Budget Phone Search

Finally I'll soon be switching to Verizon from T-Mobile, but for the first time in years I'm tasked with the challenge of finding a decent phone. My budget is around $50.00 & there's only 6 Slider or Flip Phone options on Amazon in total. So now I'm starting to wonder if I should just get a smart phone, been hesitant because I feared anything under a couple hundred might be so cheap it's touch screen would break from a 2 inch fall. That's where y'all come in, help prove my concerns wrong with a decent smart phone for under the price I mentioned. In terms of features I'm anything but picky, although if it's possible to get one with an alright 3+ Megapixel Camera then that'd be great. More importantly though, it needs the ability to be plugged into a PC for pic transferring. My current Samsung flip phone oddly can't do this although a previous model that broke could. An SD slot would be nice but probably not required unless some only have a few MB on board. I've seen dozens of smart phone choices on Amazon for under 60 but could really use all y'all's help in whittling em down to the most durable/reliable.

*Update/Edit: My budget is around 50 bucks for 3 phones, myself & two family friends. Since we'll be getting the lowest Verizon plan with minimal data, not that we use it anyway, that aspect of the phones isn't important.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I'll second this. For $60, you're not going to find much better than the BLU R1 HD

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I'll second this. For $60, you're not going to find much better than the BLU R1 HD

The one he linked isn't the R1 HD.

11 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Finally I'll soon be switching to Verizon from T-Mobile, but for the first time in years I'm tasked with the challenge of finding a decent phone. My budget is strictly under $60.00 & there's only 6 Slider or Flip Phone options on Amazon in total. So now I'm starting to wonder if I should just get a smart phone, been hesitant because I feared anything under a couple hundred might be so cheap it's touch screen would break from a 2 inch fall. That's where y'all come in, help prove my concerns wrong with a decent smart phone for under the price I mentioned. In terms of features I'm anything but picky, although if it's possible to get one with an alright 3+ Megapixel Camera then that'd be great. More importantly though, it needs the ability to be plugged into a PC for pic transferring. My current Samsung flip phone oddly can't do this although a previous model that broke could. An SD slot would be nice but probably not required unless some only have a few MB on board. I've seen dozens of smart phone choices on Amazon for under 60 but could really use all y'all's help in whittling em down to the most durable/reliable.

https://www.amazon.com/BLU-R1-HD-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01H2E0J5M/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1476487387&sr=1-4&keywords=smartphone&refinements=p_36%3A-6000

That's the R1 HD

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

The R1 HD is really good. that's what I meant to link, but I couldn't find the page where it was 60$ somehow. oops.

Buy the R1 HD, not what I linked.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

At first, I saw "4GB internal memory" and freaked out.

Then I remembered that internal memory != RAM and came back down to Earth.

The R1 makes so much more sense.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

35 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I thought unlocked phones couldn't work with Verizon only AT&T or T-Mobile? By the way I'm not a prime member either.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

47 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

43 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

38 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

At first, I saw "4GB internal memory" and freaked out.

Then I remembered that internal memory != RAM and came back down to Earth.

The R1 makes so much more sense.

40 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

The R1 HD is really good. that's what I meant to link, but I couldn't find the page where it was 60$ somehow. oops.

Buy the R1 HD, not what I linked.

Thank you all but unfortunately I was stretching the budget a little. I don't have a Amazon Prime account for that offer & actually only have around $50.00 to spend on each of the 3 phones for myself & two family friends. Originally said 60 though because if there was something for lets say $52.00 I didn't wanna exclude that for the petty difference. I'll update my main post to say ~50.00 smart phone right after I post this reply. Since I'll likely need a few bucks left over to get a decent rubber case with.

11 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Thank you all but unfortunately I was stretching the budget a little. I don't have a Amazon Prime account for that offer & actually only have around $50.00 to spend on each of the 3 phones for myself & two family friends. Originally said 60 though because if there was something for lets say $52.00 I didn't wanna exclude that for the petty difference. I'll update my main post to say ~50.00 smart phone right after I post this reply. Since I'll likely need a few bucks left over to get a decent rubber case with.

Did you use the free trial already?

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Did you use the free trial already?

No usually I stay a mile from trials, with Amazon though it's worth considering. Currently browsing around at other options in this price range too. More & more I'm realizing though that I really don't need a smartphone. It's just super unfortunate that it's all anyone really sells anymore. I use a phone for calling, that's it; I may send a text once a month or want to know if there's gonna be ice on the road on way home from work but that's only once in a blue moon.

5 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

If all BLU phones in the ~50 range have amazon ads then I'll have to avoid those. Hopefully some of the other brands will at least give warning of this although I'll be looking up YouTube reviews anyway. I'm still so new to the whole unlocked phone thing though, some articles I read say that Verizon offers unlocked phones now. Yet Amazon them self in the description of various GSM Unlocked phones says they won't work with Verizon or Sprint.

On 15/10/2016 at 2:12 AM, Mike Soda said:

*Update/Edit: My budget is around 50 bucks for 3 phones, myself & two family friends. Since we'll be getting the lowest Verizon plan with minimal data, not that we use it anyway, that aspect of the phones isn't important.

My friend, for 50$, you have a better chance shopping from a site like gearbest. I guess you can get a Oukitel (decent chinese brand)

On 10/17/2016 at 4:14 AM, geekchronicles said:

My friend, for 50$, you have a better chance shopping from a site like gearbest. I guess you can get a Oukitel (decent chinese brand)

Sorry for the late reply & thanks but I've found some good smart & basic phones on Amazon for around 50. Worst case scenario I'd have to settle for an LG VN251s Cosmos 3 which would be just fine. On the other hand if I get lucky could wind up with a LG Lancet VW820 or Motorola Droid M.