Aftermarket cooler for reference RX 480

I was wondering if there are any aftermarket coolers for a reference RX 480, it could be liquid cooling or air. I don't want an ugly ghetto hybrid cooler and it must go with my red and black theme.

Just now, k4har said:

I was wondering if there are any aftermarket coolers for a reference RX 480, it could be liquid cooling or air. I don't want an ugly ghetto hybrid cooler and it must go with my red and black theme.

EK has water block for the card. But you need a custom loop or an expandable AIO to use it.

On 10/31/2016 at 8:00 AM, Aytex said:

Just get the msg rx 480, its black/red

So right. Sell the reference card and get the MSI one. Probably ends up less expensive than buying an aftermarket cooler for the reference card.

On 10/31/2016 at 8:03 AM, The Belgian Waffle said:

Since it's an AMD card, you'd probably need something like that : 

Better than EVGA Nvidia card that actually explodes. :)

massive-nuclear-explosion.jpg

I dont want a different card because this one is a really good overclocker at low voltages. So interested in a new cooler that doesn't need a loop.

1 hour ago, k4har said:

I dont want a different card because this one is a really good overclocker at low voltages. So interested in a new cooler that doesn't need a loop.

I see your dilemma. Unfortunately there is no easy solution. There are some universal GPU coolers that look like hack.

I have a Sapphire Nitro. It's a very good overclocker but runs hot. I end up using an universal water block and an expandable AIO(also cool the CPU). Just finished the installation. Now doing the leak test, before I fire the system up.

Arctic, Alpenfoehn and Rajintek do make aftermarket GPU coolers. They are all rather massive, since they aim for silence and cooling performance rather than looks. You could also check if NZXT already adapted the Kraken X10 to fit to the RX480 and fit it with a cheap 120mm AIO

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

I think the Kraken X10 looks the best, you can get it in black or red. I could just buy that and a cheap AIO as you said. Do you know if the X10 comes with VRM heatsinks i dont want to overheat them.

On 10/31/2016 at 6:12 PM, Speakerator said:

Arctic, Alpenfoehn and Rajintek do make aftermarket GPU coolers. They are all rather massive, since they aim for silence and cooling performance rather than looks. You could also check if NZXT already adapted the Kraken X10 to fit to the RX480 and fit it with a cheap 120mm AIO

Cant seem to find a Kracken X10 anywhere or on their website, do you have a link for it?

36 minutes ago, k4har said:

Cant seem to find a Kracken X10 anywhere or on their website, do you have a link for it?

Probably a typo. G10 is what you're looking for.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

10 hours ago, Pohernori said:

Probably a typo. G10 is what you're looking for.

Great i'll look into it.

Looks like the kraken g10 fits in a really weird way the fan would be upside down so it would be hanging of the edge, anyone know any AIO that would fit the GPU don't really care about how it looks now but the kraken looks stupid. I could just fit AIO to the GPU and i already have a fan on top the GPU, so i could just put heatsinks on the VRM and memory modules.