EA saying PS4/XBone are 8-10 times faster than the best PCs

I just don't believe that, I'm sorry. I would like to see one. The closest I've got is $600 USD with an i3 3120, i think.

k. give me a minute.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Funny thing is that the consoles are using what is for all intensive purposes PC hardware

Very true and honestly I can't wait until unified architectures come to the PC where we can through some real hardware and cooling at it and see it really work its magic. Also, it it "intents and purposes"

Nonono, it's "intents and purposes"

What if he actually meant "intensive purposes"? :huh:

We are talking about intensive computing when it comes to games after all.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

He's technically correct, the consoles are HSA compatible, the current APUs are not.

I believe you can say the consoles are next-gen or even more advanced than high end PCs as headlines and they would be true, but you cannot say more powerful.

He's technically correct, the consoles are HSA compatible, the current APUs are not.

I believe you can say the consoles are next-gen or even more advanced than high end PCs as headlines and they would be true, but you cannot say more powerful.

Well he's right in saying that consoles are a generation ahead, but hardly, since they're ahead by just 3 months.

In the case of performance, he's obviously just PRing.

Yeah, they are not. I don't know what they consider "the best pc," maybe an APU or something, but it is not 8-10 times faster than an average gaming pc.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Well he's not straight out lying but no he's not right. Due to the optimisations and the fact they only design the game for one device there are a lot of bottlenecks that exist on the PC that won't exist on the consoles. Remember too that most people here have high end rigs which is not what he means, the majority of PC gamers don't have a 780 etc so to a certain extent consoles are more powerful than a lot of PCs out there, but not 8-10x faster. Maybe 2-3x...

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

I must say that their API is superior

True but how many PC enthusiasts game on API based systems? 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

However they compare to high-end computers, the next-gen consoles are definitely a huge leap forward in performance from the ageing Xbox 360 and PS3.

"Our benchmarks on just the video and audio performance are 8-10 times superior to the current gen" Taneja claims

I think thread title is misleading, since in article he says it's 8-10 times more powerful than current gen consoles

23 May 2013, ..................

i saw this posted on the forum a WHILE  ago

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Stronger than High End PCs? Bullshit.

True but how many PC enthusiasts game on API based systems?

Every game is based on some kind of API, therefore they all play on one.

144Hz goodness

The EA guy at the nVidia conference was speaking half a year after this comment was made.

ok thats good. then

still consoles have never been ahead of high end computers except maybe in optimizations but even then a high end PC can definitely do better

The Only true statement about this is that the APU in the Ps4/XboxOne is 1Gen ahead of every other APU on PC.

The XboxOne is only 1,3Tlops the R9-290X is 5,6Tflops.

RTX2070OC 

There you go, as current as it gets. lol.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/freezingdiddy/saved/2FVs

I would like to see this against the new consoles but I still don't believe that would be better, we (in my opinion) would have to wait for benchmarks aside from the news about a game being 720p upscaled to 1080p at 60 FPS. I guess that kind of indicates how the console(s) will perform.   

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

The Only true statement about this is that the APU in the Ps4/XboxOne is 1Gen ahead of every other APU on PC.

The XboxOne is only 1,3Tlops the R9-290X is 5,6Tflops.

You're comparing an APU to a flagship 4k gaming GPU, I don't really see how those are comparable.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I stumbled upon an article bringing ridiculous accusations to my attention and though that the community here would get a kick out of it. EA strikes again.

Link:

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/xbox-one-ps4-are-a-generation-ahead-of-best-pc-says-ea-50011312/

Bullshit title, change it.

"Our benchmarks on just the video and audio performance are 8-10 times superior to the current gen," Taneja claims. "The compute capabilities of these platforms and the data transfer speeds we can now bank on, essentially removes any notion of rationing of systems resources for our game engines.

Taneja meant CURRENT GEN as in CURRENT GEN CONSOLES...

Stupid articles with sensationalist titles.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

You're comparing an APU to a flagship 4k gaming GPU, I don't really see how those are comparable.

EA compared Consoles to PC and then to say the Ps4/XboxOne is faster is crap, because in fact there slow as 3-4 Year Old GPUs and far away from gaming PC of 2013 so there not 1 Gen ahead there like 3 Gens behind.

And till the Ps4/XboxOne gets big it will take around 3 Years and then we will have Maxwell/Volta wich should be more then 5-10x XboxOne peformance.

RTX2070OC 

I would like to see this against the new consoles but I still don't believe that would be better, we (in my opinion) would have to wait for benchmarks aside from the news about a game being 720p upscaled to 1080p at 60 FPS. I guess that kind of indicates how the console(s) will perform.   

I would too. Consoles have more optimizations so there is an obvious performance boost for them. And as for the whole HD at 60fps, I dont think that will happen on every game. It just isnt possible for hardware like that. 

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Well this is a joke. Even with integrated graphics, a 6800k and some fast ram will power BF4 better than this thing...