Infinite Warfare PC player population

I noticed on the Steam Stats page that Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare looks like it's having a rough time on PC. As of this post, the peak is only 9,000 players so far, and the current is only about 6,000. I know these aren't exactly peak hours, but I've checked a few times in the past few days and I don't think I've ever seen the peak over about 15,000.

I'm surprised no one seems to be talking about this on either the forum nor in the gaming media. The reviews and player reception are mixed (as always for a CoD release), but I don't think I've ever seen CoD do so poorly in the charts so soon after launch. Am I missing something here?

From what heard they got something like 50% less sales, so that is not much of surprise.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Good. Maybe this scourge of an FPS will go away forever. Seriously, how many times can you rehash the same game?  Literally ruined SP WWI/WWII shooters for me. (And yes, I know the more modern ones are... more modern, that doesn't change my view on them.)

7 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Good. Maybe this scourge of an FPS will go away forever. Seriously, how many times can you rehash the same game?  Literally ruined SP WWI/WWII shooters for me. (And yes, I know the more modern ones are... more modern, that doesn't change my view on them.)

I agree with you here with hashing the same game with just different maps and settings. See a guy, shoot, kill, level up. I like survival games because IMO, randomly generated maps beat any COD map any day of the week. Now if COD did that where maps are different every time? Wouldnt that be something? Procedural Generated COD maps? Then nobody can get familiar with just 1 map and dominate by knowing all the spawns, ammo drops, etc.

This is the first cod I have skipped since I have been playing. I started with MW2.
If/when they release the standalone remastered version, I will buy that for sure.
If infinite warfare comes down to about £15 on g2a I may grab it then for the zombies, not sure though, seems really shit this year.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

17 hours ago, corrado33 said:

I think Call of Duty gets a lot of unfair criticism for not changing, from kill streaks to new perks to new movement systems. They constantly try and add new things that just change it up a bit. For example in the new campaign they added flying in space. There is also an ability to hack enemy robots so you can control them for a bit. Even if you don't think the new elements they add are fun I just don't think that claiming they have not attempted to evolve the series is true

Whereas lets say battlefield 1 on the other-hand which the community loves does just feel like a re-skin, even when they attempted to mix it up and go to a new time period.

Just a popular, get on the CoD hate train going on I feel.

17 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

See a guy, shoot, kill, level up

So you think the only way they can innovate on the series is by changing the genre?

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

4 hours ago, Rupe said:

Even if you don't think the new elements they add are fun I just don't think that claiming they have not attempted to evolve the series is true

CoD sold millions upon millions based on their established formula. As much as a minority cries for change, it's repeating that formula that allows Activision to print money. The CoD games that have tried the most "drastic" changes are the ones the community seems to dislike the most.

They've clearly made attempts to please those asking for innovation, but what I hear over and over from the critics I follow is that the new features never really amount to much. They never push them into a direction that drastically changes the gameplay, and most of the time these mechanics are already being done better in other games. But as I said above, why would they innovate? Sales numbers and community feedback seems to indicate that the majority don't actually want that.

And yes, while I am a Battlefield player and haven't touched CoD since Call of Duty 2, it is perfectly fair to criticize Battlefield for a similar lack of innovation.

10 minutes ago, typographie said:

CoD sold millions upon millions based on their established formula. As much as a minority cries for change, it's repeating that formula that allows Activision to print money. The CoD games that have tried the most "drastic" changes are the ones the community seems to dislike the most.

They've clearly made attempts to please those asking for innovation, but what I hear over and over from the critics I follow is that the new features never really amount to much. They never push them into a direction that drastically changes the gameplay, and most of the time these mechanics are already being done better in other games. But as I said above, why would they innovate? Sales numbers and community feedback seems to indicate that the majority don't actually want that.

And yes, while I am a Battlefield player and haven't touched CoD since Call of Duty 2, it is perfectly fair to criticize Battlefield for a similar lack of innovation.

By asking a company to change there 'Core Formula' your essentially asking them to make a completely different game. Most game series are very recognizable from one to the next because that's what makes it that game series! Whether its Gears Of War, Halo, Civ etc...

But around their core mechanics they have mixed things up. Its totally fair game to criticize the game I just wish people would do it with more specificity (i have my fair share of complaints) but they can't because they're not actually playing the game and if they were playing they would realize that it is different and there not just making the same game each year.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

On 11/11/2016 at 9:31 AM, Rupe said:

By asking a company to change there 'Core Formula' your essentially asking them to make a completely different game. Most game series are very recognizable from one to the next because that's what makes it that game series! Whether its Gears Of War, Halo, Civ etc...

But around their core mechanics they have mixed things up. Its totally fair game to criticize the game I just wish people would do it with more specificity (i have my fair share of complaints) but they can't because they're not actually playing the game and if they were playing they would realize that it is different and there not just making the same game each year.

The game is the same. Always. Just different maps, weapon designs, etc. Shoot, kill, level up as another guy said. If the maps could actually change, that would be something. Like people wont be able to get used to one map as i said earlier. I never liked the COD games. Never had the means to buy an xbox or ps. ive played enough COD on friends consoles. They agree. the game should change. Its the same for every release. except as i said, different maps and weapon designs

1 hour ago, ZeusXI said:

The game is the same. Always. Just different maps, weapon designs, etc. Shoot, kill, level up as another guy said. If the maps could actually change, that would be something. Like people wont be able to get used to one map as i said earlier. I never liked the COD games. Never had the means to buy an xbox or ps. ive played enough COD on friends consoles. They agree. the game should change. Its the same for every release. except as i said, different maps and weapon designs

I understand if you don't like CoD. Thats absolutally fine. Of course there is a core to the game that is the same, that's what makes it CoD and if your bored of that core game play don't play the game that's fine. I'm no big CoD lover i spend far more time playing Counter Strike and I have many criticisms of CoD, but them keeping the game the same for each iteration is not one of them. You have not addressed what I have said about the specific changes. The movement changes with the jetpacks is probably the most notable change. Sure you might not like it but you cannot deny its a big change to the game play. You say you played the most recent games at friends houses but I have to question whether you're not just saying that to strengthen your argument because you failed to address my argument with the examples i gave of game play changes.

If you had played the game for any reasonable amount of time you would of noticed the changes yourself. Yes its a first person shooter and as with most first person shooters you shoot, kill and level up that does not mean there are not other aspects to the game play. Just frustrating you basically repeated what the other guy said and avoided my argument entirely.  

I noticed that they made people buy me remastered with infinite warfare so sales wouldnt be low

Microsoft is giving refunds for this game due to the low population on the windows store version, they blamed Activision making the game separate player pools when they could have combined them.  Sounds fishy to me can't see why they'd go out of their way to make them separate unless something to do with microsofts store made it a hassle.  What whatever I stopped buying call of duty when they added jet packs and wall running.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump