WikiLeaks: Google's Eric Schmidt Collaborates With Clinton Campaign Team to Use the Cloud as Voter Information Aggregation Tool

Just now, maulemall said:

How much are your rates going up next year... I hear as much as 200% for some

Think it's 68%.  It's enough for me to start looking in to the Sovereign Pseudo-Legal code to not only cease paying my federal taxes, but also get out of the penalties of getting off Obamacare.  Even when I transfer back over to private insurance, I have to pay fees through the marketplace.  Sovereign legal code is -great-, because it just overwhelms lawyers, and they normally give up and can't do their jobs.  It's also complete nonsense so federal courts themselves can't deal with it.  Can legitimately get out of paying federal taxes, but got to resubmit thousands of documents, but you can just mass print them out, spend a day doing it and then submit them every year.

32 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

There's plenty of propaganda on both sides.  A system which forces the constituency to choose between two terrible options creates this false dichotomy of good cop, bad cop.

Lincoln and Washington would be considered left in comparison to modern-day neocons.  In contemporary politics, the line between left and right politicians has all but merged.  It's the will of corporations versus everyone else (oligarchy).

I think differently as I am a conservative and support every bit of the constitution they created.

Conservatives were the ones who got Lincoln  through and even in modern day Conservatives are what got civil rights through for Johnson.

29 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Think it's 68%.  It's enough for me to start looking in to the Sovereign Pseudo-Legal code to not only cease paying my federal taxes, but also get out of the penalties of getting off Obamacare.  Even when I transfer back over to private insurance, I have to pay fees through the marketplace.  Sovereign legal code is -great-, because it just overwhelms lawyers, and they normally give up and can't do their jobs.  It's also complete nonsense so federal courts themselves can't deal with it.  Can legitimately get out of paying federal taxes, but got to resubmit thousands of documents, but you can just mass print them out, spend a day doing it and then submit them every year.

I thank God every day for my time in the Corps. My healthcare isn't great but the VA has covered a half million for me in the last couple years.

I think differently as I am a conservative and support every bit of the constitution they created.

Conservatives were the ones who got Lincoln  through and even in modern day Conservatives are what got civil rights through for Johnson.

In the day of Lincoln, Democrats and Republicans were essentially the exact opposite of what they are now.

Also, debates were very organic.  There was no moderator and they often took place in the town square.  Questions were not given in advance, nor was the event orchestrated by a giant corporate entity.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Just now, Michael McAllister said:

In the day of Lincoln, Democrats and Republicans were essentially the exact opposite of what they are now.

Also, debates were very organic.  There was no moderator and they often took place in the town square.  Questions were not given in advance, nor was the event orchestrated by a giant corporate entity.

Absolutely 100 percent false. A false narrative put out by democrats to try to deny the Klan, Jim Crowe George Wallace Harry Byrd and hillery Clinton.

100 percent BS.

5 minutes ago, maulemall said:

I thank God every day for my time in the Corps. My healthcare isn't great but the VA has covered a half million for me in the last couple years.

You're a conservative in favor of single-payer healthcare then?  Rare to hear that.  Awesome!

6 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

You're a conservative in favor of single-payer healthcare then?  Rare to hear that.  Awesome!

again a false narrative. I earned my health care just like EVERY other service man or woman. Bought and paid for with my body and MY blood.

Let me know when you are ready to bleed for your country.

When you do the govt pays for it.

1 minute ago, maulemall said:

Absolutely 100 percent false. A false narrative put out by democrats to try to deny the Klan, Jim Crowe George Wallace Harry Byrd and hillery Clinton.

100 percent BS.

How is that BS?  Back in the day, the Democrats did indeed try to appeal to racist white southern voters so where do we disagree?

How is that BS?  Back in the day, the Democrats did indeed try to appeal to racist white southern voters so where do we disagree?

It's BS because you are spreading a LIE as truth. I don't know if it's just your ignorance of actual facts or if you think you can propagate the lie but to those of us with actual knowledge and facts won't buy your bull.

again a false narrative. I earned my health care just like EVERY other service man or woman. Bought and paid for with my body and MY blood.

