NVIDIA 780 GHz Edition

MrSuperb

My 780 has been running at 1.2Ghz since I got it. This is lame NV.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Wasn't that GPUBoss.Com?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Doesn't sound like the one I'm thinking of.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

wccftech is the dodgy/shady one

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Nvidia, worried? Funny guy.

Even if it is an early 800 series, doesn't the mere fact that Nvidia can release it so early prove that AMD is way behind the curve? Don't get me wrong, I want AMD to be competitive so us end users can benefit, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

800 series supposed to be maxwell. nvidia will want maxwell next year there is no rush to release an 8 series. the 7 series can go toe to to with the R9 stuff from AMD they can easily wait it out 6 months till their new stuff is ready

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

It almost looks like were seeing the 1Q 800 series rebrand/refresh sooner than everybody thought? maybe nvidia underestimated amds big chip and are worried about custom pcb 290x. Good Job amd.

The 7xx series is the rebrand one. 8xx is supposed to be new aka. Maxwell.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

It seems like they'll be sticking with 3GB... that really sucks 4GB should really be the standard for flagship level cards.

It seems like they'll be sticking with 3GB... that really sucks 4GB should really be the standard for flagship level cards.

Nobody really knows yet how much memory the 780Ti will get ;)

I was actually referring to the 780 GHz, but I really hope the Ti gets at least 4GB.

Don't you think that the chart shown is more likely to be none ref 290x vs ref 290x? Since all the other charts have to correct details including 3gb of ram for the 780 ghz? Plus the memory clock speeds are 1250 which is amd. Maybe a mix up. Still interesting though.

NZXT Phantom, i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz, Noctua NH-C-14, ASUS P8Z77-V

EVGA 780 Classy, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz

120GB SSD, 2x 1TB WD Black (RAID 0), CM Silent Pro 700W, Win 7 Pro 64 Bit.

any word on when the ghz edition will be released? 

Oh bloody hell not another 780 variant. What they needed to do in my opinion was cut the price of the 770 to match the R9 280X and then release something like a 770ti at the original price of the 770 to fill in the performance and price gap between 780 and the original 770. Its all good and well being the high end performance king but not when they completely ignore their mid range line up to achieve that.   

Yeah, that chart looks kinda dodgy. 780ghz and the left one is not a 290x but a 780"ghz". I think I'm going to wait for some more reliable sources to come out with a benchmark :D

I have a GT 520 GHz edition

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Heh. This is fun. But I'm running out of patience with "waiting for whatever has just been announced". Never actually end up buying anything because just as I'm half-cocking my wallet something pops out like a rabbit out of a hat. Release shit at once, damnit.

You should plan your upgrade cycle so that you get a brand spanking new card when Star Citizen gives early access to a something where FPS matters ;)

I was actually referring to the 780 GHz, but I really hope the Ti gets at least 4GB.

There is no such thing as a 780 Ghz, these "leaked" benches are referring to the 780 Ti.

It can either have 3GB or 6GB due to the nature of its 384bit memory buss.

Maxwell is NOT coming in Q1 of next year unless it's 28nm based, which it's not.

The earliest 20nm GPUs from both Nvidia and AMD are coming either in late Q3 or in Q4 that's when TSMC will have high-performance 20nm production ready.

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/32578-20nm-high-performance-chips-in-2h-2014

There is no such thing as a 780 Ghz, these "leaked" benches are referring to the 780 Ti.

Have you followed the link?

I just did now, all I can think about right now is how stupid this is, we already have custom cooled and factory overclocked 780s, this isn't any different.

read again:

The so called GTX 780 GHz (Edition) is based on B1 revision of GK110-300 GPU. This is more efficient variant of A1 stepping, clocked at 1006/1046 MHz. The new GPU is said to provide better overclocking potential and, at the same time, lower power consumption.

This is not an entirely new card, but rather a chip that is supposed to be a better overclocker i.e. like the 7970 GHz Edition ;)

This might very well seen only as a 'reaction' on the R9 290x which comes already clocked higher from the factory.

The only real 'new' card is the 780 Ti which should arrive next week.

Nvidia, worried? Funny guy.

Even if it is an early 800 series, doesn't the mere fact that Nvidia can release it so early prove that AMD is way behind the curve? Don't get me wrong, I want AMD to be competitive so us end users can benefit, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I don't for one second believe that nvidia is so far ahead of amd that they have god tier gpu tech just sitting in cold storage, if they do then I would be quite displeased and disappointed that they aren't available. Something like that is not only anti-competitive but it's anti-consumer. I do however believe there is a lot of untapped potential in 290x that board partners will be able to let loose that will move the 290x from a 780 competitor to a 780ti/870 competitor not to mention 10%ish performance that will come from diver updates which is why I said it probably has them (a little) worried. All an early release proves is that 800 series was a rebrand in waiting just like most of the 600 and 700 was with a new top tier gpu.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

The 7xx series is the rebrand one. 8xx is supposed to be new aka. Maxwell.

Nvidia haven't announced anything 800 series to my knowledge so how do you know the whole 800 series is maxwell? I understand leaks and whatever but how many rumors that are this far ahead of the estimated release are actually accurate. 

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Lol, Nvidia isn't even trying.

if only they would :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It's only amazing when the R9 290x is beating the 780 right? ;)

$550 vs $700. Take your fanboyism outside where it belongs. 

read again:

This is not an entirely new card, but rather a chip that is supposed to be a better overclocker i.e. like the 7970 GHz Edition ;)

This might very well seen only as a 'reaction' on the R9 290x which comes already clocked higher from the factory.

The only real 'new' card is the 780 Ti which should arrive next week.

So they are just cherry picked 780's.

I wonder how much that'll cost then.

This isn't something from nvidia, it's from the card manufacturer right?