AMD and EA's BF4 Launch Party?

pit5000
this is straight from AMD's facebook page:

"To celebrate the upcoming launch of Battlefield 4, we've teamed up with EA to throw an unforgettable launch event on October 29th which will include flyovers by the Patriots Jet Team in their L-39 Albatross Jets. Check back for updates."

Considering their financial position, is this a wise choice in spending? I say overkill...

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

this is straight from AMD's facebook page:

"To celebrate the upcoming launch of Battlefield 4, we've teamed up with EA to throw an unforgettable launch event on October 29th which will include flyovers by the Patriots Jet Team in their L-39 Albatross Jets. Check back for updates."

Considering their financial position, is this a wise choice in spending? I say overkill...

Financial position? There's plenty of money out of public knowledge. Always is in corps.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Financial position? There's plenty of money out of public knowledge. Always is in corps.

but didn't they lose money in the first 2 quarters of the year?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Xbox One

PS4

Mantle

R9 series

Im prettt sure they're ok

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Mantle is an API, do they even make money off of that?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Xbox One

PS4

Mantle

R9 series

Im prettt sure they're ok

+1

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

Notice those posts^, and losing money in a quarter doesn't mean ur in a bad position financially.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

developers have to pay to implement it most likely

I kinda doubt it. It's more likely to be the other way round actually. AMD gets better performance on their cards (and therefore sell more) and the devs make a better game, so it's really a win-win (except for the extra development costs).

Bit overkill, but it will certainly get them publicity, which will sell cards and copies of the game, so I guess it's probably been fairly well planned by both parties to make sure it's financially viable. Not to mention that I'm sure that the DICE devs just want to relax and party for a night after working so hard to get the game out, and a game which looks amazing at that.

HTTP/2 203

you got it wrong!

The jets are the r9 290x :)

source :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQhqOKKAq7o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Pretty sure that EA has a bit of cash on hand too.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

L-39 Albatross Jets & 290Xs, what do they have in common ? They're loud and fast as hell !

Huh, who knew? The L-39 Albatross is a Czech plane. They're "only" about 200 grand a pop too.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

AMD has recently started making profits again...

you got it wrong!

The jets are the r9 290x :)

source :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQhqOKKAq7o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Oh my god that cooler is terrible. I never knew how loud it was, holy crap that thing could drown out my vacuum cleaner.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

AMD announces A-Sync :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

developers have to pay to implement it most likely

i saw/ read somewhere that it was open(free).... though i'm not sure if it was open source i read or just open. 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

they made less money then they usually make but they still made profit im pretty sure.

Titan fan is no better mate.

Comment's disabled.

Yea I can see the FAKE comments now.

But yes that fan is better sorry to day. While it might still have problems with noise and in that case clicking. It does not, unlike the 290x, reach the thermal threshold, and hold back the gpu. The stock 780/titan/whatever doesn't get above 85c when at stock clocks. While the 290x is at it's max at stock, that is the problem with the cooler. To much power for how bad the heat sink is.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd