How to order stuff online?

orangecat

I have bought stuff online before but it was because my parents had a credit card or whatever to use. I am 18 years old and i don't have any sort of card at all. Basically i use paper money for everything right now. Basically I'm just asking about what methods can i use to pay for stuff online. Also are there any limits on how much things can cost?

I have bought stuff online before but it was because my parents had a credit card or whatever to use. I am 18 years old and i don't have any sort of card at all. Basically i use paper money for everything right now. Basically I'm just asking about what methods can i use to pay for stuff online. Also are there any limits on how much things can cost?

Buying Pre-paid cards is the only way I know of

Back from the dead....

Buy a prepaid visa

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I use Vanilla Visa prepaid cards that I get at a CVS Pharmacy (dont know if theyre in Canada)

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Prepaid credit cards if you don't mind writing off a few cents when you run out, or in worst case a few dollars. If you don't have a credit card, he next best thing is to use a debit card or link your bank account to Paypal. If your online e-tailer accepts Interac, then you can use the debit card directly.

I suggest the Paypal as it's imo the most secure.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

AFAIK you can also make a bank transaction and once the money has arrived your stuff will be sent out. But usually takes a few days extra since the money has to be transfered, which for some reason is usually 4 days, eventhough an eBanking transaction is instant lawl.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

prepaid visa, or do what I did for a little while, give parents the money and order it with their card.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

prepaid visa, or do what I did for a little while, give parents the money and order it with their card.

I would like to be able to do it myself since i am an adult now also i want this setup for later on to.

I would like to be able to do it myself since i am an adult now also i want this setup for later on to.

Since you're of age, it'd probably be easier for you to link a bank account to paypal and get it verified. Most major e-tailers accept paypal nowadays anyways.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1. Bike to a CVS.

2. Buy a prepaid card.

3. Use it.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

We don't have CVS in Canada.

Fu*king Obama... grumble*

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I use Vanilla Visa prepaid cards that I get at a CVS Pharmacy (dont know if theyre in Canada)

Actually visa vanilla cards don't work. I think there is something like greendot money pack which I think can be used online or to fund PayPal

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Make a temporary electronic VISA/Mastercard through your bank; It's instant, safe and works just like any regular card—If your bank supports it, that is...

Cheers,

Linus

buy on of these they are awesome 

woops din't know it was canada :/ sorry

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Actually visa vanilla cards don't work. I think there is something like greendot money pack which I think can be used online or to fund PayPal

for online purchases you need to register your zip code i think, not sure

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

for online purchases you need to register your zip code i think, not sure

if you are talking about the vanilla card, then its not possible (unless i bought the wrong one). I tried to get one to buy a xbox 360 wireless controller adaptor off newegg but it wouldn't work and had to settle for a logitech controller :(  .

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

They work for me with no problem.  All I have to do it put the zip code on the visa website.

if you are talking about the vanilla card, then its not possible (unless i bought the wrong one). I tried to get one to buy a xbox 360 wireless controller adaptor off newegg but it wouldn't work and had to settle for a logitech controller :(  .

I've only used mine on Newegg and I've had no problem

Avoid banks with idiotic "service fees" for "free" checking.

I've only used mine on Newegg and I've had no problem

darn i wish i were on this forum in january >.<

Delltopia

since you are 18, i would just go to a bank and set up a debit card account (not credit).

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I suggest the Paypal as it's imo the most secure.

But by no means must you ever fuck up in any way with your accounts, purchases or anything else. Paypal customer service is horrendous.