Is there a way to connect my home desktop PC directly to ethernet cable, while still having wifi around the house?

a2242364
Just now, a2242364 said:

router is connected to my pc via ethernet cable. i will upload some pics in a second. not sure how useful it will be, but worth a shot.

try firefox, chrome sometimes doesnt respond well

Just now, ArkTheYO said:

try firefox, chrome sometimes doesnt respond well

dont have firefox, but IE doesn't work either.

Just now, a2242364 said:

dont have firefox, but IE doesn't work either.

firefox i have had a Dlink wireless router two months back it wouldnt connect when through chrome, but firefox worked fine, download and try , it that doesnt work then go to cmd type ipcongif and check for default gateway and IPv4 address and i am assuming that your router in no way is connected to your modem 

2 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

firefox i have had a Dlink wireless router two months back it wouldnt connect when through chrome, but firefox worked fine, download and try , it that doesnt work then go to cmd type ipcongif and check for default gateway and IPv4 address and i am assuming that your router in no way is connected to your modem 

downloading firefox now. I uploaded some pics: http://imgur.com/a/re7jf

edit: firefox doesn't work either.

2 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

Ah appears to be a cable connection , setup is all perfect check on firefox and then tell!

yeah firefox doesn't work either. not sure why .. Also, if upgrading firmware doesn't fix the issue, is buying a new router my final option?

2 minutes ago, a2242364 said:

yeah firefox doesn't work either. not sure why .. Also, if upgrading firmware doesn't fix the issue, is buying a new router my final option?

ok i have one more solution, this should work, press the reset button on your router which should probabaly be at the bottom, then disconnect your router from the 'modem', then connect your router only to you pc via ethernet cable , then enter 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 over on the firefox once the router is up and running, if the login screen appears, good the next step ill tell you if the above works, if this doesnt work ur router is messed up then

Try rebooting your PC.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

14 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

ok i have one more solution, this should work, press the reset button on your router which should probabaly be at the bottom, then disconnect your router from the 'modem', then connect your router only to you pc via ethernet cable , then enter 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 over on the firefox once the router is up and running, if the login screen appears, good the next step ill tell you if the above works, if this doesnt work ur router is messed up then

Okay sweet, resetting router fixed it. Now where exactly do I download the proper firmware? it keeps saying I have the improper file or something when I try to upload firmware. dlink website only has firmware for revisions A H and D. I have revision C lol..

Just now, a2242364 said:

Okay sweet, resetting router fixed it. Now where exactly do I download the proper firmware? it keeps saying I have the improper file or something when I try to upload firmware.

select the correct hardware version and then download the firmware from dlink's website http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/product/dir-615-wireless-n-300-router

Just now, a2242364 said:

yeah i still get some random disconnects and packet loss. i guess i need to get a new router?

The TP-Link Archer C7 is a solid pick.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

On 12/4/2016 at 2:50 AM, a2242364 said:

yeah i still get some random disconnects and packet loss. i guess i need to get a new router?

Yup i guess thats the only choice!