The Cooler Master Glacier 240L: The H220 Successor! *UPDATED*

is there any reason you would want to expand on a aio isnt the point of all in one convinience and if you want more u get full custom ?? how can you add more to this in terms of cooling  blocks with only a 2x120 cooler :S

If u can add more blocks, then u can add more radiators. Duh

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

No love for Canada. Again...

just get the h220. 

So this is basically the easier to find H220 for Americans?

Pretty much.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

From CM's website

http://bit.ly/1dgvqdU

Thanks for the link. Will edit original post to add this in.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This looks sort of cheap imo with its fans and the black glossy tubing but waiting to see some benchmarks to see if it performs close to the H220.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This looks sort of cheap imo with its fans and the black glossy tubing but waiting to see some benchmarks to see if it performs close to the H220.

The H220 had glossy tubing, didn't it? Either way the fans can be replaced.

More pictures added.

The H220 had glossy tubing, didn't it? Either way the fans can be replaced.

Didn't really notice on the H220 before because of the angle of the pictures. Thks for correcting me. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

If u can add more blocks, then u can add more radiators. Duh

true but would the pump be strong enough from an all in one to sustain 2 / 3 radiators and an additional gpu block and if u want to add that much wont a custom loop just make more sense. when you open it and such u get just the same amount of work but less of the personalization 

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

true but would the pump be strong enough from an all in one to sustain 2 / 3 radiators and an additional gpu block and if u want to add that much wont a custom loop just make more sense. when you open it and such u get just the same amount of work but less of the personalization

Radiators have minimum flow restrictions compared to waterblocks

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

It doesn't affect sales in Finland

Interesting. There is not even 1 place in whole Finland that sell h320 or is it not released yet?

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Radiators have minimum flow restrictions compared to waterblocks

Yhea ok but thats not my real point xD its more about how usefull it is. I dont see a lot of ppl do this since its the same work as a custom loop. 

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

Interesting. There is not even 1 place in whole Finland that sell h320 or is it not released yet?

Could be s retailer problem? Might as well have it sent in from the good ol' UK or something. Might have to even send it from Canada...

Could be s retailer problem? Might as well have it sent in from the good ol' UK or something. Might have to even send it from Canada...

There is only 4 units of H220 and 0 units of H320 online in Finland so there might be some problems with retailers :(

I managed to find 7 units of H320 from UK, but since there was problems with H220 units in my country and people said that everyone that got one had to send them back.

I rather buy from Finland than UK cause RMA would be pain :)

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Hi Guys, my name is Ross, known as Phelan on all the boards. I run the H220/320 and Cooler Master Glacer 240L owners' club on OCN. I've been in communication with both Swiftech and Cooler Master in regards to this unit, and can elaborate on some details about this unit. Yes, it is mainly a gap-filler to allow US enthusiasts that couldn't pick up an H220 another opportunity to get one,but it is also a very beneficial partnership for both Swiftech and Cooler Master, since both will now have money in the pot by facilitating an option that users did not previously have.

Anyway, the main things to know about this unit is that it is fundamentally the same thing as the H220. It has the same pump with the revision 2 impeller, but turned up to 3500 rpm for more flow. Gabe originally designed this motor to run at 4500 rpm, and in their testing, outperformed the MCP35X at that speed. He turned down the speed in the H220 tuning it for less noise. So the extra rpm headroom i the CM unit is not a reliabilitu issue. Since the pump at 3500 rpm will consume a bit more power than at 3000 (8-10w vs 6), the Glacer pump block has a SATA connector for power and a PWM fan header for PWM modulation, whereas the H220 pump block only had a PWM fan header. Because of this change, the Glacer 240L does not include the Swiftech 8-way PWM splitter. Also, the included Cooler Master fans are much more robust than the Helix fans, with almost double the Static pressure (~4mm H20 vs 2.2) and 56% more cfm (86 vs 55). They are bit noisier, but CM is expecting users to turn these fans down during quiet operation. So all in all, this unit should actually outperform the H220 by a little bit. Larger heat dumps will see a larger performance difference as usual.

Back to pump performance, even the 3000 rpm H220 is strong enough to pump through 3 blocks and 3 rads, as has been seen at CES. The Glacer 240L will have yet better flow than that, so will be able to handle similar loops.

If anyone has any other questions just let me know.

@Phelan thank you for the info. Question, since the 240L doesnt include a PWM splitter and since most current motherboards have only 2 dedicated CPU PWM ports, would it be possible to run the pump without PWM modulation reserving 2 of the CPU fan ports on the motherboard for the fans only?

-supa cool infos-

Thank you for the info! I will implement it into the main post to extend!

@Phelan thank you for the info. Question, since the 240L doesnt include a PWM splitter and since most current motherboards have only 2 dedicated CPU PWM ports, would it be possible to run the pump without PWM modulation reserving 2 of the CPU fan ports on the motherboard for the fans only?

You can run the pump without the fan header on it being plugged in but it will run at max RPM, much like the Apogee Drive II.

Thank you for the info! I will implement it into the main post to extend!

No prob, glad I could help :).

No prob, glad I could help :).

Done! Say, where did you get this info anyway? And if I were to connect two water blocks and 1 120mm and 1 240mm Rads, would it be effective?

Done! Say, where did you get this info anyway? And if I were to connect two water blocks and 1 120mm and 1 240mm Rads, would it be effective?

Do you mean 2 GPU blocks and 2 extra rads or 1 gpu block in addition to the pump block? Either way this unit will power it no prob, as long as you run any multi-GPU setups in parallel so you don't needlessly impair flow-rate. You can effectively cool the devices in the setup you mention no problem, though you could possibly squeeze another 1-3* C out adding a second pump in the loop.

All the info I have came straight from the horse's mouth. Most of my H220 info came from Gabe Rouchon (Swiftech CEO), and some from Bryan and Stephen @ Swiftech as well, whereas the Glacer info came from PMs with Jon @ Cooler Master. I've also read and kept up with all 700+ pages of the owners' group on OCN, which I started.

I know I'm obviously not active here, but fortunately have previously registered here so I can post. But I am very active OCN, keeping up with my subscriptions and some new threads by the hour :).

Do you mean 2 GPU blocks and 2 extra rads or 1 gpu block in addition to the pump block? Either way this unit will power it no prob, as long as you run any multi-GPU setups in parallel so you don't needlessly impair flow-rate. You can effectively cool the devices in the setup you mention no problem, though you could possibly squeeze another 1-3* C out adding a second pump in the loop.

All the info I have came straight from the horse's mouth. Most of my H220 info came from Gabe Rouchon (Swiftech CEO), and some from Bryan and Stephen @ Swiftech as well, whereas the Glacer info came from PMs with Jon @ Cooler Master. I've also read and kept up with all 700+ pages of the owners' group on OCN, which I started.

Nice! A small form factored case can now benefit from such cooling now!