Infinity Ward: ''CoD players aren't hardcore gamers, or even gamers at all''

TopWargamer

Loooooool

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I kind of agree, I don't think a gamer is anyone who plays videogames. I mean you don't say, oh I watched twilight I am a film buff, playing cod does not make you a gamer.

Ive hit a nerv there i see...

For you there are most fun games for rest they arent and as you guessed it it was based on my own opinion...

you didn't hit a nerve, I just don't get why people look down upon people that do/ see differently than themselves, I believe a post you made recently completely agrees with my views as-well.

And I quote:

I just dont believe in nothing. That includes religion and people. Greed and hate because someone sees something otherway is the problem soo i tend to keep outta it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Are people getting butthurt over CoD on this forum. Sad. Maybe not butthurt but definitely feel the need to debate it... 

I don't care about it. I'll just sit here and play my PC indie games.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

If you play 50 different games for 80 hours a week you are a gamer. If you play CoD, BF, or madden maybe 20-30 minutes a day you are a gamer. If you play angry birds on your phone every now and then you are a gamer. There is no reason to alienate and differentiate people who enjoy the same pass time as you just so you can feel superior and wear the "gamer" title as a badge of honor. If you engage in the act of playing a video game no matter what it is you are indeed a gamer. It's as simple as that. I don't see a need for me to get a special title just because I spend more time playing games than most people. I don't care what i'm called and I don't care who shares my social title. I only care about playing games I don't need to have people below me to justify me playing them. /endrant 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I love battlefield, but origin killed it for me.

Origin really isn't that bad. Yeah it aucks that I have the whole thing and have to open it and keep it going for 1 game, but it rely isn't that bad, sometimes they even have better deals than steam sales?

I play COD but I also have over 100 other games in my steam library and over 100 physical games for my consoles.. a bit rough but I guess it's a pretty spot on generalization. What classifies a gamer? someone that plays "hardcore" games 4+ hours a day? someone that only plays the latest and greatest? if generalizing someone into thinking they're not a gamer because they only enjoy playing one game .. well.. I don't know.

#!

People who infactuate themselves with in a tiny Call of Duty bubble and refuse to stray from their fandom aren't gamers. They are people who play a game.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Let me give you guys the analogy I thought of that goes along with my cereal analogy:

If you eat fast food all the time, are you a food connoisseur? A food buff? An aficionado? I think the answer is no, and anyone who disagrees doesn't understand what those words mean. 

There are "people who eat food" (that's a joke btw, since everyone does) and then there are the above people. Where they read, learn about, breathe, and generally love food in all it's forms. 

Are they the same? No. They are most certainly not, and I can guarantee you that the people who love food (not in the sense of eating obscene amounts of it, but in the sense of learning about it and "experiencing" it) will desire to distinguish themselves. 

This whole discussion is the exact same situation. Only it's not about something that is vital for life. Gamers, as we (most people on this forum) would define one, are people who love video games. Who learn about them, and live them (in that they spend lots of time in regards to them), except that we just don't use special words for it. Aside from "hardcore", but all the terms are sweeping or too specific, and thusly none of them are good. So we stick with the generic "Gamer". 

There are those who play games and those who are gamers. As others have said. They are different, and rightly so.

CoD is to games as fast food is to food in general. Cheap. Delicious. But worth it? Not in the long term, by a long shot. 

There are people who seek to find out what said medium (food or video games) has to fully offer, and then there are those who do it out of necessity and little else. 

For fast food, they want cheap, fast, and delicious food. For people who play games, they want hours of mind-numbing entertainment. It's basically the same thing in a different form. 

By all I've said, I reiterate, I agree with the OP and the article. Call of Duty players (people who play it and it only as well as other games like it) are not gamers. Not in my eyes. Simply because they don't do it for the same reasons I believe a gamer would. Not just for entertainment, but for something more.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

If they play COD on PC, still ok IMO but If they play COD on console only, time to go to school now kids xD

Calling out CoD players because they have become a popular target over the years, is quite naiive don't you think? 

I would describe a Hardcore gamer as somebody who dedicates a large amount of his leisure time to playing video games. Be it one game or many. A professional gamer has a schedule for practice. He/she may in some cases play less per week than a hardcore but he/she will focus all their dedicated time on one game. 

