Do you guys trust this?

Jack02

refurbished

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

A refurbished keyboard from newegg?

What's not to trust? more than likely its just an open box that never had anything wrong in the first place or a return from someone that didn't want it in the end.

Either way, if you're getting if from newegg, you're golden since they have a pretty awesome returns department.

When in doubt, re-format.

yes, its nice to see a non LUX K70 for once too lol, only thing id say is crappy is that it has red switches but if you like those go ahead, they just make it boring to type compared to browns

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Yeah, but you can get those off of Corsair's website if you aren't 100% for $10 more.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Just now, pwn_intended said:

A refurbished keyboard from newegg?

What's not to trust? more than likely its just an open box that never had anything wrong in the first place or a return from someone that didn't want it in the end.

Either way, if you're getting if from newegg, you're golden since they have a pretty awesome returns department.

yeah im taking the risk :D 

That's a very normal price for a refurbished K70

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

That's a very normal price for a refurbished K70

Do you think it'll have dead LEDs or anything?

Just now, Savant82 said:

"Refurbished", at least for reputable sellers, means it's like-new with all parts tested and working as if it was coming out of the box for the first time. When something comes refurb from Newegg or Amazon (directly from Newegg or Amazon, not "seller refurbished"), you're as safe as safe gets.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

4 minutes ago, Savant82 said:

It shouldn't have, Newegg probably doesn't want to be known as "that store that sells defective/not fully working keyboards" and thus only sell fully working refurbished products.

Otherwise you do you have a 90 day warranty.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Newegg + refurbished? Not really, although Newegg has burned me in the past(sending defective "refurb" stuff, not honoring returns/exchanges, etc.) so I cant recommend them because of my experiences. I would do as DarkBlade said and get it directly from Corsair, since they at least have better customer service.

8 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Newegg + refurbished? Not really, although Newegg has burned me in the past(sending defective "refurb" stuff, not honoring returns/exchanges, etc.) so I cant recommend them because of my experiences. I would do as DarkBlade said and get it directly from Corsair, since they at least have better customer service.

From my experience Newegg has very good customer service and they've always been more than willing to work with me any time I've contacted them (had to return something, get a price adjustment after the fact due to a sale, etc...).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just ordered it.

I just saw the reply about Corsair's website and saw K65 RGB for $80. I'm a little pissed rn.

Whatever, I'm still getting a K70 RGB :D

Just now, Savant82 said:

Just ordered it.

I just saw the reply about Corsair's website and saw K65 RGB for $80. I'm a little pissed rn.

Whatever, I'm still getting a K70 RGB :D

You can still cancel the order if you want. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

You can still cancel the order if you want. 

Too much of a hassle to be honest. I'm still really happy right now lol.

21 minutes ago, Savant82 said:

yeah im taking the risk :D 

There is no risk to take

17 minutes ago, Savant82 said:

Too much of a hassle to be honest. I'm still really happy right now lol.

Why is it a hassle? Just click cancel on your order history page. Takes 1 second.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list