Fallout 4 PC Mods

Itchy

Hello Everyone,

What Fallout 4 PC mods do you recommend that do not make you OP or cheat.

When listing mods please post a description.

Also do you recommend getting your mods from Bethesda.net or Nexus Mods?

Thanks,

Itchy

Well these are some of the mods I use: (Just lookin through my NMM)

Animation:

Armour:

• Armorsmith Extended: - Maybe kinda cheaty to some? I use it so I can put ballistic weave on any under armor I want.
  • Re-sized Ushanka: - Makes the Ushanka actually fit your head. The one in the default game looks horrible if you ask me.

Companions:

• Everyone's Best Friend: - Lets you use Dogmeat and another companion at the same time. - This was originally intended for the game.

Modders Resources: - May be required for other mods

• AWKCR: - Its a modders resource thing. Some mods need it.

User Interface:

Visuals & Performance:

• Chem Redux: - Gives unique textures for each Chem. Orange Mentats have an orange label exc.
  • Insignificant Object Remover: - 'Removes' some rubble, rocks exc, it can improve performance in downtown Boston.
  • Dynavision: - Dynamic Depth of Feild that is 100% configurable.
  • Darker Nights: - Makes night Darker if you felt it was too bright.
  • Enhanced Blood Textures: - Makes Blood look better if you ask me.
  • Vivid Fallout: - Thats just a part... But alot of that guys textures are less Vram heavy then the default ones, and can look better.

Weapons:

• PreWar Binoculars: - Light weight Binoculars, Perfect for sneaking characters who don't carry scoped rifles.
  • Better Artillery Signal Flares: - For some reason artillery flares don't have the same range as grenades, they hit an invisible wall. This fixes that issue.
  • Angry Artillery: With how infrequently Ive used artillery I can't consider this a cheat. It makes it so Artillery isn't so damn slow. No more waiting 20 seconds for it to start firing. - Most of the time, I would kill whatever WAY before the artillery even fired the first shot! (Then I'd get killed by my own artillery)

If you want more mods... I'd recommend looking up Gopher, or Oxhorn on Youtube.
Gopher is the mod author of Dynavision, and does a series called "Mod Vault" where he shows off a lot of mods, Not all are lore friendly or non "cheaty" but, all seem to be fun.
Oxhorn isn't that well know yet. But damn he does make some good Fallout 4 videos. He did videos on his favorite mods for each faction. He likes lore friendly, and non "cheaty" sorts of mods. I have to agree a lot of them are pretty good.

2 hours ago, Sypran said:

That is a great list of mods. Thank you for the assist.

Sypran pretty much covered the main ones.

A couple I'll throw in are:

Faster Terminal Displays - Makes menus on the in game computers pop up and navigate more quickly.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/937/?

No Essential NPCs - Make all NPCs killable.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10194/?

20 hours ago, Itchy said:

Hello Everyone,

What Fallout 4 PC mods do you recommend that do not make you OP or cheat.

When listing mods please post a description.

Also do you recommend getting your mods from Bethesda.net or Nexus Mods?

Thanks,

Itchy

just go to http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/? and look at the top rated/downloaded mods and get the ones that sound interesting/non cheat to you.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

27 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

just go to http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/? and look at the top rated/downloaded mods and get the ones that sound interesting/non cheat to you.

I did that this morning. Spent close to 3hrs on there.