzz2jFF5pcvz

gtx-780-ti-specifications.jpg

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

There is no such thing as a 780 Ghz, these "leaked" benches are referring to the 780 Ti.

It can either have 3GB or 6GB due to the nature of its 384bit memory buss.

Maxwell is NOT coming in Q1 of next year unless it's 28nm based, which it's not.

The earliest 20nm GPUs from both Nvidia and AMD are coming either in late Q3 or in Q4 that's when TSMC will have high-performance 20nm production ready.

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/32578-20nm-high-performance-chips-in-2h-2014

To compensate for the increase of RAM without an increase in bus size however the memory would need to literally be double the speeds

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Whatnow? Have you not heard of the 780 price drops? http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=136

We're not talking about a normal 780 in this context, he's complaining that we aren't impressed by a 5 FPS improvement for an additional $200 when we ARE impressed by a 10 FPS improvement over stock from a card that was, at the time, $100 less. 

*gasp* A difference of 5 ~ 10 FPS? That's amazing! Notice my sarcasm? 

It's only amazing when the R9 290x is beating the 780 right? ;)
$550 vs $700. Take your fanboyism outside where it belongs.
Whatnow? Have you not heard of the 780 price drops? http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=136
We're not talking about a normal 780 in this context, he's complaining that we aren't impressed by a 5 FPS improvement for an additional $200 when we ARE impressed by a 10 FPS improvement over stock from a card that was, at the time, $100 less.

Not how I saw it, you replied to a comparison between the GTX 780 and the R9-290X.

Either way, seeing as the R9-290X can't really overclock, I would argue that AMD more or less has done the overclocking for you. Either that, or I would say that the normal thing to do is underclocking the cards from factory and AMD figured they wouldn't, as they needed the extra performance. Once the GTX 780 was overclocked, it beat the R9-290X (both cards at max stable overclock)

Well the 780ti is also going to be more money. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Not how I saw it, you replied to a comparison between the GTX 780 and the R9-290X.

Either way, seeing as the R9-290X can't really overclock, I would argue that AMD more or less has done the overclocking for you. Either that, or I would say that the normal thing to do is underclocking the cards from factory and AMD figured they wouldn't, as they needed the extra performance. Once the GTX 780 was overclocked, it beat the R9-290X (both cards at max stable overclock)

I really don't see how you can read that thread and not see how he's complaining about someone finding it unimpresssive that a card that costs significantly more for a few FPS compared to a card that cost less (at launch). the 290x CAN overclock, I'm sitting next to one that is running at 1100 mhz before I put the waterblock on it, Linus' didn't overclock well but that doesn't mean that no 290xs can overclock. And yes, AMD did the overclocking for you just as much as Nvidia does with GPU boost. 

I really don't see how you can read that thread and not see how he's complaining about someone finding it unimpresssive that a card that costs significantly more for a few FPS compared to a card that cost less (at launch). the 290x CAN overclock, I'm sitting next to one that is running at 1100 mhz before I put the waterblock on it, Linus' didn't overclock well but that doesn't mean that no 290xs can overclock. And yes, AMD did the overclocking for you just as much as Nvidia does with GPU boost. 

Huh, how does it cost significantly more?

The R9 290x is listet for $549.

The price for the GTX 780 GHz is supposed to be $599.

If found a 780 for 350€ (about $400 before tax).

I am not buthurt. I just found it amusing, that someone complains in a Nvidia thread, that a Nvidia card is only slighty faster than a comparable priced amd, but on the other hand every amd fan prays that the R9 290x is so much better than anything Nvidia has to offer.

You are the one with the 'problem' (aka. R9 290x). Show me a video of your R9 290x running a game for half an hour @1100MHz and not throttling down.

'At that time'. The R9 290x wasn't even released ...

I ALWAYS said (for weeks now), that Nvidia will lower their prices to match the price/performance of AMD and that's what they did.

I am not saying that the R9 series is bad, but it certainly isn't such an 'incredible' deal that many posters here are praising it to be.

Huh, how does it cost significantly more?

The R9 290x is listet for $549.

The price for the GTX 780 GHz is supposed to be $599.

If found a 780 for 350€ (about $400 before tax).

I am not buthurt. I just found it amusing, that someone complains in a Nvidia thread, that a Nvidia card is only slighty faster than a comparable priced amd, but on the other hand every amd fan prays that the R9 290x is so much better than anything Nvidia has to offer.

You are the one with the 'problem' (aka. R9 290x). Show me a video of your R9 290x running a game for half an hour @1100MHz and not throttling down.

post-10620-0-54893900-1383256555.png 

This is midway through my third run of Heaven Benchmark. It's throttled down twice during all 3 of those runs, never below 1000. 

'At that time'. The R9 290x wasn't even released ...

I ALWAYS said (for weeks now), that Nvidia will lower their prices to match the price/performance of AMD and that's what they did.

I am not saying that the R9 series is bad, but it certainly isn't such an 'incredible' deal that many posters here are praising it to be.

The 290x was released last week, at the time of it's release the 780 was still $650

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

This is midway through my third run of Heaven Benchmark. It's throttled down twice during all 3 of those runs, never below 1000. 

Have you really paired an AMD CPU with such a beast of a GPU?

Dat bottleneck.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Have you really paired an AMD CPU with such a beast of a GPU?

Dat bottleneck.

Yeah an 8350 doesn't bottleneck a 290x. 

Yeah an 8350 doesn't bottleneck a 290x. 

It does, Radeon cards need a fast single thread (intel). It depends on the game tho. Games that dont require CPU power (Battlefield 4 singleplayer, Tomb raider, most single player games) - no bottlenecks.

But when you get to the multiplayer, GeForce cards have much higher framerates due to smaller CPU load from the GPU drivers (multithreaded Nvidia drivers make use of more but slower cores).