The Cooler Master Glacier 240L: The H220 Successor! *UPDATED*

BlueJay,

I've resolved the minor noise issue I had last week so all is good. I'm happy with the unit. Happy enough to purchase a Komodo block for my 780 and an additional 240 rad to add to the loop. Parts arrived from Swiftech the other day. I'm hoping I'll have time tonight to work on it :)

Great to hear man! Hope to see this once complete, you don't mind posting in Build Logs and allow me to use for the main page of this?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Great to hear man! Hope to see this once complete, you don't mind posting in Build Logs and allow me to use for the main page of this?

I'm not sure if I'll have time to fully document things step by step (i'll try) but I can certainly take some post expansion photos as well as screen shots of temps.

This is all happening in a Corsair Air 540 case i'm currently using.

I'm not sure if I'll have time to fully document things step by step (i'll try) but I can certainly take some post expansion photos as well as screen shots of temps.

This is all happening in an Corsair Air 540 case i'm currently using.

Maximized airflow! I'll see if I can post the rig here once you do the loop and you mind also getting me some temperatures in stress with the CPU block then with the GPU block attached?

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Edited! Added @IsaaX's post about his Glacier cooler build on main page!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd still rather the h220 I trust swiftech over coolermaster especially with there pumps and I can get the h220 in Aus :)

They are manufacturing it for us. :) We just partnered with them for the technology so they can be available in the US.

Cooler Master USA - Twitter - Facebook - Reddit

I hope a 360mm version is coming maybe along with a 280mm and 420mm as well? Because im debating between a H110 and this and if there was a 280mm version of this I wouldnt even look at the H110.

;) 

Cooler Master USA - Twitter - Facebook - Reddit

;)

Does this mean your making what I suggested? :D

I am def getting one of these when Amazon gets them back in stock.

They had it in newegg. Sold out as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I received my Glacier 240L 12/11/13 (after waiting a month for it to be back in stock). When I went to install the unit, the radiator was rusted and had random areas of damaged fins. I am not sure if the issues are Q.A. based or a refurbished unit sold as new stock.

post-50034-0-38515800-1386938545_thumb.j

post-50034-0-48732200-1386938649_thumb.j

post-50034-0-41429700-1386938709_thumb.j

post-50034-0-86212000-1386938731_thumb.j

I received my Glacier 240L 12/11/13 (after waiting a month for it to be back in stock). When I went to install the unit, the radiator was rusted and had random areas of damaged fins. I am not sure if the issues are Q.A. based or a refurbished unit sold as new stock.

RMA and see if that might help

No we didn't. Swiftech doesn't sell in the EU

Atleast here in finland they do...

I received my Glacier 240L 12/11/13 (after waiting a month for it to be back in stock). When I went to install the unit, the radiator was rusted and had random areas of damaged fins. I am not sure if the issues are Q.A. based or a refurbished unit sold as new stock.

That's not rust. The fins are copper. What you're seeing is the actual copper that didn't get a splash of black paint. Quite normal.

When would the Glacier 240L be available in Australia ?!

You guys hace access to the H220 so you don't need the 240L

That's not rust. The fins are copper. What you're seeing is the actual copper that didn't get a splash of black paint. Quite normal.

the green is actually oxidation which is "rust" but yea the other stuff is just copper.

By now, coolers should come with noctula fans.

check out my build if you think that ;)

the green is actually oxidation which is "rust" but yea the other stuff is just copper.

Good point. I didn't look close enough in the photo to notice any green bits. I just assumed the person thought the exposed copper color was rust.

Sorry for calling it rust. Was so irritated while posting (brain was over heating) :P . The fan side was mangled and spots of damage on the other. The pictures (from a phone) don't show the full extent of the problem. Trying to RMA it with Cooler Master at the moment. Hopefully I will have an update soon.

Sorry for calling it rust. Was so irritated while posting (brain was over heating) :P . The fan side was mangled and spots of damage on the other. The pictures (from a phone) don't show the full extent of the problem. Trying to RMA it with Cooler Master at the moment. Hopefully I will have an update soon.

Sorry to hear that man. I'm sure CM will take care of it for you.