Whats better Noctua-dh15 or Corsair h100i v2?

xmodex

Im gonna be building in this case 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014K3BFVU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A17AS5ETPMZ9A1

What fan should i go for Air or Water?

Which one would be quiet-er ? 

And what about reliability, if i have it for like 5+ years, is the liquid cooler reliable, wont leak all over the pc :D ? 

The dh15 would probably be quieter, but the h100i would give lower temps.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

The dh15 would probably be quieter, but the h100i would give lower temps.

By how much more quiet? and how much lower temps?

Which choice is better do you think? 

1: i would go for the NH-D15 if that even fits in that case

2: NH-D15 by quite a bit

3: i dont think AIOs have been on the market long enough to say how good they are for the future but i would trust them for a few years, but air cooler from way back still work just fine so i would say an aircooler will last longer but both will do 5 years fine

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

1: i would go for the NH-D15 if that even fits in that case

2: NH-D15 by quite a bit

3: i dont think AIOs have been on the market long enough to say how good they are for the future but i would trust them for a few years, but air cooler from way back still work just fine so i would say an aircooler will last longer but both will do 5 years fine

Ok thanks, yea ill go for aircooler but im really going for makerair 8, Just need to get good air flow for the case, but i cant seem to find good answers anywhere, how many of these things i should buy and where to place them, to pull or push on top idk? : this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G5I6MRK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

But i think in the end ill just build the whole pc and see if it needs more air i guess only way to find out :S 

1 minute ago, xmodex said:

Ok thanks, yea ill go for aircooler but im really going for makerair 8, Just need to get good air flow for the case, but i cant seem to find good answers anywhere, how many of these things i should buy and where to place them, to pull or push on top idk? : this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G5I6MRK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

But i think in the end ill just build the whole pc and see if it needs more air i guess only way to find out :S 

you more then likely dont need more fans, the case you have has a massive from fan to begin with and an exhaust one IIRC, which would be plenty of airflow for almost any PC(you never know when someone decides to run two R9 295Xs and a FX 9590 in there lol)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, xmodex said:

By how much more quiet? and how much lower temps?

Which choice is better do you think? 

https://www.computerbase.de/2016-06/corsair-h100i-v2-test/3/

I would go with Noctua. Here is a german site comparing both of them. Yes I use google translate as I don't understand german but

Look for

Schalldruck System bei maximaler Drehzahl (Serienlüfter)
Angaben in dB(A)

Which measures the sound of coolers

Here, translates as: Sound pressure system at maximum speed (serial fan)

cooler.png

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Wow in fact I was amazed

air_stock.jpg

:o alright so its even better than noctua, :D. Just need to get the airflow right, idk how to do it, did so much research on it but idk what to do with these things: 

Have you got any idea if I would need this at all? would it give more airflow better cooled system? 

18 hours ago, xmodex said:

:o alright so its even better than noctua, :D. Just need to get the airflow right, idk how to do it, did so much research on it but idk what to do with these things: 

Have you got any idea if I would need this at all? would it give more airflow better cooled system? 

The corsair 120mm mag lev fans you have there are similar to Noctua fans in a way and are better looking. The amount of cfm and pressrue they give should be good in your system. Just make sure you have airflow in your case be positive to avoid dust buildup. If you want them for airflow go ahead, but you could get af fans or sp fans for a lower price.

As a MasterAir Maker 8 owner, I can tell you that the performance is good, and by the graphs it affirms its performance over the Noctua D15, however the Master Air Maker 8 is $115 on Newegg right now, about 30 dollars more expensive than the D 15, and the Air 8 is overpriced a good chunk in price to performance ratios. So if you want to spend more money for it and its customization, go ahead but you are paying more than what you get.

3 hours ago, KnightofChaoticWisdom said:

The amount of cfm and pressrue they give should be good in your system. Just make sure you have airflow in your case be positive to avoid dust buildup.

So how would i position the corsair 120mm fans? and how many would i need for an optimal performance? 

Same case, similar setup, skip to 4:40 to see the smoke airflow.

But how can i use the 120mm corsair fans to my advantage? should i put one at the back and two at the top ? Or would that way they be sucking too much ? i have no idea, a bit of a noob around this