Unigine Valley Benchmark Scores Thread + SUPERPOSITION ***Over 1000 Submissions!***

Jumper118

i've been telling people that my 7970 wasn't that fast and that 7950 could beat it if they got a good one. on ocuk there is a 7970 with a score of 2477 and the fastest 7950 got 2266

If I could get 1.3V or more on this 280 I could snatch that title with Ease, just can't seem to find a voltmod for this card :/

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I did everything I could just shy of water cooling or creating a custom bios, two thing I won't be doing until I get my second card in a few months. If you would like I will repost my screenshots of msi so that you have a reference to beat.

I have a few Custom BIOS's set up for Air/H2o and LN2 for the 970 G1 cards.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

This 280 wouldn't go above 1000MHz core and 1300MHz memory with my friends system and the Asic is 61.1% on this card ;) Trust me I will have my ways to take the top spot in a GPU category if I try.

btw, I love your pic. Is it from an anime? It really seems familiar but I can't put my fingers on it.

btw, I love your pic. Is it from an anime? It really seems familiar but I can't put my fingers on it.

It's Hatsune Miku she is a vocaloid

|King Of The Lost|

I have a few Custom BIOS's set up for Air/H2o and LN2 for the 970 G1 cards.

How do you even flash a bios? I have been interested in it since I've had my 7970 but I've been afraid to because I can't find a good guide on it. Both of my cards have had insane good temps, mostly because I don't mind 100% fan curves because I game with a headset on. If you don't mind could you point me in the direction to a guide on how to flash a bios and how to custom create one?

11 months is plenty for warranty isn't it? And generally overclocking automatically voids the warranty, unless there is a company out there on the amd side that offers a warranty even if you overclock that I am not aware of.

There is the classic what they don't know can't hurt them :P Why do you think Nvidia limits the volts on their cards by default it is to reduce OC related RMAs, because end of the day they can't prove you OC the card :)

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

How do you even flash a bios? I have been interested in it since I've had my 7970 but I've been afraid to because I can't find a good guide on it. Both of my cards have had insane good temps, mostly because I don't mind 100% fan curves because I game with a headset on. If you don't mind could you point me in the direction to a guide on how to flash a bios and how to custom create one?

I know everything for the Nvidia card AMD I have to get help my self with the BIO's for them.

Topic for it:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/radeon-hd77xx-78xx-79xx-bios-editor.183423/

Editor for 7XXX cards

http://translate.google.by/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http://people.overclockers.ru/Drag0nheart/17537/Radeon_HD_7000_BIOS_Editor&act=url

Nvidia cards is all on overclock.net just search Maxwell Bios editing.

|King Of The Lost|

It's Hatsune Miku she is a vocaloid

Oh, that's why. There is a game in the arcade out here with her on it as the mascot. I live in japan, ryouky islands. It's a game like dance revolution but you use your hands and press some buttons that resemble the playstation's o,x,▲,[ ]

I know everything for the Nvidia card AMD I have to get help my self with the BIO's for them.

Topic for it:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/radeon-hd77xx-78xx-79xx-bios-editor.183423/

Editor for 7XXX cards

http://translate.google.by/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http://people.overclockers.ru/Drag0nheart/17537/Radeon_HD_7000_BIOS_Editor&act=url

Nvidia cards is all on overclock.net just search Maxwell Bios editing.

Thank you. I will have to take the time to read this and attempt this on my weekend. The G1 970 "claims" to have dual bios on the box. I don't know if it actually does though. I've taken the card out and inspected it but can't find a switch.

There is the classic what they don't know can't hurt them :P Why do you think Nvidia limits the volts on their cards by default it is to reduce OC related RMAs, because end of the day they can't prove you OC the card :)

I always thought there was some software on the gpu that would allow the vendor to know if you had oc'ed the gpu. If not then I won't be so afraid to oc more. Does the thermal paste get dried out as you overclock or does that take time? As you have seen the highest I ever let the gpu reach is 65c, and that was on the stock fan curve the FIRST time

I always thought there was some software on the gpu that would allow the vendor to know if you had oc'ed the gpu. If not then I won't be so afraid to oc more. Does the thermal paste get dried out as you overclock or does that take time? As you have seen the highest I ever let the gpu reach is 65c, and that was on the stock fan curve the FIRST time

I don't know, I only RMAed 1 OC card and that was after the actual manufacturer of the card told me to do so after I told them I had OCed it.

