Budget Gold Build -- Under $500 USD

DeDra

I'm looking to do a gold build; I call it Royalty. I tried to keep it under $500 USD, while still making sure it looks at least half decent and performs okay. My main focus was not performance, but more for show for cheap, so some of the part choices may seem odd (but not so odd that they are bad choices). Without further ado, here's the list; https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PYbzhq

If you have any questions or comments, feel free! 

EDIT: Please make sure you understand that the purpose of this build (as previously stated) is not to perform well for the money, but more for cosmetics and some minor performance before commenting

Comic Sans is the best font.

Bad powersupplly

Why 550ti

3 minutes ago, DeDra said:

I'm looking to do a gold build; I call it Royalty. I tried to keep it under $500 USD, while still making sure it looks at least half decent and performs okay. My main focus was not performance, but more for show for cheap, so some of the part choices may seem odd (but not so odd that they are bad choices). Without further ado, here's the list; https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PYbzhq

A $12 480W PSU. I'm impressed.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

GTX 550TI? WHAT YEAR IS IT 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Why 550ti

I chose the 550ti because it's one of the cheapest gaming gpus that are gold.

1 minute ago, DeDra said:

why not get a GTX 750TI, or get a GTX 1050TI and paint it. would be the same price. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

2 minutes ago, DeDra said:

41b2b3jNvWL.jpg958c0ed919a666f4f7628b8e7db9918a.1600.jpg

I am color blind apparantly

1 hour ago, DeDra said:

660ti

r7 270

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Okay, we know you want a gold build but...to be honest, doing this would not be good for your money.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

why not get a GTX 750TI, or get a GTX 1050TI and paint it. would be the same price. 

I might consider this in the future, although I'm not one to lean towards voiding warranties.

DUDE better off not having a gpu at all then

Get a used EVGA GTX 770 for the same price. Still not worth it but wayyyy better than the 550 ti. Image result for evga 770 sc

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

2 minutes ago, Vercii said:

Okay, we know you want a gold build but...to be honest, doing this would not be good for your money.

As previously stated, this is not as much for performance, as much as it is for show. There probably are better options, I am aware.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

41b2b3jNvWL.jpg958c0ed919a666f4f7628b8e7db9918a.1600.jpg

I am color blind apparantly

In this case, the motherboard is horizontal, so the front facing, golden writing would be visible.

15 minutes ago, DeDra said:

definitely won't feel like royalty once that power supply blows up and kills $500 worth of components. seriously, just go with a normal build.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

that's more orange than gold

I'm not sure. The 19.99 shipping may not fit in the budget. ;)

So are you actually building a $500 gaming PC? your budget isn't high enough to care about asthetics, for me when you hit about $10K you can care about aesthetics

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

So are you actually building a $500 gaming PC? your budget isn't high enough to care about asthetics, for me when you hit about $10K you can care about aesthetics

It was more of an experimental build; it's still in planning. I might not even end up building it. It was mainly to see what I could do in that price range, and I wanted to see what people thought. 

21 minutes ago, DeDra said:

I can overlook all of the bizarre, questionable part choices except for this one:

Logisys PSUs do not belong in computers, period. They are arson boxes, Chinese firecrackers, spark plugs, whatever you want to call them, just don't call them power supplies, and absolutely do not put one in your system.

Unless, of course, your end goal here is to throw some loose papers around and on top of your PC, set it below a curtain, turn on Prime95 and walk away, then return to your insurance settlement in the morning.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

I can overlook all of the bizarre, questionable part choices except for this one:

Logitech PSUs do not belong in computers, period. They are arson boxes, Chinese firecrackers, spark plugs, whatever you want to call them, just don't call them power supplies, and absolutely do not put one in your system.

Unless, of course, your end goal here is to throw some loose papers around and on top of your PC, set it below a curtain, turn on Prime95 and walk away, then return to your insurance settlement in the morning.

Noted.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Logitech PSUs do not belong in computers, period. They are arson boxes, Chinese firecrackers, spark plugs, whatever you want to call them, just don't call them power supplies, and absolutely do not put one in your system.

Logitech? Wait they make PSU now?

Noted.

I was thinking Logisys and wrote Logitech in my post. Fixed. I don't think Logitech makes PSUs, but if they did, they'd almost certainly be better and safer than Logisys units.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.