what gtx 1060 6GB should i take?

budgetguy

Hi i am looking to build my first pc ever. I did some research and decided to go for a gtx 1060 with 6GB.

I found a lot of them but don't know the difference. i hope you can help me choose.

p.s. i am a bit on a budget.

Thanks already

(sorry for bad English)

I personally would have a Gigabyte G1 or MSI or Asus Strix 

personal Prefrence 

PC's I Have Built And Currently Still in House:

Main PC (My One):

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @5.00Ghz

Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270-E Gaming ATX

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32gb (4 x 8) 3200mhz

Storage: 2TB Segate Barracuda HDD, 960gb HyperX Savage (Games), 240gb Samsung 850 Evo (OS)

Case: Corsair 750D

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU

Graphics Card: 2x Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080TI (SLI) 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Cooling: Custom Water Cooling

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

all the same really; different customer service; Ive never had to RMA a GPU so can't tell you the diff. Clock speeds and FPS dont differ much across manufacturer. I say pick the one the has better temps in published tests

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

10 minutes ago, budgetguy said:

Hi i am looking to build my first pc ever. I did some research and decided to go for a gtx 1060 with 6GB.

I found a lot of them but don't know the difference. i hope you can help me choose.

Thanks already

(sorry for bad English)

Get an RX 480 so you don't need to upgrade. I went MSI but you can go any way you like, I would recommend EVGA. They're cheaper in most places outside the US and just as good if not better value.

They are all same but i would avoid Gigabyte and go with EVGA,MSI,Asus or Zotac

17 minutes ago, Pyjamaz987 said:

Get an RX 480 so you don't need to upgrade.

Thats a really silly comment that makes no sense, so disregard this. The 1060 is a overall better performer then the 480 so if he would need to upgrade, he would also run into that issue with a 480.

Anyway, EVGA with ACX 3.0 , MSI Gaming and Asus Strix are imo the better coolers this gen. It's no day and night difference in temps, potential for GPU boost and noisellvl's. But EVGA and ASUS perform slightly higher then MSI, while MSI and EVGA are a bit cooler and make less noise then the Strix. The EVGA is imo the one that I would pick.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

12 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Anyway, EVGA with ACX 3.0 , MSI Gaming and Asus Strix are imo the better coolers this gen. It's no day and night difference in temps, potential for GPU boost and noisellvl's. But EVGA and ASUS perform slightly higher then MSI, while MSI and EVGA are a bit cooler and make less noise then the Strix. The EVGA is imo the one that I would pick.

the EVGA ACX 3.0 is only in gtx 1070 and 1080 if i am right and i don't have money for that

There are also 1060 variants with the ACX 3.0 cooler. Pricing can't help you with, really depends on where you live and can buy.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, budgetguy said:

Thanks already

(sorry for bad English)

Here is a link to the one I purchased (ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG STRIX OC Edition). It works great and very quiet. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126113&cm_re=GTX_1060-_-14-126-113-_-Product

15 minutes ago, Gonio said:

There are also 1060 variants with the ACX 3.0 cooler. Pricing can't help you with, really depends on where you live and can buy.

oh yea i see they just don't have it on amazon uk(i think it is cheaper and i am from europe) but noww i see that amazon us got great cheap stuff

thanks again

7 minutes ago, Itchy said:

Here is a link to the one I purchased (ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG STRIX OC Edition). It works great and very quiet. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126113&cm_re=GTX_1060-_-14-126-113-_-Product

Also here is a Linus Tech Tips YouTube review of it.

i saw that one to but is the OC worth the extra money?

Just now, budgetguy said:

Sorry I gave wrong video. I am trying to find the correct one for you.

I feel that it is worth it. I had a budget of $250 when I was in the market and stretched the wallet for the amazing performance reviews. I have been very happy with it.

4 minutes ago, budgetguy said:

Here is a great review of it. Unfortunately can't find the LTT video.

2 minutes ago, Itchy said:

Sorry I gave wrong video. I am trying to find the correct one for you.

I feel that it is worth it. I had a budget of $250 when I was in the market and stretched the wallet for the amazing performance reviews. I have been very happy with it.

hahahah didn't see it was the rong video and then i will take.

thanks for all the help and i just found out that amazon us cheaper is than amazon uk

6 minutes ago, budgetguy said:

hahahah didn't see it was the rong video and then i will take.

thanks for all the help and i just found out that amazon us cheaper is than amazon uk

Anytime. Happy to help.

16 minutes ago, budgetguy said:

I'd buy it for the cooler and not the factory overclock.

The cooling actually helps you overclock better as long as you don't hit the thermal limit.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

3 hours ago, budgetguy said:

thanks a lot al and i will take the asus strix gtx 1060 6gb OC

The OC edition is a waste of money. They aren't binned better nor do they have a better cooler. The difference out of the box is literally 1 fps. If you want more performance out of the card, you just OC it yourself, which is super simple. Secondly, you don't need a Strix cooler on a 1060. You can save some money with a cheaper card, although if you don't mind the extra money the Strix is a sexy beast that will run cool and silently. A cheaper alternative is something like the Msi Armor OC which is also cool and quiet for much less

That's an F in the profile pic

17 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

The OC edition is a waste of money. They aren't binned better nor do they have a better cooler. The difference out of the box is literally 1 fps. If you want more performance out of the card, you just OC it yourself, which is super simple. Secondly, you don't need a Strix cooler on a 1060. You can save some money with a cheaper card, although if you don't mind the extra money the Strix is a sexy beast that will run cool and silently. A cheaper alternative is something like the Msi Armor OC which is also cool and quiet for much less

so you say that i will get the same fps if i take the msi armor oc

Just now, budgetguy said:

so you say that i will get the same fps if i take the msi armor oc

If there is any difference it will literally be like 1 fps. I have the Armor OC and can confirm that you'll hit the cards OC limit before the cooler becomes inadequate. The advantage to the Strix cooler is that more fans run at a lower speed for the same temps. The 1060 is cool enough that any cooler will be silent.

10 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

If there is any difference it will literally be like 1 fps. I have the Armor OC and can confirm that you'll hit the cards OC limit before the cooler becomes inadequate. The advantage to the Strix cooler is that more fans run at a lower speed for the same temps. The 1060 is cool enough that any cooler will be silent.

will the EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Superclocked Gaming 6 GB GDDR5 Memory PCI Express 3 do as good sins that is the cheapest one at amazon uk

I personally would suggest the Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming and the MSI Gaming X version. I would steer clear of the Asus Strix since it's overpriced for what it is. (Don't mind if it's on a good deal.)

EVGA ACX 3.0 is not bad too if you can find a good deal on it.

9 hours ago, budgetguy said:

will the EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Superclocked Gaming 6 GB GDDR5 Memory PCI Express 3 do as good sins that is the cheapest one at amazon uk

The EVGA SC is great, like I said just about any cooler is good for the 1060. However I would suggest going for a cooler with 2 fans, not because the SC won't keep it cool, but more fans will be very quiet. Don't get the MSi Gaming X since that just has a slightly higher factory overclock than the Gaming.