My Mom's Macbook battery blew up...

She called me up recently to tell me that her old Macbook battery had exploded. I sat there and said to tell the media, she laughed but I was almost half serious.

3 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

She called me up recently to tell me that her old Macbook battery had exploded. I sat there and said to tell the media, she laughed but I was almost half serious.

WARRANTY BITCH

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

In the words of an IT consultant I worked with: "There are three things in the world of tech that fail like nothing else: Molex to SATA adapters, those graphics cards with the painted fanless heatsinks, and Macbook batteries".

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

20 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

In the words of an IT consultant I worked with: "There are three things in the world of tech that fail like nothing else: Molex to SATA adapters, those graphics cards with the painted fanless heatsinks, and Macbook batteries".

But...But... Molex to Sata... I need that... :P

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

4 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

But...But... Molex to Sata... I need that... :P

I usually go off this: 

3 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

I usually go off this: 

I love the 90 degree angle adapters... Super easy to custom sleeve and use. Good reference video!

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

1 hour ago, Brian McKee said:

There is safety cicuitry in the laptop to prevent a full-on explosion of the battery by limiting how much charge it can have, unless there was severly damage to the laptop it wouldn't have "exploded."

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

There is safety cicuitry in the laptop to prevent a full-on explosion of the battery by limiting how much charge it can have, unless there was severly damage to the laptop it wouldn't have "exploded."

Yeah, exploded is usually just the exaggerated way to say "expanded a bit and cracked the frame"

6 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Yeah, exploded is usually just the exaggerated way to say "expanded a bit and cracked the frame"

Ehh, I would consider the macbook batteries at work to have been "exploded"

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ehh, I would consider the macbook batteries at work to have been "exploded"

A little bit of swelling isn't an explosion.

Shooting flames, and erupting in a fireball is an explosion and very possible for Li-Ion batteries.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

28 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

A little bit of swelling isn't an explosion.

Shooting flames, and erupting in a fireball is an explosion and very possible for Li-Ion batteries.

Holy mother of ok wow