Yet another "does WiFi cause cancer" thread

Cs342

So my mom has insisted that we disable the wireless capabilities on one of our two routers because they emit "too much radiation". Is this a legitimate health concern or just a myth? Multiple online sources seem to differ in their opinions, so I just want to get thoughts from the enthusiast community.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Ask your mom if she was ever dropped on her head and if someone ever told her to never listen to things on Fox news or the internet.

You should also ask if you can take away her mobile phone and remove the microwave from the house if you have one. We live in a world where many of the things that we take for granted give off varying amounts of radiation.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Well, it might, but then everything gives you cancer. The food you eat is slowly poisoning you, the oxygen you inhale is killing you.

You should also ask if you can take away her mobile phone and remove the microwave from the house if you have one. We live in a world where many of the things that we take for granted give off varying amounts of radiation.

To add to that: different amounts AND different kinds or radiation (or radiation with varying wavelengths)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

It's less dangerous than things like microwaves and refrigerators

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Do you have cancer from your microwave? or getting an x-ray? Wi-fi probably give you as much radiation in 1 year as you would get in one x-ray

Source: My own BS.

Also, you might as well just leave the universe because there is radiation ERRYWARE

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Do you have cancer from your microwave? or getting an x-ray? Wi-fi probably give you as much radiation in 1 year as you would get in one x-ray

Also, you might as well just leave the universe because there is radiation ERRYWARE

yet another victim to sensationalized media. 

because I know damn sure she didn't read that. #1 trollmom 

Error: 410

welcome back :D how was the vacation? 

back to topic- simply another wavelength. light is a wavelength. your remote control gives off infrared wavelength, microwaves, phones, THE SUN, earth, nuclear plants, PEOPLE, etc...

tell her wifi is a necessity

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

"I saw on Fox News that wifi causes cancer!!! disable our routers!"

-Sent from my iPhone

Spoiler

also, just radiation doesnt cause cancer. Cancer is a mutation of cells usually caused by just genetics. Mutation is normal, cancer is just a particularly bad one.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

So my mom has insisted that we disable the wireless capabilities on one of our two routers because they emit "too much radiation". Is this a legitimate health concern or just a myth? Multiple online sources seem to differ in their opinions, so I just want to get thoughts from the enthusiast community.

My mum once pulled the plug on my computer as she thought that the blue fan was emitting radiation and she was saving my life 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Whoot! You're back!

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Ask her if the doctor that told her that looked like this:

white-duck-water.jpg

(Quack doctor)

She uses a mobile phone, right? If yes, she is holding a vastly more powerful microwave emitter right by her head whenever she makes a call, and is keeping it near her abdomen the rest of the time.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Tell your mother not to use phones, computer,  microwave, TV, radio, lamp. Might as well live in a cave.

Light bulbs emit radiation.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Well it seems like my router won't be causing us any problems then :) I'd like to ask something out of my own curiosity now: Do phones emit radiation even when not receiving calls since they have to constantly search for signals, text messages, WiFi networks etc?

You get exposed to way more radiation by just standing outside. If anything your epidermal layers of skin absorb that small amount of radiation, which gets converted to heat(This is why people sunburn(you are cooking the outer layers of your skin)). It is such a minute amount though, and plus people shed their outer layers of skin, which are dead anyway. 

Source: Me, Mechanical Engineer Student, Amateur Radio Licensed,

If you want to experience radiation that hurts, just touch a live antenna that is transmitting a signal (RF Burn).

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Well it seems like my router won't be causing us any problems then :) I'd like to ask something out of my own curiosity now: Do phones emit radiation even when not receiving calls since they have to constantly search for signals, text messages, WiFi networks etc?

Yes, they "ping" back cell towers on near microwave frequencies, although the output power is minuscule.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Yes, they "ping" back cell towers on near microwave frequencies, although the output power is minuscule.

So thee is no harm leaving your cell phone in your pocket?