I'm not calling them out, only its just some CoD players have unbelievable ignorance of what the gaming really is and they become part of the problem with todays gaming culture.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

my mom plays tetris on game boy when she poos on the toilet, does that make her a gamer?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

"Gamer" is not an exclusive club that you must earn admission in to by completing various computer game-related task. If you call yourself a gamer, chances are, you're a gamer

You know you can buy origin games like bf3 in a normal store and Register it in origin? Same goes for steam games. And origin is not that Bad. Even if steam is miles ahead Of it

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

Here's a more realistic definition @Abyssal Radon :

1. gamer
1.)someone who plays video games when bored...usually very good at it

2.) someone who plays video games as a hobby
frank::dude i can't belive you got your ass kicked at halo by a fucking 10 year old....jesus fuck man i thought you were a gamer

2. Gamer
The term "Gamer" by itself can apply to nearly anyone who plays video games on a regular basis or even once in a long while. However, even among gamers and the definitions on this site there is a large amount of debate about who and what gamers exactly are. The best way to define the term "gamer" is not to define it at all but accept that there are in fact many types of gamers out there and there is no blanket term that can cover them all.

Casual gamers are the people who mostly own console systems and buy mostly sports and racing games. They don't like fantasy games and only enjoy sci-fi games based on movies they may have seen. This group, unfortunatly, makes up the bulk of the gaming community and the current popularity of shitty games on shitty console systems is evidence of this. Casual Gamers think that having a "life" consists entirely of getting laid and drunk on a regular basis and have very little interest in games outside of a way to pass the time without spending alot of money.

The group of people who call themselves Hardcore gamers aren't often quite as "hardcore" about gaming as they would like to think. These are the people you see complaining that games now come in fancy modes like "3D" and debating the finer points of why Final Fantasy 6 was better than Final Fantasy 7. The only people who might actually be hardcore are the people who sit an camp the firegiant hideout in evercamp for 72 hours at a time just to get some item that will help them camp better. I wouldn't rate either side of this coin as being a very pretty sight.

Finally there are the true gamers who actually treat gaming as a real HOBBY and not just a way to pass time or something to try and collect hundred upon thousands of. True Gamers just try to find an enjoy the best games out there and don't like getting ripped off because Casual gamers are pushing the industry towards a point where the only games that will be profitable are Madden and GTA. True Gamers often own high quality PC's and play PC games most often. Despite what most people might think a PC isn't hard to operate and doesn't cost too much. The people who say PC's are too expensive are often spending hundreds of dollars on console systems that can't do even half as many things as a PC can do and to make matters worse they own more than one of these stone age devices.
True Gamers: Don't pay attention to the poseurs and bums out there who just play Madden or are too busy talking about Final Fantasy 6 to play anything at all. Just continue to buy good games from good companies so our little corner of the gaming community doesn't end up with an "Out of bussiness" sign hanging on the door.

Ref: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gamer

And by page 5 of this thread I can tell there's a lot of Forum Gamers here :P

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Professional Players play only one game this means they are not Gamers :3 Dafq that logic !

They are gamers but it just rubs me the wrong way when they try to show their "cred" when realy ... they know nothing else but CoD.

About pros : I would be willing to bet a lot that pro CoD players tried other games. I can't fathom investing so much time in a medium and not want to try different aspect of it.

Gamer is a general term. It includes anyone who plays video games, including casual games. I think some of you guys just want do differentiate yourselves from gamers who play games that you hate, suck, or are casual. You can just call yourselves Core Gamers or Hardcore Gamers. 

Or we could all be just gamers...

I really do hate the word " Gamer " and how people try to define it .

Agreed! I like to play video games of all different genres and titles but I don't label myself as a gamer.

I feel like that word is overused and should go away. Gaming is so widespread that pretty much everyone could be considered a "gamer".

If someone really likes movies they don't call themselves a movie watcher! almost everyone watches movies. They just sound ridiculous.

I agree as many people play games; however if you only play cod you are confined to a one genre, one game series. (cough mw2.5) You may be really into pizza but that alone doesn't make you a food critic but an avid pizza-ist.

Paintball meet up KD 7(8?)/1 + one capture 

dat duckface doe 

I have only ever bought 2 CoD games, CoD 3 and 4, I have played MW2, havent played more than 30 minutes of a CoD game after MW2, completely lost the sence of value in the series. I am completely addicted to Borderlands 2, but that has a fun and interesting story with laughs and challenges along the way. I havent been an online gamer since Bad Company 2

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I'm not calling them out, only its just some CoD players have unbelievable ignorance of what the gaming really is and they become part of the problem with todays gaming culture.

I am pretty sure you have those ignorent players in every game, the ones in CoD are just most popular because the game is the most popular shooter.

Yes "they" have created a problem, but in the other hand they allowed small companies and indie-devs to get more attention. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

So this guy say's that, well, what does he consider a gamer is. In the past the definition of a gamer was someone who played Dungeons & Dragons Role Playing Game w/ dice and imagination. is this what he is talking about?

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller