Thoughts on new AMD lineup?

As the title suggests, I would like to hear your thoughts on the new upcoming AMD lineup? AM4 and Vega.
Personally, I think with Vega, AMD is going to truly make a comeback in the market for GPUs and AM4 is looking absolutely fantastic.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Would "to drunk to remember" be a good answer to this post?

I accidentally posted this to the wrong area. I need to move it to Off-Topic ._.

Also why I changed the name of it. I'd really rather just delete the entire thread, but I can't.

Why is the actual title different to the one listed in Recent topics?

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Dargenfire said:

Why is the actual title different to the one listed in Recent topics?

It isn't anymore. Thankfully it updated. I posted it to the wrong area which is why I changed it. I'm too tired for this.

1 minute ago, BlueWiszard said:

I accidentally posted this to the wrong area. I need to move it to Off-Topic ._.

Also why I changed the name of it. I'd really rather just delete the entire thread, but I can't.

lol.

Now my post looks weird and im too lazy to fix it.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AMDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

lol.

Now my post looks weird and im too lazy to fix it.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AMDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

To be honest, it kinda works. You're too drunk to remember your thoughts on the topic. I have you covered fam.

Jokes aside though, I'm really excited to see where it's going to lead the industry. Mostly because competition is healthy and partly due to me being tired of the Intel/Nvidia master card. I'd like to see some diversity again.

Just now, BlueWiszard said:

To be honest, it kinda works. You're too drunk to remember your thoughts on the topic. I have you covered fam.

I drink to forget

AYYYMD

Is it out yet? Thats why you are asking?

Because if its not out yet then no ones knows.

No 1 knows except the ones working on it so nothing can be done now except hope that they manage to produce something that is comparable to intel/ Nvidia 

My hunch is they will make significant improvements and that they will be "good" products with reasonable prices *cough* Intel *cough* but ultimately, I don't believe they will de-throne the current top products from Intel and Nvidia, unfortunately. It's possible and I hope they do well, but my hopes and expectations are not too high. We'll just have to wait and see. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I'm personally just waiting to see their products in the real world and getting benchmarks by independent reviewers before i make a decision.  AMD, and their fanboys, have hyped up previous launches in the past; and then we got lackluster products that were delayed.

Now i will admit that i've never owned an AMD product, or even ATI, and i even own stock in Intel.

However i do root for AMD because they are basically the only company that has a chance in forcing both Intel and Nvidia into producing more than just marginal gains every product generation. 

Competition is always good for consumers. 

9 hours ago, BlueWiszard said:

As the title suggests, I would like to hear your thoughts on the new upcoming AMD lineup? AM4 and Vega.
Personally, I think with Vega, AMD is going to truly make a comeback in the market for GPUs and AM4 is looking absolutely fantastic.

I am too young to remember those times though i understand market statics and i can say if AMD gets it right this time aroune d nVidia And Intel would have to cut prizes (just to be Competitive ) 

Say the Bristol Range 8 core Competes with 6900k (performance wise) and costs about $ 700 (vs $1000 for 6900k)then intel would have to drop the prize for 6900k (and by extension 6950X and every other CPU) 

8 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Is it out yet? Thats why you are asking?

Because if its not out yet then no ones knows.

It isn't out, but I'm asking what peoples thoughts are that are leading up to them. AM4 is just around the corner, anyway, so it's exciting to hear what other people are thinking about it (even if they despise AMD and everything they stand for)

12 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Thoughts on rumors and speculation?

Can one not be excited and have thoughts based off of what information is released?

to put it into one word : "neat"

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

On 11/2/2016 at 8:36 AM, BlueWiszard said:

I can't see AMD making a comeback in the GPU market because it doesn't need a comeback in the GPU market: it has, and it always had, perfectly placed products in the market. Unless by comeback you mean who has the card scoring the highest in a given benchmark, but that's something I hardly care about, and ultimately irrelevant for the (branch of the) company well-being. 

On the other hand, they urgently need to change the "Which (Intel) CPU should you buy" landscape. Again, they don't need a game-changer CPU for that, but they do need to have products to intercalate in Intel's current price-quality ladder.

I'd dare to say this: after revisiting the basics of Industrial Organization (a field of Economics), we could probably measure Zen's success in the mainstream market by the retail demise of i5s (OEM mainstream, enthusiast and servers are different stories).