Windows 10 Redstone 2 Launch date

I'll update. Didn't have any problem with RS1 nor do I know anyone who had issues with it.

If anything, it fixed another issue a friend had with Windows update simply failing to update anything. Had to use the media creation tool that had the anniversary update to update his PC, since then he had no issue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

21 minutes ago, Cryosec said:

I'm never short on USB drives :D and I recently bought a sata3 to usb 3 case for 2.5'' drives, so I could finally take out of my pc the backup drive I cannibalized from my laptop (which got a new SSD)

I use a NAS to back all it all up in case windows bones me again

i5-12600k, 3090 Gaming X Trio

We'll settle this the old navy way: First guy to die, LOSES!

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

am i the only one thats basically only seen improvements in windows 10?...

anyway im upgradeing as long as its free basically, but not before i see some content on it.

It stopped being free as of at least sometime in August 2016.

Microsoft has allegedly been internally referencing Windows 10 Redstone 2 as Version 1703 and is slated for a March 2017 release.

Meaning that Windows 10 Redstone 2 will likely come out in March 2017.

In addition to this, it is rumored that Redstone 3 will come out in Summer 2017.

With Windows 10, Microsoft is striving to release two major updates for Windows 10 every year, except for this year as the company decided to delay Redstone 2 until early 2017, as I exclusively reported several months ago. It's always hard to pinpoint an exact time-frame for software launches as they're constantly slipping, but I've been hearing over the last couple of months that March 2017 is the target-month for Redstone 2's launch.

A user on Twitter by the name of h0x0d, who is known for leaking all kinds of Microsoft goodies has spotted references to a "Version 1703" in the latest Redstone 2 Insider builds. This matches what I've been hearing, but it does seem curiously early especially given all Windows 10 releases so far have launched in either the middle of the year or late in the year. In regards to the second major update coming in 2017 codenamed Redstone 3, expect that to launch in the summer.

That leaves a considerable gap between Redstone 3 and the next major update for Windows 10, which I'm told is codenamed Redstone 4 and coming sometime in 2018. This leads me to believe Microsoft has some big plans with Redstone 4, as its development time will be considerably longer compared to the releases coming in 2017. Of course, since we're talking about updates that are over a year away here, things could change.

Cool. I'm certainly looking forward to this.

http://wccftech.com/microsoft-refers-windows-10-rs2-version-1703/

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-redstone-2-looking-likely-march-2017-release

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Give me back my god damn power options from the notification bar battery indicator.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Give me back my god damn power options from the notification bar battery indicator.

Post it in Feedback hub and hopefully a MS engineer will take it upon themselves to do that. :)

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

But i just recently got an update xD! Why are people already talking about major updates....

Microsoft should calm down and get some milk.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Post it in Feedback hub and hopefully a MS engineer will take it upon themselves to do that. :)

I think I've posted that onto the Feedback hub last year. Was hoping to see it in the anniversary update. Sad life.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

Glad you managed to know how to use the search function instead of asking for "Link to the original or it never happened".

Honestly. 9/10 times the search doesn't work and TBH my article was vastly superior to this.

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

But i just recently got an update xD! Why are people already talking about major updates....

Microsoft releases monthly security and bug fix updates in between major ones.

Major ones come out twice a year (roughly).

Microsoft should calm down and get some milk.

Just no..........

-snip-

Im starting to feel the conspiracy theory up my neck!

Microsoft Note 7 reference Windows 10 revision incoming...

Groomlake Authority

7 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Im starting to feel the conspiracy theory up my neck!

Microsoft Note 7 reference Windows 10 revision incoming...

IDEK. What's wrong with a bug fix update once per month?

-snip-

Nothing at all, its actually a pretty good move and clearly shows that Microsoft inteds to stay with the Windows 10 is the definitive basis for the Windows ecosystem from now on, which i really appreciate the approach, just like Android and IOS seem to be doing.

Groomlake Authority

redstone? Did they really buy minecraft just so they could name their OS updates after it? :P

jk

But hopefully it's not buggy. I could care less what they add, just don't make it buggy please MS thanks ;)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Will they fix NIC teaming / LACP this time?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

So is this the version with an update to dwm.exe, that will make it support HDR and variable refresh rate, so Freesync will work in windowed mode too? Because I thought the last big update would get us that. It's pointless to have HDR monitors and games, if Windows can't render it anyways. Get on in MS!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Will they fix NIC teaming / LACP this time?

Maybe

2 hours ago, Notional said:

So is this the version with an update to dwm.exe, that will make it support HDR and variable refresh rate, so Freesync will work in windowed mode too? Because I thought the last big update would get us that. It's pointless to have HDR monitors and games, if Windows can't render it anyways. Get on in MS!

Maybe IDK.

Microsoft released their Cortana notification mirroring/phone management on PC with the Anniversary update.

Not impressed, tbh. It does not seem to do anything that PushBullet does not already do, and better. Well, I guess some people might scream "UWP!"

I really hope their blue light reduction feature that is rumoured to be in Redstone 2 will have something to offer over existing 3rd party solutions like F.lux.

I would like to see it play better with dx8/9 games. Those don't allow F.lux in exclusive fullscreen, unfortunately. Newer games like GTA V allow it on both dx10, 10.1 and 11 in exclusive fullscreen.

Wishful thinking though, can't see them going back to support older APIs when their direction seems very aggressively focused on "out with the old, in with the new, keep up if you can".

I wonder what interesting data harvesting things they will introduce in this update.

The best part about Windows 10 updates, apart from being completely forced down users' throats, is that they seem to always remove options, reset settings (like conveniently turning on all the privacy intrusive settings), and install more bloatware. I sure can't wait to uninstall "Get Skype", "Get Office" and 3D builder for like the 6th time.

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Maybe

Maybe IDK.

You don't have to post saying "I don't know" when someone asks a question that is not aimed at you. Imagine if everyone did that. It's like putting up your hand in class just go to "I don't know". It's just post farming.

12 hours ago, Himommies said:

Why redstone is it because minecraft

11 hours ago, knightslugger said:

I HIGHLY doubt it as redstone could be so many other things than a reference to something is a video game.

oi. my brain... *temple rub*

Yeah Redstone always reminds me of the Redstone rocket and the early days of US space explodation. Hope Windows 10 updates go a little more smoothly.

11 hours ago, tpcs1980 said:

It stopped being free as of at least sometime in August 2016.

im already on windows 10, im guessing the redstone 2 update will be aswell

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'm super triggered by redstone 1 because it made the start menu shit. It put focus entirely on the wrong thing.

21 hours ago, Pandalf said:

It's not like Microsoft leave us with any options.

windows education edition represents. i can disable them :P

lol windows updates means bricked PC

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

7 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

I'm super triggered by redstone 1 because it made the start menu shit. It put focus entirely on the wrong thing.

I agree tbh.