i5 6600k vs i7 6700k for vr

so im buying parts to make a new computer and have not got an cpu yet. right now the i5 6600k is $250 free shipping and the i7 6700k is $400 (cheapest i see is $398) im building this computer hoping to get 10 years or so out of it and im not buying in vr this time but might want to play vr with in the 10 years. im looking at the 1060 (trying to get a 6 gig for $280ish) and i would most likly need to up grade the gpu to play vr say 5 or so years form now. is it better and save the extra and put that towards a gpu later or will i need the i7 to future prof?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

If you really plan to keep it for 10 years, 6700k definitely. 6700k should also get a lot of christmas sale rebate, watch out for that. But puting that much into CPU is just ridiculous. You can't expect a component to last 10 years.

5 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

so im buying parts to make a new computer and have not got an cpu yet. right now the i5 6600k is $250 free shipping and the i7 6700k is $400 (cheapest i see is $398) im building this computer hoping to get 10 years or so out of it and im not buying in vr this time but might want to play vr with in the 10 years. im looking at the 1060 (trying to get a 6 gig for $280ish) and i would most likly need to up grade the gpu to play vr say 5 or so years form now. is it better and save the extra and put that towards a gpu later or will i need the i7 to future prof?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

8 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

Erm... High end parts such as i7's and say GTX 1070's usually get cycled out every 4-6 years, How do you plan to pull 10 years out of this sytem? Just look at a Q6600 and 9800 GTX.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Erm... High end parts such as i7's and say GTX 1070's usually get cycled out every 4-6 years, How do you plan to pull 10 years out of this sytem? Just look at a Q6600 and 9800 GTX.

10 years on the cpu,ram,mb,ps,maybe ssd? and upgrade the gpu in about 4-5 years im runing an i7920 and i had it over 10 years now. did upgrade the mb (broke it do to water cooling) and upgrades the gpu like 4 time two were hamydowns form my dad. ps ,cpu and ram, were bran new and still ruining. i still have mt old 2t storage drive running.

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

10 years on the cpu,ram,mb,ps,maybe ssd? and upgrade the gpu in about 4-5 years im runing an i7920 and i had it over 10 years now. did upgrade the mb (broke it do to water cooling) and upgrades the gpu like 4 time two were hamydowns form my dad. ps ,cpu and ram, were bran new and still ruining. i still have mt old 2t storage drive running.

Uh, the i7-920 was released in in Q4'08, and is really pushing it for uses now days. I'd considered Sandy-Bridge to be the oldest CPU's for people to use.

Things have not picked up in the past 8 years but CPUs from the looks are going to start picking up after Kaby Lake and GPUs usually last 2-3 years if you play at the same settings. We can't predict how long this stuff will last though, just take into account most people do a new build every ~4-6 years as that's when the parts have a big enough leap in performance. In 10 years, a 6700k may be laughed at.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Well a 6600k overclocked will do fine. maybe a little bit of bottlenecking. But if you want the utmost performance, then I recommend either a 6700 or 6700k or even a 6800k

The geek himself.

so i went with the i5 6600k for $250. Gigabyte z170-hd3, corsair dominator platinum 16gig, mushkin 480 gig ssd, noctua nh-d15 cpu cooler, icydock black vortex mb074sp-1b with an noctua nf-f12. probly looking at the evga supernova 750 ps and some 1060 ill try get the 6 gig.

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

oh wow

oh this is .com in us im Canadian

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

keep in mind i was watercooling the cpu and a bit later on water colling the motherbord. i was runing an over clock to the stander 4gigaherts or w/e you call it but it failed after about 6 moths (i think i had to do with water cooling the cpu as i was using an raystorm cpu block ) amazing but if you have any junk in the loop its an extremely good filter! so it run at 2.66 now. the ram was my overcloking block. ram is cooled by some Thermalright RAM Heatsink HR-07 Trio Type H Memory Cooler and can even add an 120fan too it if need be.