Unigine heaven Showcased On the LTT Channel is fake

RadiatingLight

at 7 minutes in Linus's alienware laptop review you can see that the benchmark is a paused video. this could be misleading if Linus is reviewing a laptop that can't run unigine heaven.

What do you guys think?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

whys it matter. and the laptop can run heaven fine so why bother.

The geek himself.

8 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

at 7 minutes in Linus's alienware laptop review you can see that the benchmark is a paused video. this could be misleading if Linus is reviewing a laptop that can't run unigine heaven.

What do you guys think?

maybe it's the desktop wallpaper

They were probably filming for more than an hour, and didn't want to have it plugged in for aesthetics purposes.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

maybe it's the desktop wallpaper

at 5:50ish you can see its got a different wallpaper, unless they changed it mid recording.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

at 5:50ish you can see its got a different wallpaper, unless they changed it mid recording.

Win 10 can switch between wallpapers

27 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Win 10 can switch between wallpapers

yeah but it was in a video player

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Why does it need to be running heaven while he is talking about it? Preparing the set probably takes 15-30 minutes and then he has to actually film the video which means you are looking at easily an hour that the laptop is running. There are very few laptops that can run heaven for more than an hour on battery. Additionally, the fans ramping up could cause a bit of background noise. The laptop can clearly run heaven, they probably didn't think it was all that important to be actually running it when linus is standing there talking

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

My guess is that it's about sound.  In my experiences running sound on set, you want to minimize all ambient sound possible.  You would be surprised what your microphones can pick up.  I've been on honest to god sound stages in Canada in December and we can't run the heat, why?  It causes the metal to 'pop' and 'crack' as it expands and contracts from temperature change in the radiators 30 feet above us.  So the heat would be turned off an hour before filming to ensure it cooled off entirely.  Filming in the home?  You're usually unplugging everything.  Even the fridge.  No joke, in fact a common trick is to put your car keys in the freezer so that you don't leave somebody's home without remembering to plug the appliances back in.

A laptop running a benchmark full tilt would run the fan up pretty loud and it'd give you more noise to deal with in sound editing.  It makes sense to run the laptop when it's only serving as a 'prop' next to Linus while he talks as idle as possible and a pre-recorded benchmark video would put a little load on the GPU's hardware decoder and not much else.

...I do not miss working on set.  I like my office job in post production. :)  And don't I look so happy freezing my butt off?

1424579_10152073110344292_688967563_n.jpg

55 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

My guess is that it's about sound.  In my experiences running sound on set, you want to minimize all ambient sound possible.  You would be surprised what your microphones can pick up.  I've been on honest to god sound stages in Canada in December and we can't run the heat, why?  It causes the metal to 'pop' and 'crack' as it expands and contracts from temperature change in the radiators 30 feet above us.  So the heat would be turned off an hour before filming to ensure it cooled off entirely.  Filming in the home?  You're usually unplugging everything.  Even the fridge.  No joke, in fact a common trick is to put your car keys in the freezer so that you don't leave somebody's home without remembering to plug the appliances back in.

A laptop running a benchmark full tilt would run the fan up pretty loud and it'd give you more noise to deal with in sound editing.  It makes sense to run the laptop when it's only serving as a 'prop' next to Linus while he talks as idle as possible and a pre-recorded benchmark video would put a little load on the GPU's hardware decoder and not much else.

...I do not miss working on set.  I like my office job in post production. :)  And don't I look so happy freezing my butt off?

1424579_10152073110344292_688967563_n.jpg

Nailed it. 

Gaming laptops are generally not quiet enough to have actually running a benchmark on the table without interfering with audio. 

Im more surprised no one noticed my hair changed and I aged 7 days in the shots where the benchmark is not running. Those were done today and the rest of the video was shot last week (long story)

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

You don't look happy but you look nice and cozy wrapped up in that cute Hello Kitty blanket.  ?

2 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Nailed it. 

Gaming laptops are generally not quiet enough to have actually running a benchmark on the table without interfering with audio. 

Im more surprised no one noticed my hair changed and I aged 7 days in the shots where the benchmark is not running. Those were done today and the rest of the video was shot last week (long story)

I actually never thought about the noise they would make. Even my laptop (which is running an i5 5200U) is loud under full load, let alone a beast like that.

The pool is closed

32 minutes ago, MegaXLR said:

I actually never thought about the noise they would make. Even my laptop (which is running an i5 5200U) is loud under full load, let alone a beast like that.

You don't want to know how loud my old Sager laptop is simply being on...  Worse: it seems the fans are at just the right frequency to have a nails on a chalkboard effect on my ears.  I hate it.  (The noise.) Thankfully I only use it for schoolwork and my much quieter main desktop for daily use along with my wonderfully silent iPad.  

STOP THE PRESS!!!! LINUS PAUSED BENCHMARK BECAUSE LAPTOP CAN'T RUN IT!!!!!

Who cares? It could be running demo mode in the background for all it matters. If anything, running video/benchmark on screen while talking is about showcasing screen, nit the performance. There's reason why benchmarks are presented as graphs, they tell much more than some pre-rendered video playing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Nailed it. 

Gosh, it's almost like you basically make some kind of television show or something and you have to employ 'The Magic Of Television' at times. :)