Do you change your ringtone?

IAmAndre

Hi,

I remember 10 years ago, the first thing I would do when I receive a new phone would be changing the ringtone, and some people would even pay money to get original ones. Today, many, if not most people (including me) keep the original ringtone and don't even worry about it. We'd rather customize other aspects of the phone like the wallpaper or buy a new case. So do you actually change your ringtone? If so, which one do you have at the moment?

my phone's always on vibrate because I can't stand the sound of ringtones and text tones

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I don't change my ringtone, my phone is always on vibrate or silent (usually vibrate)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Hell ya. 

My friend was in the play Oliver! last year and he had one line, which was to scream "Murder, Murder!"

Been my ringtone for the past year now.

.. though nobody calls me

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

My ringtone basically says ring and progressively gets louder until it starts screaming RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

7 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Hi,

I remember 10 years ago, the first thing I would do when I receive a new phone would be changing the ringtone, and some people would even pay money to get original ones. Today, many, if not most people (including me) keep the original ringtone and don't even worry about it. We'd rather customize other aspects of the phone like the wallpaper or buy a new case. So do you actually change your ringtone? If so, which one do you have at the moment?

My ringtone is different for each contact. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

My ringtone is different for each contact. 

You don't have many contacts do you?

No one ever calls me so I don't hear it often but I try to find the most basic ass ring I can. Who the hell wants to hear four seconds of a shitty song anyway?

My daily driver.

• CPU
    Intel i5 6600 K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • RAM
    16 Gig of G.Skill TridentZ Series 3000 Mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA 1070 FTW edition
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 Series 250GB for boot + WD 2TB Black
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 750W
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100 V2
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K 70 LUX
  • Mouse
    Corsair Raptor M45
  • PCPartPicker URL

3 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

You don't have many contacts do you?

I'll have you know that I have 4!

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

I just picked one of the default rings my phone offers so when I'm out I know if it's my phone or someone else's phone ringing. That's all I do.

i change it, always. usiually to some song by Area 11. right now i think i have The Contract as my ringtone

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I change my ringtone when I get a new phone and always make it the classic land line ringtone.

Before I got married, my ex's mom had her own ringtone, the Imperial March

I change all my ringtones. I laugh every time I'm out and hear the stock android whistle and see 6 people reach for their phones. For custom ringtones for contacts my closest friends and family get their own ring tones, maybe 1/3 of my contacts. Right now I have the theme song form Halloween as my default ringtone.

2 hours ago, MattW said:

I change all my ringtones. I laugh every time I'm out and hear the stock android whistle and see 6 people reach for their phones. For custom ringtones for contacts my closest friends and family get their own ring tones, maybe 1/3 of my contacts. Right now I have the theme song form Halloween as my default ringtone.

The same thing happens when an iPhone rings. That said, I think the whistle you are referring to is a Samsung-specific ringtone.

• 1 year later...
On 23.10.2016 at 11:10 PM, IAmAndre said:

Hi,

Had some fav songs before, especially as alarm. But at some point, you will hate that song.

That's why i just don't bother anymore, and keep the stock one, doesn't matter which phone.

12 hours ago, shadymob said:

I'm using the default ringtone, can someone tell me where the best ringtone is?

The best Ringtone is the one, you will hear, when it goes off.

Anything other than this is pure personal preference.

Well this topic was posted a couple years ago, but my position is basically the same: I still keep the stock ringtone, but oddly enough, my mom makes me set a new ringtone every time she gets a new phone.

I'm using the default ringtone, I need the best ringtone someone please help me find the ringtone. :x

No. 

My ringtone has always been the generic cellphone ring. I'm not a fan of musical ringtones 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Normally my phone is on silent due to spam callers. But Im currently rocking the Pokemon red/blue theme. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.