The sound of an AMD R9 290X reference GPU cooler at 100% fan speed...

MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!!!  :(

No but seriously this is unacceptable I would be willing to pay an extra 25-35 dollars for a cooler as good and sexy as the stock titan, 780, and 770 coolers. Step your game up AMD this is not "high end" quality.

The aftermarket cooler claims of 20+% cooling will most likely be proven or disproven with this 290x, plus that new OC panel.

I'm hopeful for aftermarket coolers to be adequate for higher clocks on average,.... less dethrottle.

Compare older similar TDP level reference and aftermarket cooling differences,.. Hopefully much of the same happens.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I doubt it would really go to 100% during a normal gaming load. Besides no one really buys stock amd cards unless they are going to water cool them or buy them at launch.

Problem is...there aren't any non-reference cards and probably won't be in the near future.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I am so glad I have a water block on order lol...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

you are both wrong (and a little bit right), the base of the log for perceived volume is about 10.

you have to differ between sound pressure (base 3), sound intensity (base 6) and loudness level (base 10)

I never said perceived. The video has an A-weighted measurement. That is what i'm going off of lol.

PSU AX850 Processor 3930k @ 4.2  Motherboard Asus x79 Sabertooth Ram Gskill Ripjaw Z 32gb 2133Mhz GPU EVGA GTX 780 reference HDD 128gb Samsung 840 Pro Monitor Asus pb278q Case 800d Cooler H100i Audio Interface Mbox mini Monitors JBL LSR305's

But it pushes quite alot of air as it was blowing the paper quite a bit. Hope that this heatsink will be good enough to not have the fan speed turned up high.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer