Need Help Choosing Between 2 MB´s Please Help

Hi guys from LTT forum, im new here (greetings from Argentina) i need your help to choose betwenn these two motherboards... they have a very similar price and i dont want to pay much more for a motherboard.

here they are:       Mother Msi Z170a Gaming M3 Lga1151 Usb 3.1 Atx Ddr4 Box         OR/VS           Motherboard Intel (1151) Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Ddr4     .

Thanks a lot for the help!!!  

29684_800.jpg

five_pictures1_3510_2015072713382155b5c3cdb8d02.png

the cheaper one

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

main differences will be the colour scheme (similar), the nic and audio implementation. if you like the killer e2400 nic then go for the msi board as it has it but if you prefer intel nics then go for the asus. the audio should be better on the asus. see which features are more important to you and go for that. also the msi board does not support sli which is something to point out. overclocking should be similar on both. both have fan curve control in the bios.

Asus has better VRM's, so if you're going for extreme overclocking, that'd be the choice.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I'd get the Z170A Gaming M3, mainly because it's cheaper.

Unless you actually NEED the features of the Z170A Gaming Pro, such as LED control and SLI support.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

asus bios is better (subjectively), if you like fancy RGB leds and such paying like 15 bucks more will get you an aura version which fits with lots of themes. the asus one has some extra led control thingies.

honestly i just want a mother without old specs, like PS/2 connectors, Basic Audio 3 Channel. I want some expandeable features like crossfire capability USB C etc...

the diference between these two is 20$ (dollars) (sorry for bad english, working on that)

i just used a b150 gaming m3 in a build and was very satisfied with it. no complaints. no comment on the long term stability of it but im sure it will last in the long run. both the bios should be very mature and overclock just fine.

Just now, the crunchiumo said:

i just used a b150 gaming m3 in a build and was very satisfied with it. no complaints. no comment on the long term stability of it but im sure it will last in the long run. both the bios should be very mature and overclock just fine.

I actually like your MB but here in this shitty country we dont have so much to choose, so these two are the only options :/, that B150 should be fine for me....

2 minutes ago, owlhd said:

I actually like your MB but here in this shitty country we dont have so much to choose, so these two are the only options :/, that B150 should be fine for me....

what cpu are you using? a lot of folks go with the b150 gaming m3 as it is a nice atx board for the price and comes with a lot of features if you dont need z170/h170.

1 minute ago, the crunchiumo said:

what cpu are you using? a lot of folks go with the b150 gaming m3 as it is a nice atx board for the price and comes with a lot of features if you dont need z170/h170.

im using a 1155 Intel Core i5 3340 with a mini-itx Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3. Like i told you i cant buy that MB cause is not in argentina, we get a little part of all the motherboards in the market. Yeah ive seen some h170/b150 but i dont like their features PS2 connectors / 3way audio...2 usb3.0 no USB-C...... old stuff

57 minutes ago, owlhd said:

honestly i just want a mother without old specs, like PS/2 connectors, Basic Audio 3 Channel. I want some expandeable features like crossfire capability USB C etc...

the diference between these two is 20$ (dollars) (sorry for bad english, working on that)

you will be glad it has ps/2 connector.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

25 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

you will be glad it has ps/2 connector.

why?? nowadays every mouse/keyboard is USB... dont tell me there is a Corsair mechanical keyboard w/ RGB lighting with PS/2 ?????

5 minutes ago, owlhd said:

why?? nowadays every mouse/keyboard is USB... dont tell me there is a Corsair mechanical keyboard w/ RGB lighting with PS/2 ?????

Do some research on it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list