Linus' Personal Laptop

Anyone know which Razer Linus is using? I'm curious because I'm trying to get a laptop for school. Also since Linus had always used the Dell XPS line is there a reason he switched even after giving a great review for the Dell XPS 15?

2 minutes ago, jasonwj322a said:

Anyone know which Razer Linus is using? I'm curious because I'm trying to get a laptop for school. Also since Linus had always used the Dell XPS line is there a reason he switched even after giving a great review for the Dell XPS 15?

I believe it's the Blade 14, and I haven't the slightest clue as to why he switched

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

Just now, Chaos Network said:

I believe it's the Blade 14, and I haven't the slightest clue as to why he switched

Just to confirm, regular Blade 14 or the stealth one? 

1 minute ago, jasonwj322a said:

-snip-

I believe he was upgrading to the New Stealth, but cant be sure about that.

Groomlake Authority

9 minutes ago, jasonwj322a said:

Just to confirm, regular Blade 14 or the stealth one? 

I think its the stealth.

It's a cherry picked model and shouldn't be something to consider if you're looking for a quality item from what I hear. :/ 

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

24 minutes ago, jasonwj322a said:

I'm curious because I'm trying to get a laptop for school.

If you got 3 thousand dollars, go for it :P Or go Apple, it costs the same :P 

What are you to be your needs in term of horsepower / battery life / screen / etc? 

29 minutes ago, jasonwj322a said:

I think he uses The New Razer Blade (2016).

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

The 4k one.

As to the reason why he switched from Dell XPS, maybe because of the better dedicated graphics and better battery life on the Blade 4K version compared to the XPS 15 4K version. Not completely certain that's the reason (don't kill me if it's not).

18 minutes ago, SilveriX said:

As to the reason why he switched from Dell XPS, maybe because of the better dedicated graphics and better battery life on the Blade 4K version compared to the XPS 15 4K version. Not completely certain that's the reason (don't kill me if it's not).

Its not.

The reason why he uses a Razer Blade is because it's free, runs Windows, cherry-picked and he doesn't game on it. For Linus it's a great laptop because Razer Cherry-Picked the living shit out of their Blades and gave the best one for Linus. Linus never games on the Blade so he doesn't push the shit cooling system. So for him it's just a black Macbook Pro running windows and proper drivers. He will never run into the two issues that people have with the blade which is QC and shit thermals. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

1 hour ago, Pendragon said:

Its not.

The reason why he uses a Razer Blade is because it's free, runs Windows, cherry-picked and he doesn't game on it. For Linus it's a great laptop because Razer Cherry-Picked the living shit out of their Blades and gave the best one for Linus. Linus never games on the Blade so he doesn't push the shit cooling system. So for him it's just a black Macbook Pro running windows and proper drivers. He will never run into the two issues that people have with the blade which is QC and shit thermals. 

So waiting and getting the 2017 Dell XPS 15 would be the best choice right? 

1 hour ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

If you got 3 thousand dollars, go for it :P Or go Apple, it costs the same :P 

What are you to be your needs in term of horsepower / battery life / screen / etc? 

Dont have 3,000$ and $2000 is the absolute maximum.The battery needs to be decent, screen really dont matter that much but having the 4k display on the xps 15 would be awesome. In terms of power being able to run pretty good graphic games and some demanding software. All which I think the Dell XPS 15 can handle.

1 hour ago, Imglidinhere said:

It's a cherry picked model and shouldn't be something to consider if you're looking for a quality item from what I hear. :/ 

Really not sure since Ive never own any Razer products. 

As for the XPS 15 Im thinking about the 4k touch display, 16 gb of ram, intel i7, and the 500gb ssd

5 minutes ago, LoveGamers said:

The new 13 inch Alienware came out today. You can fool around with the configurations and get something under $2k that will be able to play games and have decent battery life. 

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/alienware-13-laptop?~ck=bt

Im really only looking for 14 inches to 15 inches since 13 inches seems too small for me. Thanks though!

I have a friend in the same class as mine and he owns the dell xps 13. The only thing I like over my MacBook is the bezels almost non-existent. 

2 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

I have a friend in the same class as mine and he owns the dell xps 13. The only thing I like over my MacBook is the bezels almost non-existent. 

Are you in college? I prefer the Dell XPS 15 because it has more power and also bigger screen which will come in handy. You mention the bezels are the "only thing" you like about it over your MacBook. Is there a reason for that?

1 minute ago, jasonwj322a said:

Are you in college? I prefer the Dell XPS 15 because it has more power and also bigger screen which will come in handy. You mention the bezels are the "only thing" you like about it over your MacBook. Is there a reason for that?

I'm in College, yeah :) Well, I already own a "gaming" laptop so my idea was to get something ultra portable with an excellent battery life, that's why I went with the MacBook Air 13. It has 10 hours + when I study on it with brightness at 50%, but the bezels make it look like a PC that came out straight from 2009. 

1 minute ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

I'm in College, yeah :) Well, I already own a "gaming" laptop so my idea was to get something ultra portable with an excellent battery life, that's why I went with the MacBook Air 13. It has 10 hours + when I study on it with brightness at 50%, but the bezels make it look like a PC that came out straight from 2009. 

Oh I get it now, but yea the macbook definitely takes the cake for battery life.

2 minutes ago, jasonwj322a said:

Oh I get it now, but yea the macbook definitely takes the cake for battery life.

Take a look at the Dell Inspiron 7559 (the new one). It's pretty cheap and packs pretty powerful components