Let me know when you are ready to bleed for your country.

The Veterans Administration is a government-funded program which is paid for by tax dollars.  It is a single-payer program in that the government funds it.  Medicare is also government-funded.  Where's the disagreement here?

The Veterans Administration is a government-funded program which is paid for by tax dollars.  It is a single-payer program in that the government funds it.  Medicare is also government-funded.  Where's the disagreement here?

I am 100 percent disabled from my time in.

I am 100 percent disabled from my time in.

Again, it doesn't seem like we disagree.  The VA is an excellent program that deserves more funding.

Again, it doesn't seem like we disagree.  The VA is an excellent program that deserves more funding.

We do disagree. I have paid for my health care just not in cash.

The VA gets PLENTY of money they just piss it away on bullshit (A million for a rock and another 700.000.00 for shitty artwork) and bonuses for people who have caused the deaths of MANY Veterans.

WE as veterans would be better treated by private healthcare.

51 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Holy crap... the crap in this thread...

On Topic:  Nothing wrong with this, other than the data was stolen to begin with.  Sounds like part of a prospective business arrangement, mid stream.

Dindu Nuffin!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Take those shit stained glasses off man.  There are emails with bad things in them, this is not one of them.

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Take those shit stained glasses off man.  There are emails with bad things in them, this is not one of them.

Can you name which ones you consider "bad things" then? Because yes I consider shit like Saudi Arabia donating to the Clinton Foundation directly and the Goldmand Sach speeches worst but I wouldn't say, to quote myself, this is "Dindu Nuffin!" either.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, maulemall said:

We do disagree. I have paid for my health care just not in cash.

The VA gets PLENTY of money they just piss it away on bullshit (A million for a rock and another 700.000.00 for shitty artwork) and bonuses for people who have caused the deaths of MANY Veterans.

WE as veterans would be better treated by private healthcare.

I can only speak from my experience.  Medicare in its current form isn't great but at least I can get the care I need.  When I was younger and on my parents private insurance, they tried every excuse in the book not to pay for care, or they would only cover part of it and not the rest, effectively making treatment impossible.

When there is a profit motive to deny coverage, the patient suffers.  What you have noted is a government bureaucracy that largely takes its marching orders from private interests—pharmaceutical companies, fossil fuel industries, defense contractors, and on it goes.  These industries have no incentive to care about the people they harm because the end goal is to make profit.

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

I do not believe this particular email chain is the worst offender, but it does show the power structure between the tech industry and government.  Other emails are certainly far worse but are not appropriate for this forum.

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

Can you name which ones you consider "bad things" then? Because yes I consider shit like Saudi Arabia donating to the Clinton Foundation directly and the Goldmand Sach speeches worst but I wouldn't say, to quote myself, this is "Dindu Nuffin!" either.

You are correct, but those particular emails are not relevant to this forum.

I can only speak from my experience.  Medicare in its current form isn't great but at least I can get the care I need.  When I was younger and on my parents private insurance, they tried every excuse in the book not to pay for care, or they would only cover part of it and not the rest, effectively making treatment impossible.

When there is a profit motive to deny coverage, the patient suffers.  What you have noted is a government bureaucracy that largely takes its marching orders from private interests—pharmaceutical companies, fossil fuel industries, defense contractors, and on it goes.  These industries have no incentive to care about the people they harm because the end goal is to make profit.

Big Pharma has nothing to do with the VA.

Fossil fuels  ..Zero

Defense contractors and the VA. 0%

The Va is fucked by the government bureaucracy.  The Gov 100 percent and it's ineptitude.

We have people going hundreds of miles for doctors appointments.

That's the government protecting the bureaucracy at the discomfort and distress of the people who got this way doing the governments bidding.

Veterans should have the exact same health care as the House, Senate and the president

Big Pharma has nothing to do with the VA.

Fossil fuels  ..Zero

Defense contractors and the VA. 0%

The Va is fucked by the government bureaucracy.  The Gov 100 percent and it's ineptitude.

We have people going hundreds of miles for doctors appointments.