In my mind though if you sell me a high end GPU and boost about your cooling and high end components you are expecting me to push it to see what it can do. I mean I also have had some XFX cards those are good, but that is it, they are build to run at the given speeds and are build around that, OC headroom is marginal and they don't ask you to push it. If you give me an MSI lightning card heck yes I will push it to the very edge, I mean you build the darn thing for it.

As for temps generally staying 80C or below is nice, but say the Hawai cards from AMD can be put to 90C without trouble they do that on their own already :) In the end lower temps and volts will mean a longer life span, but I don't plan to last 5-6 years with a single GPU :)

While I agree with you about the hawaii lifespan, I just always loved the lower temps I could achieve with the overclocks. I was not at the time passionate enough or able to afford a replacement gpu when I had the 7970 so I was afraid to overclock as the 8350 it does not have integrated graphics to play League of Lengends on as the 4960k does. That and I have since become single so I have more money to spend on myself so I have that going for me I guess. Hence the desire to sli the 970's, depending on what AMD brings to the table as far as GPU's goes. I do absolutely LOVE the AMD reference cooler designs for the r9 200 series. They look AMAZING, I hate the red but I was going to paint it blue with nail polish lmao, but they did run hot. That made me wait and then the 970 came out when I had more than enough money so I bought 1 at the time, a mistake because I should have bought 2 since I had the money, but that's life. They have waterbloocks now and I can do custom bios in a little bit.

I just need to stay strong and wait and save up I want to do a full new build mid/end this year :)

That's true. The way I figure it at a minimum I will be buying a second G1 970 in april. The best case scenario I will be buying the second 970 and a full water cooling loop for a 4960k and both 970s in April. It's a really hard decision to wait for skylake to come out and then mature enough to become a viable platform to upgrade to from haswell.

This will be a long post with a lot of pictures so you have been warned.

I find odd OEM hardware and low end hardware more interesting than the higher end stuff. Maybe it's because I'm weird or maybe because all people ever want to talk about is high end stuff and it gets boring but either way odd pieces of hardware are more interesting to me. Multi-GPU configs are always more interesting to me as well so last year(lol Dec 24th) I bought a pair of Nvidia GT 545 3GB cards off of ebay so I could run them in SLI for shits and giggles and they arrived today. The cards are your standard Nvidia GT card affair with a small cooler and an unimpressive appearance but up at the top you will see the thing that peaked my interest, an SLI finger. While browsing Nvida's website for some unknown reason I stumbled upon this odd little GT card that supported SLI. You guys must be confused by that just like I was because Nvidia doesn't seem overly fond of the idea of SLI'ing lower end GPU's these days and for good reason, most of the time it's basically not worth it. So I ended up getting two of these and I dropped them into my main rig in place of my 760's and proceeded to bench them in valley. They performed about like I expected being such low end cards but I was surprised to find that they got a decent boost from OC'ing that actually showed noticeable improvements in the bench.

So without further rambling here are some pictures!

First off the cards, like I said they are GT cards and they look the part with a basic PCB and cooler.

5652108cde.jpg

Here they are in my system, notice how even my soundcard nearly dwarfs them

0b5003cb0f.jpg

There was some weirdness to be found with these things, despite having completely different specs GPU-Z and MSI AB reported both cards as GT 640's which was weird.

bc4cad4bd4.png

ASIC quality because why not

91527eafda.png

I did single card and SLI runs on both the Basic and Extreme HD presets and an OC'd SLI run on both presets as well.

First are single card Basic and Extreme HD. Basic fared pretty well but HD was obviously unplayable as it required a god bit of grunt.

29ce34cd74.png

02b99d7644.png

Next are SLI Basic and Extreme HD presets, as you will see there were decent gains to be had from the addition of a second card.

cdea498b8e.png

062cf2e46f.png

Now for the Overclocked SLI results for the Basic and Extreme presets. I ran these in two stages the first was with just a Core Overclock and the second was with both a Core and a Memory Overclock with good gains of +160mhz on the core and +200mhz on the memory.

Round 1 (Core OC only)

9c320e5a3b.png

9ccc15f117.png

Round 2 (Core and Memory OC)

970b509c0a.png

2a1514ce13.png

There you have it, decent gains from SLI and Overclocking and on a side note they scaled as well as my 760's do in valley.

SCORE TIME!!

System specs

i5-3570k@4.2Ghz

x2 SLI GT 545 SLI (stock runs 720/900 OC runs (880/1100)

OC validation

116dc84483.png

Basic SLI-

Score- 2015

FPS- 48.2

Extreme HD SLI-

Score- 885

FPS- 21.1

Basic Single card-

Score- 1061

FPS- 25.4

Extreme HD Single card-

Score- 366

FPS- 8.8

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

This will be a long post with a lot of pictures so you have been warned.

