BSOD Boot Loop, tried everything I can think of. Booting from USB Stick also gives a Blue Screen

Hi guys, I'm in desperate need of help. This is my first time here, and probably my last attempt to get an answer to this, after spending literally all day on it, sorry if there's something wrong with the thread.

Last night, I was on my PC for about 30min when I got home after work, when I suddenly got a BSOD. I don't remember which error code it was, as I didn't think much of it. The problem is, it never worked again. It's stuck on a loop of BSODs with different error codes. Sometimes I get the windows logo with the message "Starting Automatic Repair" but after a few seconds it just bsods again.

The codes I got so far are the following:

• Page Fault In None Paged Area
  • IRQL Not Less Or Equal
  • Memory Managment
  • System Thread Exception Not Handled
  • Driver Corrupted Expool

My specs are:

• MSI z170a Gaming Pro
  • Intel i7 6700k @ 4Ghz
  • 2x8Gb DDR4@2133Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb SSD
  • WD Blue 1Tb HDD
  • MSI R9 390
  • Seasonic S12II 620W PSU
  • Windows 10 x64

The SSD is my windows drive. I haven't OC'd anything yet but I attached a screenshot that shows the general voltages.

Here's what I've tried so far, in order:

• Remove GPU, boot with integrated graphics.
  • Boot with only one of the two memory sticks (once for each stick), and tried in different slots
  • Reset BIOS
  • Unsucessfully tried to boot from a USB pen, created with the MS tool, with the hope of getting into safe mode. Tried different USB ports, can't seem to be able to boot from it despite it being recognized by the BIOS in both UEFI and Legacy
  • Boot with no peripherals connected
  • Boot with the HDD disconnected
  • Created a bootable drive with Rufus and a Windows ISO. It seems I was finally able to boot from it, but got a bsod seconds after the windows logo appeared
  • Disconnected SSD and booted from pen drive again.
  • Connected SSD to my laptop through a 2.5 external hdd case, managed to get the only .dmp file generated yesterday at the time of the first error. Here's a screenshot of BlueScreenViewer.
  • After messing with the integrated graphics and boot settings again, I managed to enter windows in safe mode and unninstalled graphics drivers
  • Managed to get into windows normally, but for less than a minute
  • Can't install updated drivers on safe mode, AMD tool gives out an error with detection driver.
  • Managed to format the ssd through the usb pen, but as soon as it rebooted after the installation, got a BSOD any way. Needless to say, installation wasn't completed, so Windows is gone now.
  • Disconnected everything, and reset bios again. It posts.
  • Connected HDD, it posts, asks me for proper boot device, as it should.
  • Disconnected HDD, connected an old 2.5 Sata HDD from a laptop. Asks for boot device, ok.
  • Tried once again to format through pen using various methods of creating a bootable pen, and with different windows versions (10 and 8.1). WITHOUT the SSD or GPU connected.

All of these steps did nothing to solve my issue.

I honestly don't know what else to do. I hadn't installed any software, drivers (although I got the message telling me there were some AMD drivers available to download) or hardware immediatly before this problem occured.

Would really appreciate any help to solve this. Thanks.

QSnbg1H.png

I can tell you that it is in some way Ram related to do with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Blue screens. Probably a faulty stick or pair of sticks (sometimes certain sticks dont work well together)

You said that you used a drive from a laptop to see if that drive would work and it asked for a boot device. Can you plug your SSD into that laptop and see if it works?

So now that you have done so many things you can take it to a repair shop like NCIX to fix it, get a new motherboard or get new RAM sticks. Those are all the things that I know of that can display such a thing. 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

Well, first off, welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your problems with this.

OK, this probably won't be an easy fix, it will take time to narrow down what/where the problem is.

Have you got access to another PC/laptop?

If so, can you download a linux live build such as https://elementary.io/

Use rufus to make a bootable USB and then F11 force boot it... just want to see if you get the same problems with linux, I suspect you possibly might, but it's worth a shot.

Another thing to try is, get a RAM stick from a friend if possible and try that in the system with nothing else except the SSD you want to install to... it could be a RAM problem, it's a matter of narrowing down things it could be.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

5 minutes ago, Whizzp said:

I can tell you that it is in some way Ram related to do with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Blue screens. Probably a faulty stick or pair of sticks (sometimes certain sticks dont work well together)

You said that you used a drive from a laptop to see if that drive would work and it asked for a boot device. Can you plug your SSD into that laptop and see if it works?

I did, I connected it through the 2.5 External case I have, and it worked fine.

5 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

So now that you have done so many things you can take it to a repair shop like NCIX to fix it, get a new motherboard or get new RAM sticks. Those are all the things that I know of that can display such a thing. 

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that tomorrow (It's night here). I'll take it to the store where I got the parts from, since they're all still in warranty. I just figured It wouldn't hurt to post it here anyway, in case I was missing something.

4 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Well, first off, welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your problems with this.

OK, this probably won't be an easy fix, it will take time to narrow down what/where the problem is.

Have you got access to another PC/laptop?

If so, can you download a linux live build such as https://elementary.io/

Use rufus to make a bootable USB and then F11 force boot it... just want to see if you get the same problems with linux, I suspect you possibly might, but it's worth a shot.

Another thing to try is, get a RAM stick from a friend if possible and try that in the system with nothing else except the SSD you want to install to... it could be a RAM problem, it's a matter of narrowing down things it could be.

Thanks!

Yes, I do have a laptop, which I am writting this from.

I'm downloading that build, but it looks like it will take quite a few hours.

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on another stick of ddr4. But yes Ram was one of the first things I thought of, hence why I tested both sticks. I actually started a Memtest earlier, but It takes so long I ended up cancelling it to try other things... It did 1 pass with no errors.

2 minutes ago, MrFerrero said:

I did, I connected it through the 2.5 External case I have, and it worked fine.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that tomorrow (It's night here). I'll take it to the store where I got the parts from, since they're all still in warranty. I just figured It wouldn't hurt to post it here anyway, in case I was missing something.

Thanks!

Yes, I do have a laptop, which I am writting this from.

I'm downloading that build, but it looks like it will take quite a few hours.

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on another stick of ddr4. But yes Ram was one of the first things I thought of, hence why I tested both sticks. I actually started a Memtest earlier, but It takes so long I ended up cancelling it to try other things... It did 1 pass with no errors.

Sometimes it will pass anyway even if there are problems with the RAM... it's a shame about it taking so long for the download of the linux build, but at least it's a keeper for when you get the problems sorted as it's a great little build that's pretty user friendly. Let us know how you get on with it, and will try to help further if I can :)

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

dude i have never seen that many BSOD's!

:o

umm, well you adleast did what any normal person would do

looks like a hardware problem

maybe the MB, CPU, RAM, SSD or GPU

thats going to be hard to narrow down unless you have another desktop to test with

if you do great!

if not then it going to be a long day.....

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

Remove all memory except for 1 stick and put it in the slot closest to the CPU. Unplug ssd and try to boot to any live CD/DVD (like hiren's boot disc) and see if problem persists. If no, turn off system and install balance of memory, boot into hiren's disc and run memory test and report back.

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score