That's the government protecting the bureaucracy at the discomfort and distress of the people who got this way doing the governments bidding.

Veterans should have the exact same health care as the House, Senate and the president

Where you think senators and congressmen get all of their campaign donations from?

Where you think senators and congressmen get all of their campaign donations from?

None of it has any bearing on the VA and our healthcare.

ZERO

1 hour ago, maulemall said:

Because he is the worst President this country has ever had.

that's a bit of an exaggeration. I understand some people don't like him or what he's done but WORST? ehhh

None of it has any bearing on the VA and our healthcare.

ZERO

So if a congressman gets a ton of money from Lockheed Martin or GE, where is the incentive to provide better healthcare?  If you're old and broken, those companies can just push you aside and recruit younger soldiers.

Just now, bobhays said:

that's a bit of an exaggeration. I understand some people don't like him or what he's done but WORST? ehhh

I stand by that. Worse than Carter and that's saying a LOT.

I stand by that. Worse than Carter and that's saying a LOT.

All I'm saying is he's most likely better than what we've got for the next 4

1 minute ago, Michael McAllister said:

So if a congressman gets a ton of money from Lockheed Martin or GE, where is the incentive to provide better healthcare?  If you're old and broken, those companies can just push you aside and recruit younger soldiers.

You don't understand the VA.

If it got any worse there wouldn't be a VA healthcare.

The ones being paid off are the guys running the VA but they are getting paid off by Obama through bonuses.

Even the ones that were caught falsifying documents that cost lives of the people that were supposed to be getting care.

Just now, bobhays said:

All I'm saying is he's most likely better than what we've got for the next 4

I used to think that way but like I said earlier I think trump can be reigned in. PLUS he doesn't have that many friends in congress so no one will be running to give him what he wants.

To the original topic:

As a product i think it is just fine, and i can see why a campaign would be interested in having their information pooled in one location.  However as a product it needs to be available to all politicians and political parties with the ability to segregate data one collects from another. 

I dislike how Eric Schmidt automatically advocated paying the workers a low wage and then translating them elsewhere expecting them to obtain their own room and board.

1 hour ago, Wrb said:

How, everything I've heard he has done seems good? I'm not too into US politics, all I see is what UK media says of him.

If the media has a political bias then the person they are reporting on will either be an Angel or a Devil. 

Obama isnt the worst, but he is also far from the best.  A lot of his "accomplishments" would have occurred without him.  

The ACA "Obamacare" helps a lot of people, but also screws over a lot of people. Which were kind of how things were before it so its hard to tell if things are "better" or not. Some metrics yes, but others not so much.

Syria is screwed because of him.  He took an anti-assad stance from day 1 and has provided assistance to the anti-assad rebels; who are allies with ISIS, Al-qaeda, and other organizations.  

Reporters & Whistle blowers: His administration has taken a very hard stance against both.  Reporters have been subject to searches and surveilance for minor level stuff.   Whistleblowers have been punished, which is a crime, for reporting governmental wrong doing.  For instance the guy who blew the whistle on the ATF's gun running program was terminated for "poor performance" even though he just had a review that he passed with flying colors.

My overall opinion on him is "Meh" which is what my overall opinion of Bush was.  

1 hour ago, ivan134 said:

He's a right wing winger. You're not going to get facts of him or anything based on reality. He's the equivalent of the people in your country who sided with Brexit.

Left wingers and Right Wingers because in the same manner.  Facts when it suits them and hyperbole when it doesn't. 

48 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

Lincoln and Washington would be considered left in comparison to modern-day neocons.  

I hear this sort of stuff a lot, but it's not true in the slightest.  Both political parties have gradually moved left over the years.  Strong religious beliefs, fear of government, opposition to gay marriage, opposition to abortion were pretty much the standard on both sides.  

Even in more recent times you can see the gradual shift leftward.  JFK would be considered a Center-right conservative by today's standards for instance. 

20 minutes ago, maulemall said:

We do disagree.

Even though you did earn your healthcare by serving that doesn't change the fact that it's still a single payer funded system operated by a government agency.