Smartphone's save lives (Bullet stoppers)

yorky321

Today a gas station clerks life was saved by his HTC Smartphone when a robber demanded that he open the safe behind him but the clerk was unsuccessful. The Robber then fired a bullet at his abdomen, hitting the clerks phone instead. The attacker then fled the scene. 

FICmDvn.jpg

ZPpripm.jpg

Original article can be found here http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/23812165/fla-police-cellphone-stops-bullet-fired-by-robber

(I did a search before posting I dont believe it has been posted before if so feel free to delete and I apologize  :P )

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

Just like that Nokia :D

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Nah a Nokia would have destoryed the bullet without even one atom of the Nokia getting any damage.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

No, if that was a Nokia. The bullet would have reflected to the attacker and killing the attacker himself. :D

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I saw this on reddit earlier, it is pretty crazy, kind of reminds me of how the old laptops used to do almost the exact same thing. Screw Kevlar give me a 2003 thinkpad and some duct tape and im set.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I saw this on reddit earlier, it is pretty crazy, kind of reminds me of how the old laptops used to do almost the exact same thing. Screw Kevlar give me a 2003 thinkpad and some duct tape and im set.

Maybe the US can cut some costs now lol

Nah a Nokia would have destoryed the bullet without even one atom of the Nokia getting any damage.

No, if that was a Nokia. The bullet would have reflected to the attacker and killing the attacker himself. :D

I was actually talking about this :P but fair enough ; let's try and see an iPhone take a Bow + Arrow let alone a bullet....

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Maybe the US can cut some costs now lol

pssh have you seen our government? We will nearly strap the laptops to the vests. Cause murica

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

That is a hTC EVO 3D. This is why everyone should use hTC. It saves lives.

20130420T113014.png

Asus Acer Gigabyte MSI ASRock hTC Benq Avermedia D-link Thermaltake ADATA VIA  Foxconn LITE-ON ECS RiTek Realtek TSMC Transcend Quanta Enermax Ducky In-Win SilverStone G.SKILL Cooler Master QNAP Sea Sonic

What do these companies have in common?

They are all from Taiwan and Awesome!

Luckly it hit the battery, if it had not, this article may be a darker one

Paintball meet up KD 7(8?)/1 + one capture 

dat duckface doe 

That clerk is very very lucky. Surprised the bullet didn't fragment and cause more significant damage.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

OK this is WEIRD

i was just remembering an hour ago about that guy like some years ago who got hit by a stray bullet and he had an htc phone in his jacket pocket

it was a red HTC phone a believe and it stopped it

and now this was posted

what are the odds

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

OK this is WEIRD

i was just remembering an hour ago about that guy like some years ago who got hit by a stray bullet and he had an htc phone in his jacket pocket

it was a red HTC phone a believe and it stopped it

and now this was posted

what are the odds

There's over 7 billion people in the world.

Most have tens of thousands of thoughts every day.

Odds are probably high.

tumblr_static_dwight-k-schrute.jpg

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Batteries are extremely good for stopping bullets, and it has happened before, notably laptop batteries. It was also on Mythbusters ages ago.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I guess the shooter was quite far away otherwise the bullet would've gone straight through.

144Hz goodness

Batteries are extremely good for stopping bullets, and it has happened before, notably laptop batteries. It was also on Mythbusters ages ago.

a battery suit... stops bullets and charges your devices while your on the go. :P

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Wow that phone is pretty strong in absorbing that much force. Great that this phone has saved a person's life. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I guess that phone was useful for something after all :P.

You're too damn fast. -,-

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

You're too damn fast. -,-

You know what's even better? It turned into a nuclear when it reflected because the Nokia's phone screen saver was Chuck Norris.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

You know what's even better? It turned into a nuclear when it reflected because the Nokia's phone screen saver was Chuck Norris.

Hahaha. Good one bro. Chuck Norris on a Black&Green screen :D

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

This isn't the first time an HTC phone stopped a bullet. A few years ago, the HTC Incredible saved a guy's life too.