I find odd OEM hardware and low end hardware more interesting than the higher end stuff. Maybe it's because I'm weird or maybe because all people ever want to talk about is high end stuff and it gets boring but either way odd pieces of hardware are more interesting to me. Multi-GPU configs are always more interesting to me as well so last year(lol Dec 24th) I bought a pair of Nvidia GT 545 3GB cards off of ebay so I could run them in SLI for shits and giggles and they arrived today. The cards are your standard Nvidia GT card affair with a small cooler and an unimpressive appearance but up at the top you will see the thing that peaked my interest, an SLI finger. While browsing Nvida's website for some unknown reason I stumbled upon this odd little GT card that supported SLI. You guys must be confused by that just like I was because Nvidia doesn't seem overly fond of the idea of SLI'ing lower end GPU's these days and for good reason, most of the time it's basically not worth it. So I ended up getting two of these and I dropped them into my main rig in place of my 760's and proceeded to bench them in valley. They performed about like I expected being such low end cards but I was surprised to find that they got a decent boost from OC'ing that actually showed noticeable improvements in the bench.

So without further rambling here are some pictures!

First off the cards, like I said they are GT cards and they look the part with a basic PCB and cooler.

Here they are in my system, notice how even my soundcard nearly dwarfs them

There was some weirdness to be found with these things, despite having completely different specs GPU-Z and MSI AB reported both cards as GT 640's which was weird.

ASIC quality because why not

I did single card and SLI runs on both the Basic and Extreme HD presets and an OC'd SLI run on both presets as well.

First are single card Basic and Extreme HD. Basic fared pretty well but HD was obviously unplayable as it required a god bit of grunt.

Next are SLI Basic and Extreme HD presets, as you will see there were decent gains to be had from the addition of a second card.

Now for the Overclocked SLI results for the Basic and Extreme presets. I ran these in two stages the first was with just a Core Overclock and the second was with both a Core and a Memory Overclock with good gains of +160mhz on the core and +200mhz on the memory.

Round 1 (Core OC only)

Round 2 (Core and Memory OC)

There you have it, decent gains from SLI and Overclocking and on a side note they scaled as well as my 760's do in valley.

SCORE TIME!!

System specs

i5-3570k@4.2Ghz

x2 SLI GT 545 SLI (stock runs 720/900 OC runs (880/1100)

OC validation

Basic SLI-

Score- 2015

FPS- 48.2

Extreme HD SLI-

Score- 885

FPS- 21.1

Basic Single card-

Score- 1061

FPS- 25.4

Extreme HD Single card-

Score- 366

FPS- 8.8

that is very cool. i find this very interesting that you can sli cards that are so slow. they aren't even that bad oc'ed in sli. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

that is very cool. i find this very interesting that you can sli cards that are so slow. they aren't even that bad oc'ed in sli. 

so does that mean that you will at least put the OC'd results on the board?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

so does that mean that you will at least put the OC'd results on the board?

i've put the single and sli (with oc and memory) on :)

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

i've put the single and sli (with oc and memory) on :)

why not the OC 545 SLI for the basic preset? I'm also wondering if the 545 will beat my 250 If I OC it for a single card run

Long post lets not quote :)

Those are so cute :)

I should actually get my old GT8600 from my old PC at my dads and give that a run (if the PC is still there).

I do look at older cards at times some have just nice designs and all, likely will buy a bunch of those as functional wall art for my new apartment :)

why not the OC 545 SLI for the basic preset? I'm also wondering if the 545 will beat my 250 If I OC it for a single card run

sorry. missed that one out. if i ever miss anything just let me know. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

I'll give my GT 630 a run tomorrow I reflowed the board hoping that will help it with the artifacting issues it was having with just trying to post a system

|King Of The Lost|

I thought this was interesting…

CPU: Q6600

GPU: gt730… 1253mem, 902core

Average FPS: 6

Score: 250

Setting: Extreme HD

Time to overclock that sucker!

post-165184-0-13892100-1420877977_thumb.

I thought this was interesting…

CPU: Q6600

GPU: gt730… 1253mem, 902core

Average FPS: 6

Score: 250

Setting: Extreme HD

Time to overclock that sucker!

7! FPS... man you are die hard to make a benchmark with 7FPS haha. Didn´t your eye balls hurt :D ? Thumbs up for that!

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling